Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interface update to modern level? Or still old unusable?

Dixi01Dixi01 Member UncommonPosts: 54

I've tried to return to several old games, like Anarchy Online, DAoC and most times major obstacle between me and comfortable gameplay was even not outdated graphics but interface.

Interfaces with fixed small windows, designed for 640x480 or 800x600 resolution, no tooltips, not enough hotkey bars and so on. That really makes those old games unplayable.

Recently I’ve tried DAoC. Terrible organized inventory. Icons, designed for low resolution, and easy to loose on today’s display. No tooltips for spells/abilities.

Last time I’ve tried AO, like a year ago – had same problems. Were missing pet control bar (there is one but very uncomfortable), no movable/resizable interface windows…

From my point of view interface is mostly about comfortable hotbars, windows, and that’s not so hard to redesign and update to modern level, compared to all textures update, or polygon per model increase.

Comments

• morbiusvmorbiusv Member Posts: 86

um daoc has custom uis you can download that make the ui really as good as u like ao i jave no idea though

• Recon415Recon415 Member Posts: 55

Yeah, just Google for some custom UIs if you're uncomfortable with the default.

In contrary to OP's argument, I actually find AO's interface to be one of then best I've seen. Lots of customizability, and windows can be moved anywhere. Personally, I also like the fact everything's smaller. It give you more room.

I have computers; they are fast.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I am waIting till they stick to their promise and upgrade to Dreamfall engine. I would even resub then. :P 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.