Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question before playing

treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Hey guys,

I just sarched for info, but I still don't know for sure:

1) I read you have a payment option for this game, like a monthly fee if you want to pay montly? If that is correct, what benefit does that have compared to people that just pay sometimes via microtransactions? I was thinking that maybe they have a similar model as Dungeons and Dragons online, where each month you can pay a monthly fee and you get all content plus points to spend at the shop.

2) I heard you have to use a rebirth at age 25 to restart your char at lv1 but keeping all your advancement (skills). I also heard you always have a free rebirth at age 20, and that you start at age 10-17, each week you gain 1 year. So then what is the point on paying for a rebirth if I can restart at age 10, wait 10 weeks to be be age 20 and use the free rebirth? I don't get why people would wait till age 25 to pay for that rebirth, so I think i am missing something hehe.

thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• RiekiRieki Member Posts: 2

As far as services go, you used to be able to buy 1 month of any service for various things

Nao Service -Be revived at spot with full stamina/health/mana, weekly gifts, 3 Emergency bombs per day

Bank Service - extra bank space, make a guild, set up a shop, buy a house, use "item bags".

Advance play - Gain items daily.

However this is in the middle of changing, currently you can only buy service for as long as 1 day. I don't really know what nexon is planning to do with the service yet.

---------------

As for rebirths:

People who pay, can rebirth as often as once a week. (at any age)

People who do not pay, can only rebirth when their character reaches age 20.

I recommend to rebirth to age 17 instead of 10. While you do get less aging AP(Ability points), you would be that much closer to reaching age 20 again(in 3 weeks!)

Leveling AP > Saturday's age up AP

Here's a quick age up list:

Hitting age 11 and 12 gives you 5 AP

Ages 13, 14 gives you 4 AP

Ages 15,16 gives 3 AP

Ages 17 -> 21 each gives you 2 AP

and ages 22->25 gives you 1 AP

Really, the only time someone who does not pay should rebirth to age 10 is when they rarely play/level up.

That way, they can gain AP while not playing every saturday.

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

OK but if by using rebirth all I do is go back to age 10-17 and get AP till I get to level 25, I don't understand the point of getting to level 25, all I would do is grow up from 17 to 20 (3 weeks of playing), then rebirth to age 17, then play another 3 weeks till I am lv20 and rebirth again, etc etc etc. Why is there an option to pay so you can rebirth at age 14? Maybe because at younger ages you get more APs each week?

So now you can't have a monthly fee payment option to enjoy the game without having to pay each day? Is there any official new on this? I was planning on playing this game so that I could introduce my couple to the mmo world, but if I have to pay more than 15 euros a month, which is what I pay for P2P games (I have been playing p2p mmos for 10 years now), I think this game will make this "introduction to mmos" more difficult haha.

• zeroadielzeroadiel Member UncommonPosts: 22

I'm not sure if it was answered for you already but the monthly fee for their P2P package, is around $10 only... Well $10.90 which you have to buy like a $15 back to get the service but you can use the rest of the money for cash shop items.

•  Mabinogi is an incredibly unique game. Between tons of customization choices, your first character can have premium features without buying a premium character card, you can have up to three characters on one account for free (if you make a human first, you can get a giant and elf assistance cards). Although... sigh.... my favorite feature of the game has been broken. Dye. There is still dye, but it USED to be when someone bought advanced play premium service ($15/month), you would get a free daily item, Nao service, and extra storage. However, with the new update... *Tears up*.... they completely broke that. No more daily items, meaning that dye can only be obtained through the cash shop for 990nx (almost a dollar), which caused the price to sky rocket to 100k PER ONE. It used to be 50k at most, and even that was -really- expensive (inflation, woo.) but now... now it's just ridiculous. And you have to get these Nao soul stones instead... it's just... they completely messed it up. GAH!!!! WHY, NEXON?! *Swears furiously*.

Anyways, Mabinogi is great, unless you like having pretty colored outfits. (Unless you only get NPC shop available clothes, and wait for pretty colors....). Sadly, I can no longer recommend this game to you... I'm sure it's still great, but... after they made it so hard to dye things, and just messed everything else up, the economy flipped out and it just killed any reason I had to play.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

a long time ago it was 16k, actually xD

and ya....now it's 200k....ugh, stupid nexon

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by treyu86

OK but if by using rebirth all I do is go back to age 10-17 and get AP till I get to level 25, I don't understand the point of getting to level 25, all I would do is grow up from 17 to 20 (3 weeks of playing), then rebirth to age 17, then play another 3 weeks till I am lv20 and rebirth again, etc etc etc. Why is there an option to pay so you can rebirth at age 14? Maybe because at younger ages you get more APs each week?

So now you can't have a monthly fee payment option to enjoy the game without having to pay each day? Is there any official new on this? I was planning on playing this game so that I could introduce my couple to the mmo world, but if I have to pay more than 15 euros a month, which is what I pay for P2P games (I have been playing p2p mmos for 10 years now), I think this game will make this "introduction to mmos" more difficult haha.

euros huh?

i'm pretty sure this is a link to american mabinogi, and unfortunately nx doesn't let people from europe play it (bad news for me since i'm moving to sweden this summer =(   )

as for the monthly fee thing.....currently, in the american servers, the p2p benifits are hardly worth paying for-you can participate in Exremely expensive auctions to own a house, and you can be a guild leader....there aren't many more p2p benifits-so you can enjoy everything that mabinogi has to offer for free-except pets, you do have to pay for them, but only once!

you can buy things like gachapons(they give random items.....extremly cheap items or rare items, VERY rarely anything good) or dyes too,but you can get those things in-game anyway

in european mabinogi, though, i'm pretty sure they're still in Generation 1 (the first expansion of the game), so you have to pay to do mainstreams and use transformations that give temporary stat changes(there are options that may or may not be legal, however, that allow you to play on american servers from europe though....google for details) but i guess it's still worth playing...  

*thinks about deleting this useless post, but leaves it here since i've already typed so much <.< *

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

Well, I'm not sure what server you're going to be playing on, but all the things you said were about the American server. The European servers you HAVE to pay or else you won't get anywhere because there isn't any free rebirth and you have to pay to do the mainstream quests. In America you can rebirth every 3 weeks if you start at age 17 every time. If you pay every week for rebirths you can level up faster, but most people prefer to just do free rebirths since you have more time to just level up. Uhhh.... if you can I'd try and get on the American server. It'll be a lot easier for you.

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

Hey guys, get your fact straight, even though Euro Mabi is in G2 (not G1), you don't pay for anything (mainstream stories, transformation & spirit weapons etc. are all free) because you can't, there is no cash shop out yet for euro mabi.  And when G3 comes out, euro mabi may (or may not) follow Mabi NA's route, i.e. free rebirth at 20 years of age.  But if they do free rebirth like Mabi NA, make a 17 yr-old character.  Mabinogi NA blocks european IP, so euro mabi is for euopeans.

To play for free in Mabi NA, make sure you first create a human character, then run to Filia and Vales to talk to npc boss there to pick up a free giant and a free elf card.  So you can start the game with 3 characters of different races.

Before your character reaches lv 30, make sure you move all bank stored items to the left half of bank storage.

It's better to buy a few pets as mounts and storages.  They're cheap and very useful in dungeoning, and their storage spaces come very handy.

This game is fine for playing casually, that's what I've been doing for over a year.