Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF you haven't tried this game.....

AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 286

You really should.  It's free, and honestly one of the funnest games I've played - ever.  It is different and I love that.  You don't NEED to pay anything for this game to be fun, and can get literally hundreds of hours of fun for free.  In the later game, spending money becomes more important but is not required to get to the high levels of the game.  People who say you have to spend money are HIGH HIGH levels who are not being patient and want to gain faster.  You can get any Item and any level w/out spending a dime.  Its worth a try - trust me.

Oh by the way....get to level 25 before you pass judgment.  The subtlies of the game don't start to come out til then.  Oh and PLEASE try Free League when you get to 20.  Its THE GREAT PART OF THE GAME.

 

 

Comments

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,597

    Reputations, good ones at least, are hard to earn in the MMO industry, bad ones, unfortunately seem to be very easy to acquire, and probably one of the reasons why Atlantica isnt perhaps as popular as they, and apparently, you, would like, is that quite often, the bad reputations are easier to believe than the good ones. You only have to read some of the other postings on this forum to see where this is coming from unfortunately.

  • CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

    Well, Atlantica online is one of my favorite mmo, I played other game like flyff which is a hack and slash and this one is a turn based so for me you can rarely see a game like Atlantica,  I agreed that this game is a funnest game specially I like the PVP of AO, you need to think of more strategies in each turn... Some are fucked up with the IM of it but still IAO is quite different from KAO...

  • dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Phry


    Reputations, good ones at least, are hard to earn in the MMO industry, bad ones, unfortunately seem to be very easy to acquire, and probably one of the reasons why Atlantica isnt perhaps as popular as they, and apparently, you, would like, is that quite often, the bad reputations are easier to believe than the good ones. You only have to read some of the other postings on this forum to see where this is coming from unfortunately.



     

    Agreed.

    But this game is more popular than you might think. Even the german version with with it's two servers (atm) is having a busy status on both servers most of the time.  And take into consideration that the German version is not (as i hoped it to be) for Europeans but only for german speaking/reading players and even many of those prefer to play on the us version.

    Come on... Give me a break!

  • CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

    Well also, have you heard the rumor that Ndoors will be releasing a TBS? or the tactical battle system? This is one of the most anticipated system that all players of atlantica have been waiting for.  I never saw a cool game like this when I saw the video of Atlantica Troy, actually I already posted this on the other thread.

    Here's the link of the video:

    atlantica.hangame.com/center/troy/html/main.asp

  • HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

    Just do not use this scam of an item shop.

    You may play the Free League for 1,5 hours, then Goncourt for an hour, make a second or third toon as bank char to sell the skillbooks, then play FL for 1,5 hours...
    ...if you have enough time.
    If you as a casual player do not have the time (or are "impatient" as the OP calls lifers), well...

    The Ishop items you see in the market: someone paid for them with $.

  • CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Herodes


    Just do not use this scam of an item shop.
    You may play the Free League for 1,5 hours, then Goncourt for an hour, make a second or third toon as bank char to sell the skillbooks, then play FL for 1,5 hours...

    ...if you have enough time.

    If you as a casual player do not have the time (or are "impatient" as the OP calls lifers), well...
    The Ishop items you see in the market: someone paid for them with $.

     

    Agreed to this, those that was just to lazy to maximize their time in the game are just the one's qqing in the item mall. I think there's a lot of  ways to do in the game and you can earn gold like crafting,FL.

  • womckinseywomckinsey Member Posts: 3

    Ok..I'm sold.. I'll give it a shot..DL-ing now. I'll keep an open mind and give an honest review.

     

    Shizzle

  • CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

    You can check out my Tips for New Atlantians in this link : www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/269934/Tips-for-new-Atlantians.html

     

    This might help you as a beginner in the game... :)

  • MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 797

    I think this game is popular. It seems very busy most of the time.

  • sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

    Yes!

    It is a good game.. well, it was a good game back when it was released when I was actually playing it.

    It does unfortunatly get rather grindy later on!

    We all know that MMO's get grindy at somestage, but the difference is that if your pretty much forced to grind in one place to get to the next, where you must grind even more.. is that it becomes boring!

     

    If there were like 5/6 different places to grind then its ok!..  but unfortunatly Atlantica is very linear :(

  • dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

    It has a main quest chain, yes, but i wouldn't say it's linear. You can do and redo many of the recruitment quests and the non-main quest chain quests (which are more and more as higher you go). In this game you don't have to grind till level 95+(even then you don't NEED to grind). There are always enough quests to level you and your mercs. 

    Come on... Give me a break!

  • CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

    Well, if you want to grind.. there's a lot of ways to do in the game... I play only FL to to earn exp at the same time I can earn coins from FL and exchange this coin for gold....

  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

    Im surprised at how long this game captivated me.  If you can make to level 10 and get involved in more of the meat of the game, it should keep one entertained for some time.  I really enjoyed the time I played it.

  • CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

    In the game there are lot of activity that you can do... even while in AFK you can earn money.. Using Jackpot license helps me a lot.... then sell it in the market... Fishing and Crafting also but I recommend Crafting ofcourse

  • joe2119joe2119 Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Cik_Asalin


      If you can make to level 10 and get involved in more of the meat of the game, it should keep one entertained for some time. 

     

    This...the game looks like nothing at first till you start building your formations. free leagues are fun too

  • Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,191

    This is really not a bad game. I played it up to the 70s I believe (been over a year) and quit mostly due to the huge dependency on real money spending that was going on. Maybe if I was at a time where I didn't  have to go to college, and I was not virtually broke I wouldn't have mind spending 50+ hours farming a week OR spending $20-$30 a month. However this just is not the case. 

     

    The game is very solid, probably all and all the funnest F2P game I ever played. And Iv played over 30 of them. 

    It's really just to bad that in order to really enjoy it you ether need massive amounts of time or massive amounts of money. I guess that can be said for every F2P mmorpg game out there. 

     

    If I am going to have to spend $20-$30 a month in order to stay in college and compete with people my own level It's much more preferable to just spend $15 on a P2P game and get 100% even playing field with people my own level. That's just the way I saw Atlantica overall. 

  • dubistblaudubistblau Member Posts: 274

    Originally posted by Calintz333

    This is really not a bad game. I played it up to the 70s I believe (been over a year) and quit mostly due to the huge dependency on real money spending that was going on. Maybe if I was at a time where I didn't  have to go to college, and I was not virtually broke I wouldn't have mind spending 50+ hours farming a week OR spending $20-$30 a month. However this just is not the case. 

     

    The game is very solid, probably all and all the funnest F2P game I ever played. And Iv played over 30 of them. 

    It's really just to bad that in order to really enjoy it you ether need massive amounts of time or massive amounts of money. I guess that can be said for every F2P mmorpg game out there. 

     

    If I am going to have to spend $20-$30 a month in order to stay in college and compete with people my own level It's much more preferable to just spend $15 on a P2P game and get 100% even playing field with people my own level. That's just the way I saw Atlantica overall. 

    Very well said calintz. Ive been hooked with this game for almost two years now and i have spent a lot of money on it. and my mom saw my account and was really worried that i even spend my savings for such a game. But i enjoy this! it is worth every penny! except on unlucky days. :D

Sign In or Register to comment.