Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being one of the First is Important to me, how about you?

2»

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Ebonyfly

I like being involved with MMOs when they first start up but it's not so much about being the first, it's more about playing before the game gets theorycrafted and documented to death. Going into a dungeon where none of your group know what to expect is a lot more fun than running after a bunch of players who have been through the place countless times already.
    Mind you the last game I played at launch was Vanguard. Oh boy, was that ugly!

Yeah there is that.  It's the only thing that might make me want to play from the start.  Once every Joe Shmoe goes online and reads half dozen guides they come in and think they're the shit and start ruining my fun.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

I've been letdown by too many MMOs to even want to be 1st in line.  Nowdays I usually wait for reviews & feedback before I buy a game.  Sad I know,  but so is the genre at this point.