Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Invites Starting !

ramvoramvo Member UncommonPosts: 29

"With the eagerly anticipated FINAL FANTASY XIV drawing ever nearer its beta test phase, we are excited to announce that we will be conducting a closed alpha test—exclusive to our loyal FINAL FANTASY XI users!

Those who have been selected as beta testers can expect to receive further information starting from Monday, March 1.

* The tester website is scheduled to go live on Thursday, March 11.

Those who were not selected in this drawing, fear not, for there will be other opportunities to come. Be sure to stay tuned!

This is from VanaFest 2010 site : http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafes2010/

I'm watching the live stream right now and while my japanese is very rusty, i do know it starts today for the attendees of vanafest! lucky them :D

And I'm quoting Omega_Hack's post from below here since it seems the most informative, hope you don't mind Omega :)

"OMEGA_HACK wrote:yeah they said:

Invites go out tomorrow, everyone in the Vanafest attendance will get an Alpha Build to play with until they officially open up the Beta on March 11th. (prolly allowing people the time to actually get on their accounts and get the Beta stuff they need) Then from there they will progressively invite other people (more than likely more variety of languages since it's primarily JP at the Vanafest) and finally they will have a true open beta close to the release where anyone can join (basically a free play to see if you like it). Or that is how it was seeming to translate for me.

Also we are going to see the ?Official? opening movie for XIV, and more information to be released (probably via an official website update after the event).

This is from Eorzeapedia site :  http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2915

It seems VanaFest attendees get first dips at Beta. Atleast we know the ball is starting to roll. Well, goodluck to everyone when they start inviting regular Beta Applicants.

Always looking to make more friends http://opdisasters.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

cool

for those lucky ones....post on Youtube guys, we want to see what all the hipe is about :)

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Wow, so this game is closer than I expected!

So I'm guessing we can expect an open beta/release sometime towards august-september :D

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Hmmm FFXI players onry? Guess I better check my email tomorrow =).

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

nice, when does open beta start?

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by bronecar

Wow, so this game is closer than I expected!

So I'm guessing we can expect an open beta/release sometime towards august-september :D

it might not be. this is only teh alpha testing and will only have 10% of the game in it. They have a screeny of what the alpha app looks like on ffxivcore.com

either way though. i hope this game makes it out this year as im dying for something good to play and immerse myself into!

• crankorcrankor Member Posts: 18

Got my eye on this, guess its time to check that email more often.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

cool
    for those lucky ones....post on Youtube guys, we want to see what all the hipe is about :)

I am sure we will see some videos posted if it is not prohibited in the first CB.  Then we'd actually have a general idea about the state of the current overall game status.