Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A huge new interview on IGN

Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1072842p1.html

Great artwork. Plus some good new info.

Comments

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 Member Posts: 152

Very nice so far.  I'm still excited to play.  My only fear at this point is that it may suffer from the infamous "lack of endgame" at launch.  When he mentions that later in the game, players will gravitate towards social aspects and PvP, that implies to me that there are no real PvE encounters beyond a certain point, which I think players may not like so much.  

It's hard for a PvE-based game, which this clearly is, to do PvP in a meaningful way, so to make that the basis of your endgame at launch seems iffy at best.

Prax

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651

noticed there is still no release date mentioned in the games list - is it even in beta yet?

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by elderotter

noticed there is still no release date mentioned in the games list - is it even in beta yet?

Nope, probably won't be for some time.  I honestly don't even know if it has a 2010 release date.  I doubt it, though.

Prax

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Praxus1874

Originally posted by elderotter

Nope, probably won't be for some time.  I honestly don't even know if it has a 2010 release date.  I doubt it, though.

Prax

bummer - I am so bored and/or unimpressed with the current released games.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

This game looks awesome. Something like Requiem: Bloodymare, but better. I'm interested to see what comes of this game. This game, and a few others are already on my "Must buy" list.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Damn it, I got this mixed up with World of Darkness and was going to say, "CCP is a competent company and this game sounds interesting." Now I have to say, "Funcom is not that great a company (in my opinion, of course), but this game sounds interesting." Oh well.

• CripnoahCripnoah Member Posts: 128

Just disappointed that there is still not gameplay video, even though it says they're still just working out the kinks, but I'm dying to see how it plays! >.<

• weslubowweslubow Member UncommonPosts: 163

Great concept. I hope the game can live up to it. The few videos are fun, but don't give you much. Maybe more info coming from the GDC.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I cannot wait for this game.

Unfortunately, I don't see this game releasing until 3rd-4thQ 2011 which only gives us a handful of months to play it before the world ends in 2012. 

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482
    Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

I cannot wait for this game.

Unfortunately, I don't see this game releasing until 3rd-4thQ 2011 which only gives us a handful of months to play it before the world ends in 2012. 

Agree with your release date estimates. Also the financial analysts in Norway that follow the Funcom stock have a estimated release in q4 2011. 

Also, think of it. They are still in alpha and need at least a year in beta. 

However the starter zone is now playable as Erling Ellingsen twittered that he was killing monsters all day in Kingsmouth

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I am hyped for the game, I really am, I actually liked AoC. However for some reason I get the distinct feeling this will also be heavily instanced and as such suffer similar community wrath again.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• dzikundzikun Member Posts: 150

Failcom as the name states is an author of the biggest MMO disappointment of my life (At least till SW:TOR comes out...).

Still i can't help it... This game as vague as the info is right now is sucking me slowly in... I'm intrigued... I did promise myself  thought that i'll never try any game made by this company... And knowing Failcom they will release the game at < 25% completion...

I've been uplinked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi-coastal multi-tasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

I'm new-wave, but I'm old-school; and my inner child is outward-bound.

I'm a hot-wired, heat-seeking, warm-hearted cool customer; voice-activated and bio-degradable.

RIP George Carlin.