Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMORPG has the best graphics?

Comments

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Waldoe

AoC
    Aion
    EVE
    Lotro
    If you have a decent computer there is no way that you can say warcraft or lotro look better then AoC. They are not even in the same ball park. Just because you like a game a lot does not mean it has the best or even good graphics at all. This is also coming from someone who has put hours and hours into warcraft and lotro.

I have to disagree with you on LOTRO vs. AOC. Apples to apples LOTRO is still better. Although AOC does have excellent terain graphics,  the better overall package is LOTRO

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by Waldoe

AoC
    Aion
    EVE
    Lotro
    If you have a decent computer there is no way that you can say warcraft or lotro look better then AoC. They are not even in the same ball park. Just because you like a game a lot does not mean it has the best or even good graphics at all. This is also coming from someone who has put hours and hours into warcraft and lotro.

i don't even play WoW it's just my opinion and to me AoC looks kinda cruddy.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

vanguard. just becuse you actually can go to that pretty distance that you will never reach in games like aoc and lotro.

eve is as well suh a wonderfull game to behold. from the login screen to your pod in the space :)

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Eve online has some of the best space graphics currently available.  LOTRO also has great graphics.  As far as eye candy goes, Cabal online and 2 Moons are good.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • happytklzhappytklz Member Posts: 128

Which current band has the best music?  Which current painter has the best paintings? Which current novelist writes the best novels?

I don't like the "most realistic" graphics when animated (though the stills look great), because they tend to look stiff and somehow call attention to the small discrepancies.

On the other hand I don't like the cheesiest sunday cartoon graphics either. The middle seems about right for the state of tech right now.  I think what the middle is will trend more realistic as motion and expression are able to catch up to modeling and textures. 

• IMO Aion or EVE, but Lineage 2 is still pretty good for its age.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

As i find Asian grpahics not to my liking i go with

1)Age of conan if you can push your pc to full setting you will see how amazing it looks

2)LOTRO.to bad the character models are terrible

3)EQ2 .despite been 5 years old still fights in top 3 for me .

• karantanijakarantanija Member Posts: 57

incarna is coming out at the end of this year and it promises some interesting new technologies for graphics not yet seen in other games.

if they really do pull it of remains to be seen ;)

wow has nice graphics cause its stylized, but stylizing does not require low polygon count. not to mention their graphics engine cant really utilise graphics cards which means you get low fps if there are to many people in a big city...

they should release a new graphics engine, with better graphics and still be stylized.
    I mean its just sad to see your chest piece armor be just another skin of your body. might work for cloth, looks dumb for plate. but it is what blizzards artists had to do, because of their limitations. which are gone now, so the game could look a lot better, and still have the wow feel to it.
    also no casting animations with your weapons...
    it was cool to see mages spin their staves in lineage II, kinda missed it in wow...

aion and aoc also very cool.
    and of course eve :)

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I'd say Aion folled by Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, WoW, Warhammer, EQ2, and LoTRO.

• ironleviironlevi Member Posts: 122

Landscape realism (foliage, grass, water, sky):  LotRO in DX10 nothing else is even close.

Structures and pixel count (buildings, wall surfaces, ground surface): AoC in DX10

Character models : Aion

Waiting for a game that can do all 3. The screens of FFXIV look damn close to what I'm looking for.

• IceiceIceice Member Posts: 54

Alot of people will say Age of Conan. Do not be fooled by this or sway your reasoning to every try this game ever. Good graphics / worst game ive ever had the displeasure of buying. It fails on every level except graphically.

Pimpwars/Cripplesmash/Legend of the Red Dragon/TradeWars 2002/TrollMud/Usurper

Present: Wurm , Fallen Earth

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by sanitysend

runescape :p

FTW.

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

AoC and LOTRO are still the best here.

LOTROs weak point is the ugly characters and animations but the world is really good.

AoC looks great if you have a computer that can run it fully but the game still lacks a lot of content and at least needs the upcoming expansion to be the game it should be,

Aion do have nice art but the graphics doesn't really beat these 2 games.

Eve looks good but space is kinda simple to make so I don't count it here.

We just have to wait another year for a better looking game, Guildwars 2 and TOR seems to look awesome and FFXIV will probably too.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Iceice

Alot of people will say Age of Conan. Do not be fooled by this or sway your reasoning to every try this game ever. Good graphics / worst game ive ever had the displeasure of buying. It fails on every level except graphically.

Make that failed ..... (After having the worst release of any MMO ever, its has become the most immersive game i played till date, great combat system, lovely quests texts and backgroundstorys)

Tough i really think AoC has become a great game since release, i do not totally agree on the graphics....  Some zones (espescially the rocky ones) are not that great and look unrealistic. Spell effects are not on the same level of  the rest of the game, some area';s tough like tortage and Old taranta are totally sweet and they have great annimations

I like the scenery of Vanguard a lot, the farsights are just awesome, Lotro comes close too.  I am still wayting on the first game with great spell effects, that look awesome cool and realistic but don't blur my vision of the fight.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

AoC hands down

Lotro's problem is their char models are horrid and dont belong with their environment graphics. If they were as good as the environment i'd say Lotro, but they are not so AoC by a char model

P.s who ever said Pong, EPIC

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Age of Conan

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Age of Conan has the best, just beating out Lotro.  If Lotro had better character animations, they would take the top spot.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by arenasb

I don't get the Aion references. Other than the character models, which are nice, I find the the graphics in the game lackluster.

My thoughts exactly.

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Yeah, kinda agree, i never really got into the game, it kind of lacked the "woah" factor for me sad to see such good graphics for a not that well made game.

Sorry Funcom representives, just my opinion at the moment :/

OzGames

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Draemos

Originally posted by Thillian

Originally posted by Draemos

LoTRO environmentals
    Aion character & armor/weapon models
    AoC the best overall.  Eve is pretty sharp too.

So you claim, Lotro beats this environment?

Yes.

And I agree.

I do think Vanguard has some lovely landscapes, sadly, the ones you show here only really show that the water looks good. Well, LotRO has great looking water AND the ground and trees look better than what you're showing there.

However....I will say that when you are actually IN GAME....both Vanguard and LotRO look quite beautiful, but I still have to give the nod to LotRO for all around environmental graphics. There were times like standing on a very ornate bridge that has a huge tree next to it....and the sun was shining through all the individual swaying leaves of the tree, and the shadows were dancing across that beautiful ornate elven bridge....that I had to just STAND THERE in AWE. Gorgeous game. And I have not seen even ONE SINGLE screenshot from LotRO that did it justice AT ALL for what it actually looks like IN GAME.

People that don't think these games both look gorgeous.....really cannot be running these games maxed on good machines.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

I somewhat believed that Soul of the Ultimate Nation had a better landscape then LotRO, who agrees?

OzGames

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702
    Originally posted by Xondar123

Originally posted by uquipu

The better the graphics, the worse the lag, imo
    And I hate lag.

That isn't lag you're experiencing then, that's a computer unable to keep up with graphical requirements.

+9000! 

Thank you for saying that. I cant say how much I dislike when someone complains about "lag" when they are trying to run the game at a to high setting as their bought pc can handle. 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Vanguard on Max settings, LotRO, Aion

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Mystixal

I somewhat believed that Soul of the Ultimate Nation had a better landscape then LotRO, who agrees?

Definitely not.

• JuicemanJuiceman Member Posts: 167

Mortal Online has the best mmo graphics I've seen so far, at least the environments.  If the shadows didn't glitch(maybe its my comp 7950gt not bad but not great) and everything worked properly(iike the gamma, gawd its dark) and was finished it would be beautiful.but it's largely incomplete and in a terrible Open beta right now. Im still compelled to try and play it though......                     

Edit:

OH yea, not to mention the awesome attempt at realistic gore, seriously, pigs guts like fly out of there body and its bad A**, that's if you can find a pig to kill, or anything for that matter, like where are the monsters or something not a pig or bunny????