Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tis A Sad Day...

124»

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Kabaal

MMO gamers are overly critical and jaded now, yet they will only make up a relatively small percentage of TOR's fanbase when it's live. The developer and the IP have many more fans than there are MMO players.

Add into that the nature of these forums which has been held, even in the general MMO community, as being both hateful and negative about almost everything.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

I hope you arent talking about warcraft...

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    Originally posted by Bannne

This game comes out around the same time as swtor. If it does come out before SWTOR  bioWare can't claim to be the first fully voiced story driven mmorpg.
    We know more about this games feature than we do about swtor.
    If i was BioWare i would be more worried about this mmorpg than WOW.
    Some of the Features.
    Full story mode like swtor
    Fully voiced like swtor
    Vast persistent world with a full underwater world and content as well.
    Already has massive following with they're first game.
    Great graphic
    World PVP structure PVP and PVE
    Players are not bound to one server.
    Side kick system that allows high level players to play with low level players without no disadvantages or penalty's.
    Guns will be featured as new weapons; rifles and pistols have been specifically mentioned.
    Companions
    Players will be allowed to bring a single companion with them, who will not take up a party slot and are considered an extension of the character. When a player chooses not to bring a companion, their character will instead be buffed so that they will not be disadvantaged by not bringing a companion.
    Quests
    No quests markers above npc s head,instead an Event system will be used. In this system, events will happen with or without the presence of the player, and if a player happens to be present at the time of the event, then the player can complete the quest by participating in the event, and the outcome of the event may affect if, or what kind, of event may happen soon thereafter. Three examples were provided to illustrate how this system may work.
    The first example shows the arrival of a dragon near a particular town or village. The players nearby that town or village can choose to fight the dragon. If they are successful, the dragon may flee or die, and the players involved are rewarded by the village elder; if the players fail, the dragon destroys a bridge vital to the village. At that time, the village people attempt to build a new bridge, and the players may help them by fending off a group of bandits that see the opportunity to attack.
    In the second example, if a player happens to be inside a garrison when a scouting party returns, they may overhear the scouts warning of an approaching column of centaurs, intent on destroying the garrison. The players can then participate in defending the garrison from the attacking centaurs. If the players are successful, the garrison may ask them to participate in a counter-attack. If they are not successful, or if they weren't at the garrison in time to save the garrison, they may join other soldiers from a nearby town attempting to recapture the garrison.
    The third example involves a player walking along a familiar road, but this time they happen upon a caravan travelling along the road. They can choose to travel with the caravan, and defend it from roving bandits, or not.
    Underwater exploration
    In late 2009, it was officially announced that it will be possible to explore, fight, and breathe underwater in this mmorpg. Developers say that creating the underwater "continents" is one of the things that is delaying the game. The teaser trailer shows footage of an underwater area and creatures swimming in the waters. Developers have stated that the ability to breathe underwater will be granted via the use of an easily obtainable consumable item.
    There will be two types of PvP available, World PvP and Structured PvP.
    World PvP
    World PvP will allow you to play characters of any level, using the skills that you have in your possession at that particular time. It is intended to be a more relaxed bridging point between PvE and structured PvP. It will be on a larger scale than the original game ,PvP with large battles which take place over a long period with people coming and going.
    The battle has been likened to an RTS and will have a number of different objectives which can be met such as taking guard towers or defending choke points or joining a larger battle to take a castle. Battles will take place in the Mists.
    Victory in World PvP will confer benefits to your world. This may include improved drop rates, better energy regeneration or other bonuses.
    Structured PvP
    Structured PvP is similar to today's GvG. It will allow you to enter the game at maximum level with all skills, races, items and classes automatically unlocked.

PVE
    There will be changes to the instancing system used. Persistent areas, similar to those traditionally used in other online multiplayer games, will be introduced to which will allow players to meet and interact while exploring. Instances will still be used to further STORYTELLING within the game and for missions and dungeons.
    A day/night cycle, faster than real-time, is being added to the game and SOME EVENTS WILL OCCUR AND MONSTERS APPEAR DEPENDING ON THE IN-GAME TIME. There will be weather effects in-game. The interior of houses and buildings in the environment will be accessible to players.
    The crafting system in the game will be expanded and other non-combat ways of interacting with other players will be added to the game.

So you see that this game has features that match and out match swtor up to this point. Real game-play that effects the world and fully voiced, plus story mode that effects your character.
    Their is life outside of swtor and other dev teams are offering new next gen features as well.
    You guessed what game i am talking about yet..

Sounded like you named a bunch of different games to me.  I couldn't put my finger one that's being developed outside of MO, Earthrise (sounds too fantasy to be that), but then again there is Planeshift.  I personally don't care.  A lot of people are looking at Bioware's game because they've seen what Bioware can do and the fact it's a MMO based off their critically acclaimed TOR series most of us just want it to come out already even though we probably won't see it till the end of the year.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Looking forward to TOR. Really can't think of any mmo worth playing right now. Well at least one that will run on my pos comp. if my pc could handle it I would be playing FE.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

That game is called real-life, what level are you?

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Ravenmane

Originally posted by Mellow44

Originally posted by Alberel

Originally posted by zethcarn

P2P MMO's are the hardest type of game to make successfully.  It's one of the few genres that demand attention from your customers for several months or even years.  I hope Bioware can pull it off.

Why would you play it for several months?

Once you have done the story you're done with it and that will hardly last even one month of 24/7 gaming.

Only the casuals and the altaholics will play this game for more than a month.

Most MMOs don't even have any story and yet they seem to retain their hardcore players for more than a few months. O_o

Just because they haven't announced any features outside of the storyline content it doesn't mean there won't be any. They would be extremely naive to think that just that could sustain an MMO (or even be called an MMO) and given Bioware's record they are far from naive.

I will admit I'm concerned about how much open-world content there will be but I doubt Bioware are unaware of people's general skepticism at the moment. They know players want an open-world game.

That's because those games have 80 levels or more to quest and grind and then there's raiding which takes months upon months to do.

Will SW:TOR have that much content?

Nope.

Those games have also been around for years and most didn't start that way when they released.  How do you know what SW:TOR has?  Until open beta/release the developers aren't going to spill the beans on every bloody feature.  I think Bioware will release the game they intend to release, not a game bent on copying someone else.  And will I be happy?  Yes I will be happy.  Do I care if you're happy with it?  Not really, your opinion doesn't persuade mine.  I know Bioware's track record  and I do believe they are fully capable of putting out a top notch MMO.

BioWare is making KOTOR III and KOTOR III is what you're gonna get just in the name of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

It's easier to sound clever or funny than it is to sound intelligent.  More important, though... so few of us are actually INFORMED.

So many 'I have a friend who works at....' or ' I heard from a reliable source that said...'

Even with sites like MMORPG.COM, MMO-CHAMPION.COM, Allakhazam.COM, etc.,.. Information doesn't come to us fast enough.  Yet, the speed of bullshit is incredible.  The rate at which hate travels is even beyond that.

SW:TOR will be a good game.  If you 'need' to hate on it just to feel like you have a purpose in life... you live a sad life, pretty sad indeed.

To drop some hate myself:

There are fewer things in this world that I detest more than trade channel chat in WoW.  I love WoW.  I hate trade channel chat and the idiots that dwell there.  So, when we're talking about all of the features that new games need to have or that SW:TOR will have... how about a feature that it won't have?  How about preventing the sewer that  runs through most games (again, using WoW's trade channel chat)?  Would be amazing if they could make a game WITHOUT that 'feature'.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I would be just as happy if SW:TOR was an instanced game a la guild wars as a fully functional MMORPG. The ability to experience the richness of the KOTOR games with other people around the world, including interaction, trade, crafting, etc, is enough for me. Having it as a full MMORPG - persistent world and all - is just icing on the cake.

I HOPE this is a massively multiplayer single-player game. Give us an experience that isn't just passable for soloers, but something they will enjoy. For anyone who ever played the old Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale games over network connections, it was great to play through the storyline with a few buds. Those were single-player games with a multiplayer component. SWTOR could be construed as the same, except taken into the modern era where multiplayer isn't just 5 friends but 5,000.

• zantaxzantax Member Posts: 254

I want to say this I am not against Bioware as its own company, or against the idea for an MMO by them.  I am however against the clouded vision of people who think that Bioware is going to have full 100% creative control and release dates over any of there titles from now on, since they were purchased by EA.  The same was said when Mythic was making Warhammer, and because EA wanted money NOW they were forced into releasing early.  I know no one believes anyone who says they had a friend that worked for them, but I will say it again, a very good friend of mine worked at EA for about 6 years, and was moved from one project to another.  He spent about 6 months on WAR while they were waiting for his next project to begin and while working on WAR he got to see how Mythic was pushed around even though Mythic was told, "Oh don't worry about it, you have full control we don't want to take away from your creative vision."  Results are in and Mythic was reduced to practically nothing now probably because of the failure of WAR.  My buddy after working on the last NFS game was released with most of the Black box people....but this is not why I am here.

I really want to like games from Bioware but I honestly can't, I haven't found one I like so far.  I have tried, Balders Gate ( i did like it but just couldn't get into it), KOTOR (this was a yawn fest to me I couldn't stand it but I respect that others liked it), Mass Effect (This one I wanted to like, but just can't continue to play it, it gets SO boring).  Those were all made prior to EA purchase, I hold out hope for SWTOR BUT, to me the game doesn't seem like an MMORPG, the sense of community just doesn't seem like it will be there.  I don't know how to explain it more but I really do miss the old days of MMO's one big open world no zones, no instances.  No World chat only local chat, even before trade hubs and auction houses, if you run into a town and find a guy selling something for half the price they were selling it 2 towns earlier.  Where PVP was true open world and you were afraid to die in PVP or in PVE because of death penalties and lose of equipment.  Where the game was not about End game but about discovery. 

I know I am one person but this is what I am looking for in an MMORPG, and right now there is nothing out that isn't over 5 years old that gives me a feeling that I want to play it.  I admit that I did enjoy original WOW but the luster came off when they introduced the BG to be heavy, and the open world PVP fell away.  No I am not a PVP guy I just like the options out there.

My hones Opinion about SWTOR is that I hope it is a success, my gut tells me it will fail like WAR and the studio will get gutted, but that is only my Opinion.

Originally posted by Talin

I would be just as happy if SW:TOR was an instanced game a la guild wars as a fully functional MMORPG. The ability to experience the richness of the KOTOR games with other people around the world, including interaction, trade, crafting, etc, is enough for me. Having it as a full MMORPG - persistent world and all - is just icing on the cake.
    I HOPE this is a massively multiplayer single-player game. Give us an experience that isn't just passable for soloers, but something they will enjoy. For anyone who ever played the old Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale games over network connections, it was great to play through the storyline with a few buds. Those were single-player games with a multiplayer component. SWTOR could be construed as the same, except taken into the modern era where multiplayer isn't just 5 friends but 5,000.

It will not in any form be massively more like a multiplayer coop online game.

MCOG?

Doesn't sound as good as MMORPG to me.

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244

This game comes out around the same time as swtor. If it does come out before SWTOR  bioWare can't claim to be the first fully voiced story driven mmorpg.
    Some of the Features.
    Fully voiced like swtor
    Great graphic
    Side kick system that allows high level players to play with low level players without no disadvantages or penalty's.
    Guns will be featured as new weapons; rifles and pistols have been specifically mentioned.
    Companions
    Players will be allowed to bring a single companion with them, who will not take up a party slot and are considered an extension of the character. When a player chooses not to bring a companion, their character will instead be buffed so that they will not be disadvantaged by not bringing a companion.
    Quests
    No quests markers above npc s head,instead an Event system will be used. In this system, events will happen with or without the presence of the player, and if a player happens to be present at the time of the event, then the player can complete the quest by participating in the event, and the outcome of the event may affect if, or what kind, of event may happen soon thereafter. Three examples were provided to illustrate how this system may work.
    The first example shows the arrival of a dragon near a particular town or village. The players nearby that town or village can choose to fight the dragon. If they are successful, the dragon may flee or die, and the players involved are rewarded by the village elder; if the players fail, the dragon destroys a bridge vital to the village. At that time, the village people attempt to build a new bridge, and the players may help them by fending off a group of bandits that see the opportunity to attack.
    In the second example, if a player happens to be inside a garrison when a scouting party returns, they may overhear the scouts warning of an approaching column of centaurs, intent on destroying the garrison. The players can then participate in defending the garrison from the attacking centaurs. If the players are successful, the garrison may ask them to participate in a counter-attack. If they are not successful, or if they weren't at the garrison in time to save the garrison, they may join other soldiers from a nearby town attempting to recapture the garrison.
    The third example involves a player walking along a familiar road, but this time they happen upon a caravan travelling along the road. They can choose to travel with the caravan, and defend it from roving bandits, or not.
    Underwater exploration
    In late 2009, it was officially announced that it will be possible to explore, fight, and breathe underwater in this mmorpg. Developers say that creating the underwater "continents" is one of the things that is delaying the game. The teaser trailer shows footage of an underwater area and creatures swimming in the waters. Developers have stated that the ability to breathe underwater will be granted via the use of an easily obtainable consumable item.
    World PvP
    World PvP will allow you to play characters of any level, using the skills that you have in your possession at that particular time. It is intended to be a more relaxed bridging point between PvE and structured PvP. It will be on a larger scale than the original game ,PvP with large battles which take place over a long period with people coming and going.
    The battle has been likened to an RTS and will have a number of different objectives which can be met such as taking guard towers or defending choke points or joining a larger battle to take a castle. Battles will take place in the Mists.
    Victory in World PvP will confer benefits to your world. This may include improved drop rates, better energy regeneration or other bonuses.
    Structured PvP
    Structured PvP is similar to today's GvG. It will allow you to enter the game at maximum level with all skills, races, items and classes automatically unlocked.

PVE
    There will be changes to the instancing system used. Persistent areas, similar to those traditionally used in other online multiplayer games, will be introduced to which will allow players to meet and interact while exploring. Instances will still be used to further STORYTELLING within the game and for missions and dungeons.
    A day/night cycle, faster than real-time, is being added to the game and SOME EVENTS WILL OCCUR AND MONSTERS APPEAR DEPENDING ON THE IN-GAME TIME. There will be weather effects in-game. The interior of houses and buildings in the environment will be accessible to players.
    The crafting system in the game will be expanded and other non-combat ways of interacting with other players will be added to the game.

So you see that this game has features that match and out match swtor up to this point. Real game-play that effects the world and fully voiced, plus story mode that effects your character.
    Their is life outside of swtor and other dev teams are offering new next gen features as well.

Sounded like you named a bunch of different games to me.  I couldn't put my finger one that's being developed outside of MO, Earthrise (sounds too fantasy to be that), but then again there is Planeshift.  I personally don't care.  A lot of people are looking at Bioware's game because they've seen what Bioware can do and the fact it's a MMO based off their critically acclaimed TOR series most of us just want it to come out already even though we probably won't see it till the end of the year.

Here you go,it's all one game.. The reason it's off the radar is because people still don't understand that it's a full blown mmorpg this time. It's as far away from the first one as i am from biowares head office.

Here you go..

www.guildwars2.com/en/

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

Oh, and did i mention their is no monthly sub...

Some of the Features.
    Fully voiced like swtor
    Great graphic
    Companions
    Quests
    Underwater exploration
    World PvP
    Structured PvP

PVE

Here you go,it's all one game.. The reason it's off the radar is because people still don't understand that it's a full blown mmorpg this time. It's as far away from the first one as i am from biowares head office.

Here you go..

www.guildwars2.com/en/

Keep that shit on the GuildWars forum.

This is all about Star Wars, George Skywalker and BioWare.

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244

Some of the Features.
    Fully voiced like swtor
    Great graphic
    Companions
    Quests
    Underwater exploration
    World PvP
    Structured PvP

PVE

Here you go..

www.guildwars2.com/en/

I don't have to keep any shit on other forums,you can tell that to Luke Skywalker as well.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

When one of the most beloved developers in the market get slammed because they want to create a MMO.  I have heard nothing but positive and great things about Bioware and why not, look at their track record.  They have some of the best rated games (and imo I played them all and think they are all great) and countless awards and fans world-wide. 

But the moment they go into making a MMO that's when you start to see the hate.  Mostly here.  I guess it's the nature of the mmorpg forums.  It doesn't matter who makes a game, people will feel the need to bash it here regardless.  The gods could make a game and people will still bash it.  So far I noticed two people who hate the game.  One thinks that the IP will sell it alone versus IP+Bioware track Record+Bioware fans+KOTOR selling it.  The other guy feels that Bioware is a lazy incompetent developer who sucks at making games, because, well, I guess lazy companies make AAA titles back to back and are world renown for doing so.  If a developer was lazy then the games would reflect it and frankly I can make a 12 page post about how Bioware is far from lazy and is one of the best developers world-wide and based on fact and not biased opinion.

It really takes away the credit of the information on these forums when crap like this happens.  I never heard one bad thing about Bioware or their games...until SWTOR started development and the release window is this year.  I guess the closer to release we get the more the fanboys from other games will start flooding the pub or the SWTOR boards spreading hate and flame for whatever reason.  I guess they feel that if they do then their few words will convince people to not play.

Sorry but many feel that SWTOR will be the game that the MMO market needs, and it shows the most promise in putting the nail in WoW's coffin and taking the place as king of MMO's.  But to be honest I wouldn't want that because then all the WoW kids will jump on the bandwagon and ruin SWTOR for the rest of us.  I'm sticking by Bioware's track record and their history proves that SWTOR will probably be one of the best MMO's out there.  Can't say definately until I either get a beta invite or release.  But until then the haters really need to stop because there are far far more people who want to play SWTOR and think Bioware is a great developer than the handful of you on these forums.

BioWare are well known for their RPG's , but when it comes to MMO's they have no experience at all, but then again BioWare are EA now and EA have done some MMO's, but then again , ill be awaiting SWTOR anxiously like everyone else since im a pre-cu SWG player my self.

I have nothing for love for BioWare though since i've played their games since SWKOTOR and up through the Mass Effect games.

Some of the Features.
    Fully voiced like swtor
    Great graphic
    Companions
    Quests
    Underwater exploration
    World PvP
    Structured PvP

PVE

Here you go..

www.guildwars2.com/en/

I don't have to keep any shit on other forums,you can tell that to Luke Skywalker as well.

It's George Skywalker.

And keep your GuildWars shit on the proper forum.

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246

Some of the Features.
    Fully voiced like swtor
    Great graphic
    Companions
    Quests
    Underwater exploration
    World PvP
    Structured PvP

PVE

Here you go..

www.guildwars2.com/en/

It's George Skywalker.

And keep your GuildWars shit on the proper forum.

Seriously I doubt Guild Wars 2 will be all that.  About as much hype flowed for GW and honestly I can't stand to play that game.  GW2 isn't going to be the salvation some people were searching for.  Why?  Because whose running it?  NCSoft who suck when it comes to managing MMO's.  GW was entertaining for about 15 hours per expansion or add-on.  But then it died down when nothing really new seeemed to come forth.

Honestly,  it sounds like all you're trying to do is just troll the forums of a game you honestly know knothing about in terms of developer or game-wise, you just want to spread hate and promote another game on forums that have nothing to do with said game or want anything to do with said game.   Go back to the GW2 forums and spread your hate there.  Other-wise you will probably see a bunch of GW2 sucks SWTOR ftw threads start popping up on those forums as retaliation.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • EATtheDEADEATtheDEAD Member Posts: 207

Sorry but many feel that SWTOR will be the game that the MMO market needs, and it shows the most promise in putting the nail in WoW's coffin and taking the place as king of MMO's.  But to be honest I wouldn't want that because then all the WoW kids will jump on the bandwagon and ruin SWTOR for the rest of us.

what the hell is with you people and stating that so and so game is going to kill WoW?

I hate WoW with a passion, but regardless of that its retarded to make statements like that.

Instead of hoping that this game smashes WoW, just hope this game keeps a healthy playerbase at all.

Personally I could care less if WoW retains its 111111111111111 trilion playerbase or not.

As long as the game I'm playing has a good population thats all that matters. That and the game isnt a broken bug ridden POS.

--------------------------------------
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The force shall free me.
    -the Sith code

• ryan1285ryan1285 Member Posts: 20

Some people play games to have fun and some people play games to have something to do and be addicted to, something they can treat as a job or as their only form of social interaction. If you are the former I'm sure you will enjoy this game as much as any other bioware game, if you are the latter LOL..

• Jtrav1987Jtrav1987 Member Posts: 79

I think it can all be attributed to disgruntled SWG vets who are absolutely terrified that this game will turn out just as bad as their precious Galaxies did.

Get over yourselves peeeeeease.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Granted that this game could indeed fail miserably. In fact, one should expect it to fail taking to account the lack of successful MMO launches over the last five years. 

It will all come down to what you are happy with. Personally, I will be happy if it is just KOTOR 3 with co-op and does not hold my interest for more than few months. I will still be happy to take a stroll in that game world for a time with my friends. I am not looking for another end-game focused gear grind. As long as Bioware's stories are amusing and immersive, I will be happy at that.

Those who expect it to be the next big thing after WoW will probably be disappointed. I doubt many games have a chance to mature slowly like WoW did. More games come to market in a higher frequency, so the kind of slow and steady pace that allowed WoW to reach it's maturity is hard obtain. Customers rather jump on the next title, if your current offering does not match their expectations out of the box. Blizzard's next MMO will be measured like this as well.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• KlastionKlastion Member Posts: 7

the issue is , and has been for several years, in this forum, a coming of age. Like many that post here, I was there, in "the golden age", with UO, EQ, AC, even SWG.

But unlike the vocal disgrunted majority that posts often, I accepted reality, like it is. I still have the same tastes as them, and if I had the power to change, it - and by it I mean the majority of the mmorpg's- would be sandbox based, classless and all that jazz.

But maybe because I am formed in History, or maybe because everyday I dwelve in politics, and defend many times ideas and positions that do not like, but are the right ones, taken in a global perspective, I learned to accept the ultimate truth. I am irrelevant and what i defend is irrelevant when confronted with the what the mass wants, wishes or likes.

The ultimate truth is that We served our purpose. We helped the genre grow and gain sustentability. And once matured enough, it left the parenthal house.

I see posters here stating what is, or not, a MMO. It is , like the name suggests, a massive multiplayer online game. There is not a written codex stating that the massive number of players needs to play together. The massive multiplayer game of this time and age shows extremely well, that the so called "fourth pillar" , community, always was overated.

Once Morhaime, and company, saw that what was stopping this kind of games to hit a never before considered universe of players was a very doubtful and subjective social construction often named comunity, identified what the potential market valued, one single game was able to have more paying players than all other MMO's combined had.

There were other assets of course, a standard of quality not yet seen, an investment in structures never until seen, like a customer support network able to provide actual support to the customers, most of them of sub forrest gump IQ values, that are capable of downing a boss but not actually loot it, or delete the item they raid for weeks minutes after getting it when they press disenchant instead of enchant, or delete all their characters and equipment five times a week.

Or even to not grasp that due to the magnitude of money circulating inside and outside the game, there is now a considerable number of professional hackers that live of hacking accounts, or new age crime lords that washes their dirty money buying and selling gold, and so are hacked every month...

it is time to accept that the "console mentality generation" does not want to lose time with comunity, exploration and crafting. Those are alien concepts.  They do not care about sandboxes, skill systems, lore, story arcs, effort, social play, guilds and all other things that still populate the mind of many here. It is almost all about instant gratification, not about the fun of playing.

Time to take the rose tainted specs, and look at your kids, or the friends of your kids, or the role models of today, and what ideas and concepts they veiculate, or the large mass of potential players crawling of every modem , ip or router, and understand that this is not your genre anymore.

And that in 5 or 10 years you will be joined by the army of wow expatriates claiming that their "wow" times were the times , when players actually had to play to get items, and not "now" that any one can use the credit card and, via micro transactions, all epics are delivered to the mail box.

it is time to understand that the non stopping demographics are against you. Time to understand that you do not have the time anymore to play , and to consume all the now new game related subproducts, like portable armories, RSS feeds, t-shihrts, special coca cola bottles, social sites, strategies sites, data bases, trading card games, electronic pets, electronics sports leagues and whatever more....

to , in short, make the game the axis of your lifes. And to abandon the questionable position that we are the ones that count, since we have the purchase power. Mere vain ilusion. Our fathers, and their fathers, and father's of those, had the same idea and conviction, but the world did not stop. Never does. The world never changes.

A decent MMO, one that sports all the necessary subsystems,  now costs much more than what it did before. Whoever advances the $ needs to be sure that the product targets the most profitable imediate market. Even the mighty blizzard had to bend to the player base and light the game to a point where even the designers and developers are doing things they do not wish, to cather a player base that shift interests, goals and ambitions, and the manager area refray from making an authenticator mandatory since statistics point that 30% of the players would lose it in the first 2 weeks.

Bioware will do as best as they can , but they are not targeting YOU as the preferencial customer. No one is. They are targetting the players that do not even posts on forums, or care about discussions of what is a MMORPG, that loathe at the idea of pen and paper RP or does not even see the point of using the brain to play. 

• ElasserElasser Member Posts: 16

Sadly the MMO industry right now is like the console industry of the late 70s early 80s. 

At the time Atari was releasing so many crappy games it caused the gaming crash of the early 80s. 

Once Nintendo and other gaming corps. came out people were jaded, and it took alot of smart people and good release's for people to have faith in gaming again.

This is where TOR stands, where Nintendo stood all those years ago, TOR like so many other MMO's has the setback of being released on the back of a lot of crappy, sloppy, and quickly put together ATM/debt machine's people try to pass off as a MMO.

Like then, gaming could go 1 of 2 ways. Either something will come along to save the MMO or so much filth will be released it will destroy it.

Lets hope TOR or something fantastic comes along and does the first!