Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad Company 2's first day

DAHBOODAHBOO Member UncommonPosts: 137

There web site is down, i cant load ea games forums site either  and the servers are laggy and crashing out. Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• hellmutthellmutt Member Posts: 60

Well I have been playing the single player and have yet to jump into the MP.

Makes sense that it's running laggy on day 1.

I can only imagine how many copies got sold.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

It's slowly been fixing itself over time. The servers kept saying couldn't connect, and the only way you could get into games before was by pressing play now, and hoping the server wouldn't kick you for punkbuster or just say "You have been kicked from the game". But now I was able to add a friends server to my favorites and can play on it from that, so it isn't as bad as earlier. From the BC2 blog they stated it wasn't a server based issue but a client based one. So they might patch it soon after the players all start loggin out for the night. I wanted to play single player but knowing it was possible to eventually get into multiplayer matches held me out because I love the multiplayer in it.

• SquirlmasterSquirlmaster Member Posts: 57

Filmed a video over at http://staticcouch.com/blog/?p=842 on the first day, shows multiplayer and single. Not really any lag for playing in the first few hours of release. This is on xbox360 btw

currently playing: FFXI
    Waiting for FFXIV to be updated more.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by DAHBOO

There web site is down, i cant load ea games forums site either  and the servers are laggy and crashing out. Anyone else having problems?

Servers are dedicated so has nothing to do with their site...switch servers. There are a lot of folks tweaking their servers so your going to see some servers chain resetting till they get it right.

As for the forum  and website... who cares there's folks to kill.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170
    Originally posted by Pyrostasis

Originally posted by DAHBOO

Servers are dedicated so has nothing to do with their site...switch servers. There are a lot of folks tweaking their servers so your going to see some servers chain resetting till they get it right.

As for the forum  and website... who cares there's folks to kill.

Of course it has a lot to do with their server. Every dedicated server has a buttload of traffic to the EA servers. My multiplay server is flakey, as is any other server. Game needs to be patched badly.

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

Just got the game yesterday and I am doing the single player first. So far I like it a lot but I hate that the AI always know where you are even if you are outside their los no matter where you run the tank know where you are and just blast the walls. It's like the 3 walls between me and the tank are invisible to him. I change position and he still see me even if I don't see him and never stop shooting.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Been playing almost flawlessly the past couple days.  This has been my most recent escape and having fun with it. . . except for the VPU Recovery crashes after a couple matches with my ATI 5750.  The crash temporarily brings up a dialog box that I click "dont send" on, and then the game session im in continues, and stays open for as long as Im on.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

So I guess you can play Bad Company 2 for like 1 or 2 days and then the wallhack and aimbot is released and the "less skilled" players can join also :)

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Can't seem to connect to the EA servers to login right now :(

But other than some glitches with saving unlock points, it was working nicely.

Now if only they can fix the ping column in the server browser, so we can find good ping servers without scrolling through the whole list looking for local city names lol

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033
    Originally posted by patrikd23

So I guess you can play Bad Company 2 for like 1 or 2 days and then the wallhack and aimbot is released and the "less skilled" players can join also :)

Far less today than the Aion bots you have to trudge through :)

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

omg I love the multiplayer! Charging in with the ATV or jetski is so much fun!

• mudstuckmudstuck Member Posts: 203

Anyone know a decent site for Bad Co 2, info? Ive been hop-scotching, around to find what info I do have, and the EA forums are a  pain.

On a different note, it's been fun so far, takes for ever to find a server, that is actually playable, but still, all in all great fun.