Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alive and kickin at (ding!) 25.

ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Well, I made it to level 25, without breaking a sweat for the most part. Since level 20 I have done nothing but dedicate my time to finishing my armor quests, and within hours of gaining level 25, I finished AC 6. I am loving it, I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say they game ends at 20, christ, I spent 5 levels getting my armor and I BELEIVE I actually did mine quick, most take or wait longer to get their full set. Let alone I started my Zek Access quest yesterday which opens up a whole new level of entertainment to go along with a page of Thundering Steppes quests. So for all those that said the game ends at 20, where did ya go? I am having MORE fun now then I have ever had in the game and have way more to do now then ever before! (waits to hear the "well you are only level 25... lines coming)

Anyways, a few questions for the pro's if I may.

1.) Horses, are there different speeds or are they different "models" just graphically different, IE: color?
2.) I seem to be doing as much damage with my bare hands as I do with weapons, am I missing anything or are bare hands a very good alternative for a monk in EQ II? Is there anywhere yet that finely details a monk on the web that isn't a spoiler site?
3.) Is the Zek boatride an every 8 hour jobby or is it a full zone for exploration, I only started learning about its exhistance this weekend.

Oh, and for all of you that are whining about the pizza hut deal with EQ II, you type /pizza, it windows EQ II and opens your web browser to Pizza Hut's site, oh my how horrific they have completely sold out now. You can't even FIND it in the game unless you type the command, and even then it doesn't show anything about it IN the game, it only opens your browser.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Comments

• kmimmorpgkmimmorpg Member Posts: 624

Originally posted by Fadeus

Well, I made it to level 25, without breaking a sweat for the most part. Since level 20 I have done nothing but dedicate my time to finishing my armor quests, and within hours of gaining level 25, I finished AC 6. I am loving it, I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say they game ends at 20, ... So for all those that said the game ends at 20, where did ya go? I am having MORE fun now then I have ever had in the game and have way more to do now then ever before!

I had trouble soloing as I got near 20. So the game, for me, ended there.
  • kylethemankyletheman Member Posts: 2

check out www.eq2.ogaming.com they have pretty much everythin bout eq2 n i also think i saw sumthin bout horses too.

im 23 n have np soloeing. but the strength with eq2 is the grouping system so y solo...

Originally posted by kyletheman

im 23 n have np soloeing. but the strength with eq2 is the grouping system so y solo...

This was before they added new content. Also my class - cleric may have not been solo-friendly.

But I wanted to complete some quests when my guild wasn't available that's why I would go solo. I'm not debating what can or can't be done. Just giving my experience.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by kmimmorpg
    Well, I made it to level 25, without breaking a sweat for the most part. Since level 20 I have done nothing but dedicate my time to finishing my armor quests, and within hours of gaining level 25, I finished AC 6. I am loving it, I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say they game ends at 20, ... So for all those that said the game ends at 20, where did ya go? I am having MORE fun now then I have ever had in the game and have way more to do now then ever before! I had trouble soloing as I got near 20. So the game, for me, ended there.

That wasn't really what I was addressing with that though. MANY people have said the content ends and the game goes flat post level 20, not due to solo, just content wise. That was what I was addressing. As for solo, I am honeslty rather discusted with how the game has changed to accomodate people that can't handle grouping, they have made it where an entire encounter doesn't need to be defeated before getting credit for quests and such, there are undoing all the good new idea's they did with EQ II for the solo people now.

As for solo'ing post 20 now, there are instanced zones dedicated to solo play.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by kyletheman
    check out www.eq2.ogaming.com they have pretty much everythin bout eq2 n i also think i saw sumthin bout horses too.

I am not using spoiler sites for EQ 2, I decided that when I bought it, I used spoiler sites for years for EQ 1 and it ended up changing my outlook on the game to bulleted lists instead of questing. I may try it just for horse info however, thank you.

- Scaris

Originally posted by kmimmorpg

Well, I made it to level 25, without breaking a sweat for the most part. Since level 20 I have done nothing but dedicate my time to finishing my armor quests, and within hours of gaining level 25, I finished AC 6. I am loving it, I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say they game ends at 20, ... So for all those that said the game ends at 20, where did ya go? I am having MORE fun now then I have ever had in the game and have way more to do now then ever before!
    I had trouble soloing as I got near 20. So the game, for me, ended there.

That wasn't really what I was addressing with that though. MANY people have said the content ends and the game goes flat post level 20, not due to solo, just content wise. That was what I was addressing.

Oh I apologize, please disregard my remarks. image

Don't worry about it kmi, I enjoy reading your posts and input regardless of what they say.

- Scaris

Don't worry about it kmi, I enjoy reading your posts and input regardless of what they say.

Now if I could just convince myself to buy a new smokin' rig - maybe I could try EQ2 again in the future...

around $1,200 will get you all you need. I will send you some links if your interested, you can buy it yourself and its backed by a warranty.

- Scaris

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Like all mmorpgs, you get more out of them by putting more in. I'm nearly lvl 30 and Ive found some very rewarding content and cannot wait to get to Zek, Enchanted Lands, Lavastorm, Everfrost etc. Yes it is a challenge, read challenge not grind, but EQ2 rewards you for that with some pretty cool abilities and top locations.

I am dieing to see everfrost, I can't wait til I have access there. And yes, they have come up with some excellent rewards in EQ II, and the armor quests alone are great, I had a ton of fun doing them. Bad groups can get you down abit, but then you get into a good one and remember what its all about.

- Scaris

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

Always be suspicious of a 'group' around the same level and with similar names they tend to be dual bozers. I don't care how good anyone is at dual boxing they tend not to work well when you group with them, probably something to do with lag. But yeah I got into a good giant killing group, well balanced one, me a troubador, warlock, necro, monk, templar, predator. We were taking down tough giants in seconds. Im not kidding because everyone knew how to pull off HO's they make a HUGE difference.::::02::

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say they game ends at 20, christ, I spent 5 levels getting my armor and I BELEIVE I actually did mine quick, most take or wait longer to get their full set. Let alone I started my Zek Access quest yesterday which opens up a whole new level of entertainment to go along with a page of Thundering Steppes quests. So for all those that said the game ends at 20, where did ya go? I am having MORE fun now then I have ever had in the game and have way more to do now then ever before! (waits to hear the "well you are only level 25... lines coming)

Yup, my feelings exactly.  A bunch of us were talking last nite, and everyone agreed that the game *really* kicks into gear after 20.

Don't know anything about horsies and monks.  Haven't gotten to the Zek thing yet ... close friend recently started so I made another little guy (a bard, and I am loving him) to play with her while she catches up and my main has been parked . 

Want me to go look this stuff up on a spoiler site and tell you? image

Grats on 25 image

lolol, naw, thats ok, I can peek in for horse info myself, I just have to stay away from the loot tables and the quest section.

- Scaris

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Hey guys,

So what are Heroic Opportunities all about anyways? I hear them brought up every once in a while in talks about the game, but I don't really know how they work.

Is it some kind of combo system, per se? And if so, are they particularly hard to synchronize when in a group of say, 6?

Thanks =)

They are a player triggered events that each party member can add to to strengthen. Its a chain of attacks thats an end result that is very powerful and sometimes bonus effects to the mob.

- Scaris

Originally posted by darquenblade

Hey guys,
    So what are Heroic Opportunities all about anyways? I hear them brought up every once in a while in talks about the game, but I don't really know how they work.
    Is it some kind of combo system, per se? And if so, are they particularly hard to synchronize when in a group of say, 6?
    Thanks =)

IMO it is tough to sync HOs in a full group.  And honestly, even though there is a big payoff at the end, I am still not convinced that it's worth the damage lost from the number of spells or abilities people have to skip in order to avoid breaking the HO.  Or maybe I am just missing some point ... wouldn't be the first time =)  And you do need people who are either very good at it or used to working together.

OTOH, in soloing, HOs are devastating.  E.g., with my Templar I trigger an HO and then cast appropriate two damage spells.  The second one will land for roughly twice it's normal damage.  In a routine fight against, say, a yellow, I can generally land 4-5 HOs, so you can see how much damage is added.  With this added advantage, I can generally do oranges, and I doubt I could do them without it.

Oh my little bard, the HO I use currently calls for either a stun or what amounts to a debuff as the first stage, and then one of several special attacks as the conclusion.  The effect is similar - the special attack then lands for greatly increased damage.  Well worthwhile.

Also, with groups of two people, it's quite easy to use HOs to full advantage, since coordination is simple. 

its just the opposite for me, when I am solo'ing, HO's do less or equal to damage as most of my special attacks as a monk. And I only get 1 of 2 HO's when I am solo as well, as compared to having a bunch with a very diverse group.

- Scaris

That doesn't surprise me really.  Not saying that it should be that way, but one of my close buddies plays a monk and he tells me it just doesn't work well for him to solo.  But then, monks ain't supposed to solo are tney ... they're supposed to pull and die image

hey! I resemble that remark ::::15::

- Scaris

• ElekElek Member Posts: 1

Well lets see...... Zek......

Zek is a very ugly place!! Full of nasty orcs!! It is an entire zone!! Have fun!!

If you get a decent Zek Access group going then I strongly recomend doing the Enchanted Lands Access Quest at the same time. The NPC to start the quest is located at the end of the dock in Nek Forrest. Her name is Daisy.

Either way, the game does not end at 20. I am currently almost level 31. The best is yet to come for you!!

BTW Congrats on reaching 25!!

Be safe!!

Arto Tornashunder

Necromancer Class Leader

Silent Outlanders Summoner of Dead Things

Grobb Server

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680

Well, I made it to level 25, without breaking a sweat for the most part. Since level 20 I have done nothing but dedicate my time to finishing my armor quests, and within hours of gaining level 25, I finished AC 6. I am loving it, I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say they game ends at 20, christ, I spent 5 levels getting my armor and I BELEIVE I actually did mine quick, most take or wait longer to get their full set. Let alone I started my Zek Access quest yesterday which opens up a whole new level of entertainment to go along with a page of Thundering Steppes quests. So for all those that said the game ends at 20, where did ya go? I am having MORE fun now then I have ever had in the game and have way more to do now then ever before! (waits to hear the "well you are only level 25... lines coming)
    1.) Horses, are there different speeds or are they different "models" just graphically different, IE: color?
    2.) I seem to be doing as much damage with my bare hands as I do with weapons, am I missing anything or are bare hands a very good alternative for a monk in EQ II? Is there anywhere yet that finely details a monk on the web that isn't a spoiler site?
    3.) Is the Zek boatride an every 8 hour jobby or is it a full zone for exploration, I only started learning about its exhistance this weekend.
    Oh, and for all of you that are whining about the pizza hut deal with EQ II, you type /pizza, it windows EQ II and opens your web browser to Pizza Hut's site, oh my how horrific they have completely sold out now. You can't even FIND it in the game unless you type the command, and even then it doesn't show anything about it IN the game, it only opens your browser.

1.  There are 5 tiers of horses now in-game, they go as follows

1. The pally/SK summoned horse
    2. the tier 1 bought horse, costs 2.5pp without guild discount
    3. the tier 2 bought horse, costs about 3.6pp without guild discount
    4. the tier 3 bought horse, costs about 10pp wihout guild discount
    5. Status mounts, the maj'dul (magic carpet), and the spirit steed, got to have a level 30 guild, costs 50pp and alot of personal status points

2.  Not sure about this one, i play a mystic, sorry imageimageimage

3.  The Zek boatride is just a little instance (not hard compared to EL instance), which you do once, and if successful you can use the mariner's bell to travel between TS and Zek as you wish.  If you fail, you have to wait 8 hours before you can reenter the instance.  Zek access is pretty long and an be hard at points up until boatride, but boatride is simple.  Its the complete oposite for EL access.  EL is really easy to get up to boatride, but unless you get an enchanter class, the boss is a beast  (for EL boatride): Lord Zarvon, level 29, 2 arrows up, with 4 skeleies, level 29 each, no arrows.

It took me 5 trys to beat EL boatride, with only 1 try on Zek.

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680
    edit: double post
  • KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

SOE nerfed the horses' speed, dunno the exact figures but they are much much slower then they used to be.

Originally posted by Bobjones1303
    1.) Horses, are there different speeds or are they different "models" just graphically different, IE: color?2.) I seem to be doing as much damage with my bare hands as I do with weapons, am I missing anything or are bare hands a very good alternative for a monk in EQ II? Is there anywhere yet that finely details a monk on the web that isn't a spoiler site?3.) Is the Zek boatride an every 8 hour jobby or is it a full zone for exploration, I only started learning about its exhistance this weekend.
    1.  There are 5 tiers of horses now in-game, they go as follows[*]The pally/SK summoned horse[*]the tier 1 bought horse, costs 2.5pp without guild discount[*]the tier 2 bought horse, costs about 3.6pp without guild discount[*]the tier 3 bought horse, costs about 10pp wihout guild discount[*]Status mounts, the maj'dul (magic carpet), and the spirit steed, got to have a level 30 guild, costs 50pp and alot of personal status points2.  Not sure about this one, i play a mystic, sorry imageimageimage
    3.  The Zek boatride is just a little instance (not hard compared to EL instance), which you do once, and if successful you can use the mariner's bell to travel between TS and Zek as you wish.  If you fail, you have to wait 8 hours before you can reenter the instance.  Zek access is pretty long and an be hard at points up until boatride, but boatride is simple.  Its the complete oposite for EL access.  EL is really easy to get up to boatride, but unless you get an enchanter class, the boss is a beast  (for EL boatride): Lord Zarvon, level 29, 2 arrows up, with 4 skeleies, level 29 each, no arrows.
    It took me 5 trys to beat EL boatride, with only 1 try on Zek.

ok, but what is the difference between tiers?

- Scaris