Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy 13 is a week away!

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Now Ive never been a huge fan of the final fantasy series. I mostly played the NES ones and 7. I havent really be following the hype on 13 until I saw a trailer for it the other night and was blown away. Now I have a good big of cash saved up and im really looking forward to its release next week.

Anyone else a new fan of the series or a returning one with something to say about FF13?

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

I've completed both 7 and 10. Which I thought were both amazing games. I played a bit of 12 but didn't like the new battle system. I am really, I mean really looking forward to 13. And yea, It's only a WEEK away!!! I can barely contain my excitement :D

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Related question, anyone know how Gamefly responds to big releases like this? I've had FF13 queued since it was queueable on Gamefly, and it's the first and only one that I queue'd ahead of it's release date. Could I expect it the first week at least, or would it be better for such a release to just go ahead and preorder and drop the queue?

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

I need a TV first ahhh

XBOX+PC Moniter = ugly >.>

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

I need a TV first ahhh

Howso? My monitor is 1080p, an xbawks would look just fine on it.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

Originally posted by pyrofreak

I need a TV first ahhh

the res is always too low, so games like l4d, halo are really blurry ...

i have my res set to 1680x1050

is there a way to fix it?

• manongjanymanongjany Member Posts: 5

Ok guys, let's mark our calendars and drink to it!

I need a TV first ahhh

It depends entirely on your monitor's native aspect ratio. That's probably the maximum yours will do.

I need a TV first ahhh

It depends entirely on your monitor's native aspect ratio. That's probably the maximum yours will do.

yes it is, but why is the res screwd up in games? :/

I need a TV first ahhh

Most games operate at a low default and generally you have to set  the resolution they're using. Xbox only supports (i think) standard widescreen 720p/i and 1080p/i for high res gaming.

• mikemikkumikemikku Member Posts: 5

When will be the psp version be released for this game?

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

I've played every game in the series since the original.  The real FF series died years ago.  Starting with 11 they have just been shoving the name on garbage they know they couldn't sell without it.  Don't waste your money or at least wait until it's in the bargain bin.  This is a perfect example of a case where no one wants to be the one that calls it out for what it is and it will get an automatic good review score from everyone for being a Final Fantasy.  If you do buy it enjoy running down a corridor for 40+ hours.

member of imminst.org

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

This game got me to buy one of the not so new anymore consoles lol...xbox elite FF13 special bundle for the win!...love the sweet FF13 faceplate that comes with it =D

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

I need a TV first ahhh

Most games operate at a low default and generally you have to set  the resolution they're using. Xbox only supports (i think) standard widescreen 720p/i and 1080p/i for high res gaming.

I have a max resolution 1680x1050 samsung monitor, and another samsung that can do 1080p/i. I also have a LG TV that can only do 720p, and a bigger Bravia that does 1080p.

I've used my 360 on all of them, and the resolution has been as you'd expect; 'least best on 720p, better on 1680x1050, and equivalent (in terms of resolution) on the 1080p LCD and Bravia.

When your PC monitor is plugged in, go into your system settings blade and make sure that its actually using your monitors max resolution...blurry text on a 1680x1050 sounds crazy. It should be very crisp.

If you don't see a resolutions option inside of your systems setting blade, it could mean that the 360 thinks your monitor is a TV and is defaulting to something like standard definition.

But it shouldn't do that if you're using either a VGA or HDMI cable. Some kind of hardware conflict going on though.

Originally posted by Scalebane

This game got me to buy one of the not so new anymore consoles lol...xbox elite FF13 special bundle for the win!...love the sweet FF13 faceplate that comes with it =D

Yeah that's definitely worth it..back in December I had to hunt down a MW2 version of the 250gig console. Didn't know they were doing a FF13 version, I would've waited 'til now.

Originally posted by sepher

I need a TV first ahhh

I have a max resolution 1680x1050 samsung monitor, and another samsung that can do 1080p/i. I also have a LG TV that can only do 720p, and a bigger Bravia that does 1080p.

I've used my 360 on all of them, and the resolution has been as you'd expect; 'least best on 720p, better on 1680x1050, and equivalent (in terms of resolution) on the 1080p LCD and Bravia.

When your PC monitor is plugged in, go into your system settings blade and make sure that its actually using your monitors max resolution...blurry text on a 1680x1050 sounds crazy. It should be very crisp.

If you don't see a resolutions option inside of your systems setting blade, it could mean that the 360 thinks your monitor is a TV and is defaulting to something like standard definition.

But it shouldn't do that if you're using either a VGA or HDMI cable. Some kind of hardware conflict going on though.

no, only gets blury when i get inagme, i use a syncMaster 2032bw samsung moniter

• luloolou11luloolou11 Member Posts: 5

Good habits result from resisting temptation.

Originally posted by sepher

no, only gets blury when i get inagme, i use a syncMaster 2032bw samsung moniter

Ahh my bad. Weird. It still should be the same, I think my 1680x1050 is an earlier generation syncmaster, 2022 I believe. Only game I've played on it though that I remember is Tales of Vesperia, which has plenty of text. Looked crisp etc to me..I don't think the resolution changed on me.

It definitely sounds like some kind of errored behavior you hae going on, I'd try and research that more before investing in a TV if this problem was the only reason you were going to.