Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mourning lead dev gone wild!

2»

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I agree with you Deides.

However, Mourning is far from completed, and depleting Tiamat energy is not the right time if you want Mourning to prosper!  When Mourning will be well developped, it will be time to bring that to Tiamat and make him resign to a good PR.  If you win and make Tiamat change his view, yet, you kill the creative process who is ruling him now, you finish with nothing at the starting line.

Yet, I, myself, would probably be to immature to cope with Tiamat if I would be personnally the victim of his harsh talking.

In the case of a baker, well, the product is already there, he can reproduce it easily, even if he lose his ''holy inspiration'', the bread would still be good...if Tiamat lose his holy fire, then you will not have the same product quality in the end.  This is why creators are usually best left alone and ''winning'' their point so they focus on something for now...until the final result is there.

Now how Tiamat and the others devs work together is another topic completely, and Tiamat may be killing the ''holy inspiration'' of others, which cannot be allowed.

Every action in the force, no matter how good or bad, may have many undesired consequences!  *assume a Kreia pose*

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

The thing is that when you have a game not yet released with very very little info, you want to have good professional devs. Mabye when the game is out, and people have impressions- a few bad devs will not ruin the game. However, now peoples first impressions will being treated like crap by a dev. Its not only that they are unprofessional, these losers post IP address of personal enemies for people to hack.

• deidesdeides Member Posts: 197

Anofalyse, you have some goods points, and indeed I agree - thats why i strongly urge tiamat to hire/contract a PR representative so that: 1. he would have someone with more tact do the talking and 2. leave him 100% of his time to develop the game.

The way Tiamat is acting now is actually harming the image players will have of mourning, and that is never a good thing.  I am sure he could find dozens of devoted players/beta testers to do the pr work for him (i know a few who have been present in the mourning boards for years and would do a grea job).  Heck i bet theyd do it for free too.

What youre saying now is that even if jimmy hendrix was an Arse, youd still listen to his music... and leave him alone so that he may make better music for you to hear... but in mournings case the devs/company that are developping the game need to build and maintain a solid reputation for people to trust then with their playtime/money/credit card, etc.

I would not play a game, with the constant fear that i "might" be banned because i said "hi babe" to a female NPC ingame.  get my drift?

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Originally posted by Anofalye

Devs are humans, and I could bet that many devs are alcoholics, drugs junkies, waging money and losing way to much, religious fanaticals, this in many games, including all the MMORPGs.

Putting religious fanaticism in a set with alchoholism, drug addicts, and many other vices...Hrm...You sorta lost all credibility to me then.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Aldaron

Originally posted by Anofalye

Devs are humans, and I could bet that many devs are alcoholics, drugs junkies, waging money and losing way to much, religious fanaticals, this in many games, including all the MMORPGs.

Putting religious fanaticism in a set with alchoholism, drug addicts, and many other vices...Hrm...You sorta lost all credibility to me then.

*shrug*   This is a set about lack of thinking qualities, someone who answer with ''faith'' rather then logic is at a clear disadvantage exactly like a drunk when it come to arguing, thinking or developping interesting features.  I didnt mean it was a vice, althought since you bring it, it certainly can be.

However I forget to add fanatical Nationalism as well, no matter the country.  Nationalisms and religions are nice, when someone is not making an overdose of it.  When peoples use ''evil'' rather then arguments or ''patriotism'' arguments, you know they have gone on the journey of the fanatical(I dont say they are fanaticals, I say they at least make the first steps).

Do not confuse Fanatical and Zealous, a zealous that dont start a crusade, that is focused on himself and other likemind peoples is not a fanatical.

Narrowness of thinking can hurt yourself and others, it is prolly the worst sin of all when you try to ''enforce'' it on other, claiming it is patriotism or ''the right thing to do'' instead of arguing.  Instead of killing peoples, you try to kill their mind, which is definitely a very nasty sin.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

Mourning has had a community rep. his name was Dave. Dave's way of handling things on their forums was to ban everyone that disagreed with him. Don't believe me? Look around the board archives from a couple months ago and you will easily find numerous threads he absolutely freaked out in and did mass bans.

I just wish I could post some things here from their beta boards. You think they are unprofessional in the public eye? you should see how their testers are treated. Its absolutely appalling.

Malianea

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

Dave is also Lead Developer, etc. They try to be all things at all times. Not possible.

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• deidesdeides Member Posts: 197

Originally posted by Malianea
    Mourning has had a community rep. his name was Dave. Dave's way of handling things on their forums was to ban everyone that disagreed with him. Don't believe me? Look around the board archives from a couple months ago and you will easily find numerous threads he absolutely freaked out in and did mass bans.I just wish I could post some things here from their beta boards. You think they are unprofessional in the public eye? you should see how their testers are treated. Its absolutely appalling.

you know what? im not surprised.

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081
    The Best MMO company for PR is WWIIOL in my opinion.  What other company hosts teamspeak rooms to talk about the future of the game, or ask questions about anything?  I have personally sat in Teamspeak for hours with those guys.