Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Release April 8th! Mark your calendars!

DarzinDarzin Member Posts: 46

Seriously... their official release is April 8th? I thought their official release was Oct. 31st... I mean Dec 1st... I mean, wait are we still in the soft launch shit? I mean, they already had lifetime/x month subs sold prior to launch. Then pushed back launch, then called that a soft launch because the game was so bad they had to reduce sub/box prices, now on March 1st they have gone Sub Free and the game still hasn't launched? Is David Allen confused as to what the word "launch" and "release" actually mean in software?

Almighty Dollar 1, MMORPG.com members 0!
Blog

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

I think the entire game got tripped up on itself a long time ago and has been unable to stand back up. Their "soft launch" seems to of been a testing ground where they could see if a game that so closely resembled wow could sustain itself with a monthly sub. It seems it has been proven it has not and is now going the f2p option.

I see "launch" as the point at which characters will no longer be wiped. Much like Allods is in an "open beta" state although no characters will be wiped, I consider Allods to be released.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

The funny thing is they started calling it soft-launch AFTER the release, i guess they didn't get enough initial buyers? but if i read it write they said they won't be "releasing" the game until they believe it's properly polished and is a quality product available for mass consumption which going from the forums doesn't seem like.

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

Yep I think someone is very confused and on medication at QOL.

Bought myself 5 yearly subs back in the beginning (there never was a lifetime sub although the way things are going a one year sub might just be Alganon's lifetime).

First there was a release date of Halloween that players like myself recommended the date be pushed out to put more time in on getting the game in a better state. So the release date was moved to Dec 1st.

Great .. then they promised pre-purchase players a headstart that in my opinion just never happened.  Then they dropped the purchase price (download client - no box - no in store) and the subscription price.  But hey we got a spiffy hat.

Then the dawning dragged on and on and on and on and on and on.

Finally that was finished and they promised big news on March 1st big events on March 1st.  March 1st rolled around and an Announcement did come out around the 11th hour but no big events etc.  For that you have to wait till March 11th now we're told.

World Bosses .. big events .. come join the fun March 11th (will that could always change if not ready I'm guessing).

Right now I have my doubts as to how there will be any group around, more then 20 players, to make an attempt at conquering any type of World Boss unless it is Pee Wee Herman and his mad carnival of adds.

"So come one and all the week of April 8th .. that's the new launch day and we're going to be rolling out all kinds of new stuff for everyone to enjoy."  "Go away kid, ya bother me."

Will at least I got a hat.

Just Me,

Tim - Hakiem

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Yeh i remember you from the forums, if i remember correctly you even won the make your own npc thing. Back on topic it seems like anyone who supported the devs has been screwed royally, first with the price cuts which i believe still arent compesated for and now once yet again. This also reminds me that you guys were given that all mighty exclusive of 10% study bonus which anyone can buy now, yeh they didn't really think it through. Btw any date on when the item mall actually opens since the free model is already live?

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

Item Shop is suppose to open in April with the re-Launch of the game.

But then again that could change.  As the date of the re-Launch is not really given in the press release for the change in the business model.  It just says Tribute and the Shop is coming with the re-Launch the week of  April 8th.  The week of April 8th, that is a bit strange as April 8th is a Thursday on my Calendar?  Maybe they mean April 8th 2012 which is a Sunday and the true start of a week.  Only the shadow know.

Will the shadow's and Dave Allen.

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

So....who actually marked their calendars?

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Azerin

Hehe, good one.

But really, it's already disturbing enough that we waste our time by posting for (or should I say: against) this game.

• DarzinDarzin Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by TalRasha

Originally posted by Azerin

Hehe, good one.

But really, it's already disturbing enough that we waste our time by posting for (or should I say: against) this game.

What's disturbing is a game can be released 3 times... in a 6 month span. With zero changes made to it really.

Almighty Dollar 1, MMORPG.com members 0!
    Blog

• TheAncientTheAncient Member Posts: 67

The signs that things were not good came when the first launch date was announced. As it stood there were just a few weeks to fix some significant errors such as the rubberbanding, exiting the defined areas, major fps drop in some game areas, broken quests, bad breadcrumbing, broken resource nodes, poor server performance, faulty quest helper, misplaced and missing assets, bugged AH etc. The list of problems was pretty large and significant. Oddly enough it was the quest faults in the starting areas that worried me the most. They were there for many months and when open beta came around it took dev intervention just to get those done, not to mention the start of a more respectable bug ticketing system just weeks before launch with no end game seen or tested.

There were many requests to delay the game further from beta testers with some even saying the game was even alpha state, and depite how often the great community has been touted, their opinions on the release readiness of the game were ignored.

If a company wont listen to customers when they need your help the most, they definitely wont listen after they've got your cash. So I never subscribed.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

Heh. I remember people suggesting that Alganon should be free to play (or "subscription free") before it was launched, and David Allen was adamant that it be P2P, citing "quality" reasons. This guy is running out of feet to stick in his mouth. From what scant information I've heard about the item shop, it's going to be disastrous since it'll allow you to reduce Study times and buy gear.  It's like they looked at Allods' unfortunate cash shop and said, "We can make one even more idiotic!" and did just that. To be fair, though, I haven't personally seen Alganon's item shop, so it might not be as bad as all that.

How long before they drop the box price and go full-on F2P? I give it another two months.

I do have to admit, on paper Alganon did have some interesting ideas, but they were implemented in the most unimpressive way possible, and don't make up for the games painful, glaring shortcomings and overall lack of innovation. I almost feel bad for David Allen. Almost.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

Alganon is the red-headed stepchild of MMO's. 'Nuff said.