Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-order Question

GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
Ok they say the company handling pre-orders isnt the same guys maiing the game, however when you want to cancel the order you have to email a dev? Is that correct? I would post this on their forum but It will just get deleted another one of my accounts banned.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Grunch
    Ok they say the company handling pre-orders isnt the same guys maiing the game, however when you want to cancel the order you have to email a dev? Is that correct? I would post this on their forum but It will just get deleted another one of my accounts banned.

The whole issue with having third party to handle customer database is, so that certain information remains secure...(F. EX: the devs, nor the publisher has your credit card #, it remains in the secure database of the third party responsible for handling the pre-orders but can cancel your orders or/and change your address, etc)

English isn't my main language so I'm pretty bad on explaining this...maybe someone who got better english could explain it more clearly...

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Whats 3rd party company handling the orders?

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

If a third party does all the pre-orders, then its them who are also responsible for cancelling pre-orders. Unless of course, cancelling pre-orders is supposed to be a big hassle. Overall yet another unprofessional approach to releasing their game (if it exists at all). Granted, this might be related to them being an unexperienced Romanian dev company, but their conduct so far and the little media available about their game, does not inspire confidence in this game.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Hopefully I can offer some insight into how this works.  Limitless Horizons LLC is the company that is responsible for the website, www.realmsofkrel.com. They are the ones that your pre-order gets sent to and also the e-mail that you cancel with, is them too.  The pre-order form on their website sends the information to the billing company.  The billing is outsourced to a third party, which is Accentra www.accentrainc.com.  

The reason behind it is because outsourcing is a great way to reduce overhead generated by taking on specialized tasks by yourself.  Basically, why hire a whole set of new staff, train them, set up the secured network, and run the billing, when you can just hire a company that specializes in this for half the cost.

In fact, this is a very professional approach that is done by just about every major corporation across the globe.  It is NOT an unprofessional approach, but a sound business decision.

As it stands now, the European distributor is Gamigo AG, a German company that has handled several other distributions, more noteably, Anarchy Online and Tactical Commanders, aka Shattered Galaxy. www.mourning.de is the counter-part to the www.realmsofkrel.com site.

PS: Not to sound rude or anything, but -Inferno- if you're commenting on professionalism ... why as the Stratic content manager for another game, are you consistantly trolling the Mourning forums here and attempting to bash the game?  That just doesn't seem professional at all to me.

How's that. Better?
    Basically I don't care for Mourning. But I voice my opinion anyway since it shows if a number of people are warning others about a game. I'd not do so if Mourning did not deserve it. I've seen many MMORPGs come and some of them go. I'm certain that Mourning will be among the games that will go, sooner than later.

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

So Inferno you basically lied and called the Mourning dev team unproffessional and the game a scam simply because you "do not like Mouring"!! lol

I find your attitude rather childish. Although at least you've learnt something about outsourcing - perhaps there's hope for yor general ignorance if you continue to be educated by the members of this board.image

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

Stav, how old are you, 13? Months?

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

The outsourcing itself is perfectly fine. But not if the outsourcing is done to a company that is related to the dev team and cancelling pre-orders requires sending emails to the devs. What you find childish or not is absolutely irrelevant.