Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P Raiding

tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

I've always been a fan of raiding, like it or not, so I'm asking, is there any free to play MMOs out there with raiding as an endgame thing.

Also, it'd be awesome of the CS wasn't intrusive on this raiding.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Atlnatica has some fairly fun raids, DDO has dungeons that aren't as big as raids but feel a lot more epic but ye most f2p games only have dungeons not big raids.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I'd wait for Dragon Nest if the graphics don't mind you much.

It's similar to dragonica but 3d and it's going to be hack and slash, if you don't know about dragonica in every map (well till I played) there is a dungeon with 4 or 5 difficulties you can either solo but will be a bit hard unless you are higher level or party and get a higher ranking because you beat the dungeon faster. The higher the ranking you get in a dungeon = the number of treasure chests you recieve at the end.

All in all not a bad game but I'd prefer a game that is in 3d that's why I stopped from dragonica and also that I heard grinding becomes a bit hard later on =/

• AysonoAysono Member Posts: 164

I am surprised why nobody mentioned Anarchy Online. All the games mentioned so far either don’t have endgame or have only small group raids. The Beast and Alien Sector raids in Anarchy are open raids for all people of either OMNI/Clan and Redeemed/Unredeemed. That is, half of the game’s players participate in those raids. When I played it a few years ago there were usually 150-200 players running those raids every time. I am not sure how it stands now.

Originally posted by Aysono

I am surprised why nobody mentioned Anarchy Online. All the games mentioned so far either don’t have endgame or have only small group raids. The Beast and Alien Sector raids in Anarchy are open raids for all people of either OMNI/Clan and Redeemed/Unredeemed. That is, half of the game’s players participate in those raids. When I played it a few years ago there were usually 150-200 players running those raids every time. I am not sure how it stands now.

Atlantica does have raids so i don't know what your talking about and their not small, last time i played we used do babylon with about 50-80 people.

• AysonoAysono Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

Originally posted by Aysono

Atlantica does have raids so i don't know what your talking about and their not small, last time i played we used do babylon with about 50-80 people.

OP asked for ENDGAME raids. Atlantica doesn't have any endgame content. In fact it only has level 100ish content. Almost all the content in Atlantica is level 100ish, dungeons, mercenaries, quests, just everything is level 100ish. That's why most of their players left around level 105.

I can't resist to edit this post and LOL @ the 'new' Hwarang mercenary on the Atlantica advertisement on this site. OMG, it was 'new' 6 months ago. Atlantica could be a good game if ndoors added content instead of nerfs and Item Mall 'update' since 12 months ago. Unfortunately they didn't.

Good point, i'm not sure if they added more raids but back then there were i believe 4 of them and only people at cap could take on the bosses and the minimum lvl our nation had for these were lvl 100 so i would have to disagree with this only being lvl 100 stuff but at the same time yes there wasn't much to do after 110 and i also did quit at lvl 105.