Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with Razer Lycosa

gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160

Hello,

I just recently ordered a Razer Lycosa keyboard. I've had it for a few days and it works great! However, I can't seem to get my media keys to function properly. The Razer logo works fine for the Windows button as well as the lighting button, but I can't seem to get the volume control and music buttons to work. Can anyone help me?  

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Did you install the proper drivers?

• frankahfrankah Member UncommonPosts: 73

What OS are you running, as the Razer products can be finicky. I have a Lycosa myself, and this is the 4th (from the company) because mine had so many problems. I had to personally talk with the Director of CS, for all of North America, in order to get somewhere.

I doubt its a drivers issue, as for well over a year, I've never used the drivers, they are mainly for the macro-ing capabilities of the keyboard, and not functionality.(I know that sounds contradictory, but its true!)

Franker

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160
    Originally posted by Cleffy

Did you install the proper drivers?

Yes, I currently have it as 2.04 which is the newest on the website (For Windows Vista anyways)

I doubt it is the drivers though. If it was, none of the media keys would be working and the keyboard wouldn't function. I figured it has something to do with my personal settings. Is there anything I have to do besides install drivers for my computer to recognize the media keys?

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by frankah
    What OS are you running, as the Razer products can be finicky. I have a Lycosa myself, and this is the 4th (from the company) because mine had so many problems. I had to personally talk with the Director of CS, for all of North America, in order to get somewhere.

I was considering getting one of these, but your experience makes me want to run away from them. I'm using AHK now with a regular keyboard and it's working out quite well.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

Originally posted by Nizur

I was considering getting one of these, but your experience makes me want to run away from them. I'm using AHK now with a regular keyboard and it's working out quite well.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great keyboard! I have had no issues with it so far besides the few media keys. Lighting is great, the slim profile is a lot more comfortable, and the design in general is great for my current setup.

My guess is that the keyboard has a defective media unit. I had issues with say, certain keys working, and others next to it responding and not responding as they so chose. So honestly, I wouldn't doubt you got a dead board, and you're gonna be forced to RMA with a bunch of people who lack basic communication skills!

As it doesn't sound like a driver issue, imo. (based on my 2 years with the Lycosa now)

Franker

My guess is that the keyboard has a defective media unit. I had issues with say, certain keys working, and others next to it responding and not responding as they so chose. So honestly, I wouldn't doubt you got a dead board, and you're gonna be forced to RMA with a bunch of people who lack basic communication skills!
    As it doesn't sound like a driver issue, imo. (based on my 2 years with the Lycosa now)
    Franker

Ok then. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but oh well. I have an extended warranrty I'll keep trying other things, but I thank you for the help :)

You're welcome! I hope you find it is something else, if not, you'll be without a keyboard for a month easily, as Razer operates at a snail's pace.

Franker