Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like a rehashed PS2 game

jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280

I mean seriously, doesn't it look like it was developed for the ps2.

I think SQ/Enix had a game, they didn't know what to do with the code, so they said, hey distribute some crap for us. ok...

nothing about this looks interesting, noting. except if it runs on a java browser engine, then the grafx are ok.

-------
Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
-------

Comments

• EtraEtra Member UncommonPosts: 164

You do realize this game is quite old, right?

• He probably doesn't realize. This game came out in 2006, it has just taken 4 years to localize here in North America.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by jamigre

I think SQ/Enix had a game, they didn't know what to do with the code, so they said, hey distribute some crap for us. ok...
    nothing about this looks interesting, noting. except if it runs on a java browser engine, then the grafx are ok.

Here I'll do you a favor and do all the research you should of done before you attempted to post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Earth

• jdedeauxjdedeaux Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by jamigre

Please do your research before bashing.

• KalefenKalefen Member Posts: 57

Yet another notch on the belt of mediocrity.  The same handful of race class combinations vs the exact same handful of race class combinations beating each other up in some pointless area. 

While it saves a lot of money to make this type of mmorpg - play ground/gang wars pvp is just so vanilla - then I grew up went to college and read about epic battles between nations.  Still waiting for that mmorpg. Sorry Tolkien - but looks like another mmorpg where the developers were really sure the elves dwarves and humans were supposed to fight - the elves, dwarves, and humans because it's just too hard to make anything else.

/signed Mr. tired of craptastic lazy developers with zero imagination and vision for what could be an amazing industry.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Square Enix is merely a distributor/publisher for this game... they didn't develop it...

Anyway, yes, just an almost 5-year old game getting released in the West, that's all. You shouldn't be complaining about graphics when you are aware of that.

• Linren2Linren2 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Kalefen

Yet another notch on the belt of mediocrity.  The same handful of race class combinations vs the exact same handful of race class combinations beating each other up in some pointless area. 
    While it saves a lot of money to make this type of mmorpg - play ground/gang wars pvp is just so vanilla - then I grew up went to college and read about epic battles between nations.  Still waiting for that mmorpg. Sorry Tolkien - but looks like another mmorpg where the developers were really sure the elves dwarves and humans were supposed to fight - the elves, dwarves, and humans because it's just too hard to make anything else.

/signed Mr. tired of craptastic lazy developers with zero imagination and vision for what could be an amazing industry.

I think you would actually have to have played the game to make your comments mean something.

I mean even I can type up something to that praised or bash the game with minimal information without playing.  However, that doesn't mean anything I say is true since I never played it.

You think the developers are lazy and have zero imagination.  Try do a little research about MMORPG development, then create one on paper, then calculate the cost of making the said MMOPRG.  Something might surprise you in the process.

Originally posted by EricDanie

Square Enix is merely a distributor/publisher for this game... they didn't develop it...

*Psst* Other way around...

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164
    Originally posted by Etra

No, that's correct. The game was developed by Multiterm (later becoming Fenix Soft) and originally published by Square Enix, who canned it after a few months under the PlayOnline banner. Gamepot then picked it up and dropped the subscription, which led to the game finding success in Japan. Square Enix's name is still attached as I assume they still own the trademark/copyright, and thus get a cut of Gamepot's profits.

SE's mention is merely being used to stir interest.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by IdesofMarch

No, that's correct. The game was developed by Multiterm (later becoming Fenix Soft) and originally published by Square Enix, who canned it after a few months under the PlayOnline banner. Gamepot then picked it up and dropped the subscription, which led to the game finding success in Japan. Square Enix's name is still attached as I assume they still own the trademark/copyright, and thus get a cut of Gamepot's profits.

This. You might be in for a HUGE disappointment if you try this game considering their ads "from the creators of FINAL FANTASY and DRAGON QUEST" and expect the game to match the quality of the games from these IPs, not to mention being new as it is being released in the West now, which is the reason the OP considers the game to be a rehashed PS2 game, it's true though as that would be the comparison for a 2006 game.

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

This. You might be in for a HUGE disappointment if you try this game considering their ads "from the creators of FINAL FANTASY and DRAGON QUEST" and expect the game to match the quality of these IPs.

Then I misread a lot of things. xD

Either way, outside of the first and second Star Ocean games and most of the Final Fantasy games, I dislike SE's other IPs. Not every company is perfect, and we'll find out which way it goes with FE:Z in a few hours. {shrug}

• gordunkgordunk Member CommonPosts: 114

I'm mostly interested in the large scale PvP and twitch-based combat, I don't care who makes it honestly.  The fact that the battle system is unique and the game is focused on organized PvP is plenty for me.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

PS2 has better graphics and sound than this game. It seems more like an NES game to me ;D