Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMORPG has the best graphics?

Comments

• ibanz85ibanz85 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Juiceman

Mortal Online has the best mmo graphics I've seen so far, at least the environments.  If the shadows didn't glitch(maybe its my comp 7950gt not bad but not great) and everything worked properly(iike the gamma, gawd its dark) and was finished it would be beautiful.but it's largely incomplete and in a terrible Open beta right now. Im still compelled to try and play it though......                     
    Edit:
    OH yea, not to mention the awesome attempt at realistic gore, seriously, pigs guts like fly out of there body and its bad A**, that's if you can find a pig to kill, or anything for that matter, like where are the monsters or something not a pig or bunny???? 

Erm.  As a MO fan -  NO.

AoC by far has the best gfx.       MO currently has an insane terrain draw distance *a bit unneeded*,  perhaps the best sky/water/night I have seen in any MMO as far as gfx but many areas need a LOT of work to compare to the spit-shine AoC's gfx has.  

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Guild Wars.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Hands down AoC.  People saying Aion has better graphics need to get their eyes checked.  Unless you are really into cruddy view distances and low res textures.

After that i would put champions,  aion,  star trek and a few others in a toss up section depending on a persons taste.

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

lol @ Guild Wars

Maybe the upcomming Guild Wars, but the old ones no way the current version has the best graphics.

OzGames

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

AoC

funny how much vote aion got here, considering the horrible terrain textures they used.

I need more vespene gas.

• jdedeauxjdedeaux Member Posts: 88

Runescape , hands down.

• jdedeauxjdedeaux Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Juiceman

Mortal Online has the best mmo graphics I've seen so far, at least the environments.  If the shadows didn't glitch(maybe its my comp 7950gt not bad but not great) and everything worked properly(iike the gamma, gawd its dark) and was finished it would be beautiful.but it's largely incomplete and in a terrible Open beta right now. Im still compelled to try and play it though......                     
    Edit:
    OH yea, not to mention the awesome attempt at realistic gore, seriously, pigs guts like fly out of there body and its bad A**, that's if you can find a pig to kill, or anything for that matter, like where are the monsters or something not a pig or bunny???? 

its not your comp its the game itself that is glitching. everyones does it.

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

What is meant by "Best Graphics", the best photorealism, the prettiest pictures, best animations linked to actions, realistic avatars, immersive environments? A combination of all that i mentioned and more? Really, what are "Good Graphics", that some people put them above gameplay in their requirements to be interested in a new game?

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by astrob0y

vanguard. just becuse you actually can go to that pretty distance that you will never reach in games like aoc and lotro.
    eve is as well suh a wonderfull game to behold. from the login screen to your pod in the space :)

I agree, Vanguard also has the best armour and weapons looks.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Mystixal

lol @ Guild Wars
    Maybe the upcomming Guild Wars, but the old ones no way the current version has the best graphics.

While I agree that it doesn't have the best graphics I do think the game visuals have held up great. I think it has better graphics than a lot of games that have recently come out.

However, the answer to the topic is still Age of Conan.

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Entropia Universe has the best graphics of any MMO, bar none.

The game uses the Cry2 engine, and is demanding as all hell.  But gorgeous even on medium settings, and at max absolutely stunning.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• NickelGrindNickelGrind Member Posts: 20

check out entropia universe, beats any game mentioned by far

[Mod Edit]

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I would say AOC and EVE. Aion comes in 3rd only becaue of the semi cartoony graphics..gorgeous world though!

(BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH raises plunger in salute to the 3 games!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

lol @ Guild Wars

Don't hate. For being as old as it is, and the system reqs needed it has fantastic graphics.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

Age of Conan and LOTRO 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by NickelGrind

[Mod Edit]

It is good to look at but you literally need a 5 grand computer to run the game on max settings, very poorly optimized and in general very glitchy and buggy.

• DahlifyrDahlifyr Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Originally posted by NickelGrind

[Mod Edit]

It is good to look at but you literally need a 5 grand computer to run the game on max settings, very poorly optimized and in general very glitchy and buggy.

I can agree that the CE2 in Entropia isnt fully optimized for mmo-gaming...Yet.

But to say that one needs an 5 grand PC to play it at max settings is abit to much.

My PC have an i7-860 @stock, 4Gb memory, Geforce gtx260, Win Vista64. With this Setup i do play With every setting set to VeryHigh, and AA set to 8(Really no difference with 16Q), and with the Resolution 1920*1200. 30+ fps in most Cases, i DO have dips, and i will upgrade to an Better GPU....But it is still far away from 5 grands

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

AoC has the best graphics IMO, but it still runs like crap. Aion has beautiful characters and world details AND it runs smoother than most other games.

• xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Scot

AOC hands down, released 18 months ago, still no sign of anything on the horizon matching its graphics.

Best graphics hands down.   www.finalfantasyxiv.com   Click media and go to screenshots....

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by xS0u1zx

AOC hands down, released 18 months ago, still no sign of anything on the horizon matching its graphics.

Best graphics hands down.   www.finalfantasyxiv.com   Click media and go to screenshots....

If you haven't played it yet, you can't really make a good judgement on it.

Lets wait and see.

OzGames

Lets wait and see.

Screenshots don't lie my friend....  Don't need to play it to know the graphics of gameplay.    Plus there's trailers and shit.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Lets wait and see.

Screenshots don't lie my friend....  Don't need to play it to know the graphics of gameplay.    Plus there's trailers and shit.

So the game is out now and playable? The topic is current mmos, not future mmos.

Originally posted by arenasb

Lets wait and see.

So the game is out now and playable? The topic is current mmos, not future mmos.

Apparently you can't read.   Why don't you re-read the post I quoted....Thanks

• ironleviironlevi Member Posts: 122

The screens on the FFXIV website do look great. Although half of them are just captures from the cinematic. The gameplay ones look about on par with AoC in terms of pixel count.

Can't wait.

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

UO 2d client.