Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class Balance

[sYn][sYn] Member UncommonPosts: 61

I'm thinking about re-subbing to the game but before I do I figure I'd ask what the class balance is currently like? Are there any "pointless classes" or harder to group as classes? Essentially, since launch, is there anything I should know!

Thanks!

Comments

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

I dont think clas balance has ever been an issue in aion... what were you doing when you were subscribed to make you think it was ? 

Granted a few arrows in the back or being ganked by rifters is going on, by getting ganked is not an issue of class balance.

• [sYn][sYn] Member UncommonPosts: 61

I should have probably wrote that differently. By balance I was actually refering to class population (badly worded on my part, sorry for that). What is overpopulated, underpopulated? Is there a class that no one plays for good reason?

I initially left the game because it felt like a grind when playing solo. I guess that boils down to my opinion on PVP based games, rather than an error in design.. Not sure..

Still, bored of everything else and I really didn't give Aion that large a chance (only got to around lvl20) so I figure there is no harm in trying again..

So, yeah. Anything I should know?

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Ranger is a great solo and group class.  Gimped the most is gladiator.

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

Least played are cleric and templar/chanter

Most played are gladiator, ranger and sorcerer

(on my server anyway, hope that helps)

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

Edited due to OP revise his question.

I haven't checked server class population for a long time. So, I donno.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Dunno if they did something on the spirit master's DoT skills but if they are like before if there is more then one in a party their DoTs don't stack so only 1 per party is invited mostly in pve.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by [sYn]

I should have probably wrote that differently. By balance I was actually refering to class population (badly worded on my part, sorry for that). What is overpopulated, underpopulated? Is there a class that no one plays for good reason?

To answer that you can get the actual facts here:

NA servers: http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/

Euro servers: http://uk.aiononline.com/livestatus/server/

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)