Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchasing the 12 month package, is it worth it?

2»

Comments

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Well I think the first question would have to be does the game have any type of offline progression. Also it has nothing to do with how good the game is. I love the game I play but never pay for more than 3 months at a time. It's just not a very good idea really unless you just have cash to throw away, life is way way way to crazy and unpredictable to say with any certainty what if any thing you will be playing in 3/3/2011. Just TBH.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by Iceice

Give the free trial a go? What do Tortage and then be dissapointed when the game drastically changes after level 20? Im not a hater, I was a HUGE fan, but the game fails im sorry but it does. Small, linear, instanced, buggy, hardly 0 end game content, invisible walls, boring combat system, not hating here just saying it like it is. If you enjoy tunneling through small instanced zones , being promised lots of things that sound amazing that never actually make it to the game and being bored out of your mind with complete lack of content once you reach max level, then go ahead, waste your money

You say you're not a hater but every word in your post stinks of hate.  I suggest you leave hanging around a forum for a game you hate.  Sad for you.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• IceiceIceice Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by bluefunk

Give the free trial a go? What do Tortage and then be dissapointed when the game drastically changes after level 20? Im not a hater, I was a HUGE fan, but the game fails im sorry but it does. Small, linear, instanced, buggy, hardly 0 end game content, invisible walls, boring combat system, not hating here just saying it like it is. If you enjoy tunneling through small instanced zones , being promised lots of things that sound amazing that never actually make it to the game and being bored out of your mind with complete lack of content once you reach max level, then go ahead, waste your money

You say you're not a hater but every word in your post stinks of hate.  I suggest you leave hanging around a forum for a game you hate.  Sad for you.

Wow at leate I offer advice and opinion on a game and sombodies purchase and money, unlike just trolling other people like you, you have added so much to this thread thank you for your amazing insight. 

You may not like what I have to say, but at leaste I say something, just a word of warning , if you were to buy a car and it blew up, im sure youd tell other people not to buy the car

Pimpwars/Cripplesmash/Legend of the Red Dragon/TradeWars 2002/TrollMud/Usurper

Present: Wurm , Fallen Earth

Originally posted by bluefunk

Wow at leate I offer advice and opinion on a game and sombodies purchase and money, unlike just trolling other people like you, you have added so much to this thread thank you for your amazing insight. 

You may not like what I have to say, but at leaste I say something, just a word of warning , if you were to buy a car and it blew up, im sure youd tell other people not to buy the car

Always strikes me bizzare that people who hate mmo's (and people hate mmo's more than any other genre) hang around forums for them and spew hate about them.  I couldn't stand STO, I got over it.  to be honest I am glad you don't play AoC anymore, we can do without you.

Surely the best advice is to play the FREE TRIAL, if you like it buy the box and enjoy  (very cheap everywhere) if not, move on. 

Originally posted by qazyman

Well I think the first question would have to be does the game have any type of offline progression. Also it has nothing to do with how good the game is. I love the game I play but never pay for more than 3 months at a time. It's just not a very good idea really unless you just have cash to throw away, life is way way way to crazy and unpredictable to say with any certainty what if any thing you will be playing in 3/3/2011. Just TBH.

They are planning offline progression for toons soon (will take 9 months to accumilate enough to level a toon to 80 though).

• InsideBevelInsideBevel Member Posts: 33

Are you kidding me? This game is not worth $5 a month and there is NOT enough content to last a year. Do NOT believe the blind fanboys her. I followed this game pre beta, was in beta, was in the guild that created the first battlekeep / guild city. 
    All this company does is hype and promise things, that DO NOT APPEAR ever. And if they do impliment anything its so buggy or poorly thought out it enrages the community, which is so small at this point the game feels so empty. I read posts all the time about people leveling alts because there is nothing else to do. End game of Conan is trolling the forums until your sub runs out.

Take it from sombody who has been there and done that and really wanted to like this game. Its dead, empty, horrible and full of empty promises, take your money elsewhere you wont regret it. 
    Not trolling just trying to keep it real here, I was suckered along with 600 thousand other people

So.... how long since you played then...?

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Are you kidding me? This game is not worth $5 a month and there is NOT enough content to last a year. Do NOT believe the blind fanboys her. I followed this game pre beta, was in beta, was in the guild that created the first battlekeep / guild city. 
    All this company does is hype and promise things, that DO NOT APPEAR ever. And if they do impliment anything its so buggy or poorly thought out it enrages the community, which is so small at this point the game feels so empty. I read posts all the time about people leveling alts because there is nothing else to do. End game of Conan is trolling the forums until your sub runs out.

Take it from sombody who has been there and done that and really wanted to like this game. Its dead, empty, horrible and full of empty promises, take your money elsewhere you wont regret it. 
    Not trolling just trying to keep it real here, I was suckered along with 600 thousand other people

I agree with one of the previous posters saying it must have been a while since you last played. No one ever said this game did not have a rocky launch. But the game has made leaps and bounds of progress since then. It was not considered one of the most improved MMOs of 2009 for nothing. It is apparent that Funcom is getting their act together and is on the right track with this game. Most would say meh its too late for AoC at this point. I beg to differ the community is rebuilding and growing. Also if they learned their lesson about releasing things too early then the expansion should bring in even more players. The game is on the rebound whether you like it or not. Not many care that you rage quit and stopped subbing over a year ago. It's old news. Things are different face it. And your flame about fanboys which made me laugh, I do not even own the game so no fanboy here just know friends that play it and check different forums for games from time to time.

• IceiceIceice Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Waldoe

I agree with one of the previous posters saying it must have been a while since you last played. No one ever said this game did not have a rocky launch. But the game has made leaps and bounds of progress since then. It was not considered one of the most improved MMOs of 2009 for nothing. It is apparent that Funcom is getting their act together and is on the right track with this game. Most would say meh its too late for AoC at this point. I beg to differ the community is rebuilding and growing. Also if they learned their lesson about releasing things too early then the expansion should bring in even more players. The game is on the rebound whether you like it or not. Not many care that you rage quit and stopped subbing over a year ago. It's old news. Things are different face it. And your flame about fanboys which made me laugh, I do not even own the game so no fanboy here just know friends that play it and check different forums for games from time to time.

Awesome take his advice an opinion from sombody who hasnt and doesnt even play the game. I swear these forums bring out the worst. If you wish to listen to sombody with or without first hand experience, thats up to you. 

And no its not a different game now. Its still the same company, the same empty promises, broken and buggy content, worthless pvp levels and gear, small linear instanced empty zones.

I've been hearing 'its rebuilding they are working hard' since launch. And the game may seem more populated since 95% of everybody quit and everybody is funneled into a few remaining servers. 

Didnt rage quit here, actually really pushed for and strove for the game, just saying buyer beware. Bunch of smoke n mirrors and now more clever marketing with the game. 

You can polish a turd, but under that polish, it still remains a turd, im sorry but thats the truth. 

Pimpwars/Cripplesmash/Legend of the Red Dragon/TradeWars 2002/TrollMud/Usurper

Present: Wurm , Fallen Earth

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

well i got it in december and i glad i got it cause was 98$ for 1year+free expansion+ beta to their new game. together thats about 220$ for only 98$. so money wise its worth it. onlly bad thing about aoc right now is the lack of low lvl people to group with to do group quests

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Originally posted by Waldoe

Awesome take his advice an opinion from sombody who hasnt and doesnt even play the game. I swear these forums bring out the worst. If you wish to listen to sombody with or without first hand experience, thats up to you. 

And no its not a different game now. Its still the same company, the same empty promises, broken and buggy content, worthless pvp levels and gear, small linear instanced empty zones.

I've been hearing 'its rebuilding they are working hard' since launch. And the game may seem more populated since 95% of everybody quit and everybody is funneled into a few remaining servers. 

Didnt rage quit here, actually really pushed for and strove for the game, just saying buyer beware. Bunch of smoke n mirrors and now more clever marketing with the game. 

You can polish a turd, but under that polish, it still remains a turd, im sorry but thats the truth. 

Nope only have 2 roomates that have played it since beta. So no I do not know anything about the game haha. And I am not sure what broken promises and lack of end game your talking about. Please explain. Also a word of advice do not go looking for PvP in a  game that's PVE based. Keep that in mind.

Also LOL @ it not being a different game now. Had to edit that in ha.

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

the real question is since you get 45% off the subscription fee;

Will you be playing the next 7 months? If yes it logical to take the offer; unless you really belive it will come a even better one very soon.

For me; i did the 12 month plan and have played for 5 months now. I really cannot see me quitting the next 2 months. I bought the 12 month plan after hitting level 80. semi-casual playstyle.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

People sure do like to spout the "but things are different!" line a lot, yet every time I go back when the option arises, it's exactly the same. Sure, things changed in that there is actually content beyond lvl20 now, but the vast majority is still exactly where it was a launch from a mechanics standpoint. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• JeroKanedeadJeroKanedead Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by Kordesh

People sure do like to spout the "but things are different!" line a lot, yet every time I go back when the option arises, it's exactly the same. Sure, things changed in that there is actually content beyond lvl20 now, but the vast majority is still exactly where it was a launch from a mechanics standpoint. 

I am sorry to break it to you. But I am baffled how you haters still spout out these blatant lies almost 2 years later.

There has always been plenty of content at level20. There were three whole lvl 20-35 areas.

So what are you talking about man??!

I got to level50 at launch, with still plenty of quests in my log. Some of my guildies got to level62-65 without having to do a single grind.

The only real content gap there was at launch was between lvl60ish and 70ish. Hence why they added Ymir's Pass later on to fill in that gap. And later again added even more with the release of Common's district.

And with patch 1.05 last year, a lot of the mechanics have changed. Stats and gear have more impact now.

Jer

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Kordesh

I am sorry to break it to you. But I am baffled how you haters still spout out these blatant lies almost 2 years later.
    There has always been plenty of content at level20. There were three whole lvl 20-35 areas.
    So what are you talking about man??!
    I got to level50 at launch, with still plenty of quests in my log. Some of my guildies got to level62-65 without having to do a single grind.
    The only real content gap there was at launch was between lvl60ish and 70ish. Hence why they added Ymir's Pass later on to fill in that gap. And later again added even more with the release of Common's district.
    And with patch 1.05 last year, a lot of the mechanics have changed. Stats and gear have more impact now.
    Jer

And yet casters are still a snooze fest, and will continue to be because in some brilliant blaze of stupidity they decided that casters have to be "ezmode" as they're the "intro to the game." Good to know you have to be pidgeonholed into simplicity if you want to play a caster. Also, I don't know where you were, but there sure as hell wasn't shit between about lvl 28 and lvl50-60 at launch. Just about 15-20 levels of pure grind. Everyone bitches and whines about the "haters" and "oh poor Conan". Real easy when you can just make it up as you go. Nobody is debating about end game PvE, they've been doing plenty to add content to that. But how the classes play, the awful interface, and how the game feels in general is still the same, and PvP is still a train wreck. Oh boy, gear makes people more powerful now. That's not even necessarily a good thing. But whatever. It's all "lies and hate". Good luck trying to say anything realistic about the game when it has its own AoC defense force here to wash away anything remotely negative, complete with pocketed mods.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Tbf I don't recall any issues with the UI infact I thought it was well done for the combat, very well done. The only complaint I personally may of had regarding the ui could have been the icons being similar to each other. While I didn't particularly enjoy the pvp, this was due to bad imbalance but it was decent mechanics wise.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Iceice, I hate to tell ya but I actually already had bought the 12 month before this. I know a tad dumb, but I just wanted to check if I had gotten ripped. So far I don't see any problems with the game past Tortage, if anything it's better... They have improved the game immensely from the crap pile I saw in 2008. No offense, but the game was a crap pile of a mess. Now though, it's actually probably one of the best things I've played thats on the market. I must say if Funcom has done one thing right that is actually caring enough whether their game is good and appeals to the market, even if it failed to do so 2 years ago. Most companies would of just dumped their game if it wasn't making profits, Funcom actually believed in their game and fixed it. Although I see how you were put off back at release (So was I) I honestly can say the game is great as far as I've gotten. From what I see most of the bugs are non-existent anymore. Also I hear there is a great supply of content end game. Neigh to say it still has some work, good thing RoTGS does not invalidate old content by increasing the level cap.

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177

of all the games that offer a 1-year sub, i believe AOC's is the least expensive

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

• nihcenihce Member Posts: 539

And probly has to offer much more than competitiors. It still sucks but all MMO's sucks. If I had time I would be playing Aoc 

• nathanvandynnathanvandyn Member Posts: 98

so can anyone confirm if i purchase this today that i will get all of the bonus content? and if so should i be getting something by email or???

• InsideBevelInsideBevel Member Posts: 33

The bonus stuff you have for your conan sub, is shown on the account page.

Under 'Subscription Details'.

• nathanvandynnathanvandyn Member Posts: 98

yes im just wondering if i will still get the xpac for free and all of the other items for purchasing a year sub.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Originally posted by nathanvandyn

yes im just wondering if i will still get the xpac for free and all of the other items for purchasing a year sub.

Best answer: "Maybe, if your lucky"

It seems that the deal is officially over, but somehow people still get it..so i`m not sure.