Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Aion Magazine Announced

2»

Comments

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by Herukhuti

Originally posted by MrcdesOwnr

Is the game barely 6-months from release? Yes. 

I had to register just to ask the question of why people keep giving out false information on how long Aion has been around. The game was released in Korea over 1 year before it was made available to the West. So the statement above is false, yet people keep trying to use US release time period to support their argument that the game is too new to complain about its content level. I find doing that to be disingenuous to say the least. 

Yes, I'm aware of this. However, the point that you and many others seem to be missing is that all new content for Aion, first needs to be localized and adapted for the western market before it can be released. It's not like other MMOs which are created specifically for the western market. Therefore, as new content is created for this game, it's not going to be released as soon as it is released for the Korean version.

I can't comprehend for the life of me why you and many others fail to get this!

So, the statement is accurate and you are false. The US release is extremely relevant.

Your fail comment, failed.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by storm-dragon

You know I sometimes question the sanity of game devlopers.

Our game is plauged with Bots  and Gold sellers, and has the single worst community of any other MMo (Think Xbox live meets south park ) and is bleeding subscribers at an unprecidented rate.
    I know lets put out a magazine and charge for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111  

Again, someone who have no idea about the game, yet .. he makes false accusation.

I can't remember when I saw the last gold seller, but I can remember when I saw a bot. I think was around 1 week ago and yes, I did report him.

So stop trying, making Aion look bad. If you have something against the magazine, then go ahead and rage about the MAGAZINE and not say some false infos about the game

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• etikilametikilam Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Originally posted by Xerith

I am seriously puzzled as to why they are charging for this when other games have done similar things on their websites for free.
    Guild Wars used to have a guild of the month posting with interviews on its site each month for everyone to read. Lotro has dev diaries each month for free as well as a host of other back stage content with its players and staff.
    Im starting to get a little worried to be honest with how much mmo companies are starting to charge for.

This is a 60-page magazine, it can't really be compared to one weekly interview, not to mention they feature the weekly "Eye on the Community" and the monthly "Community Address" open letter, so it's not like they don't give any coverage.

I'm quite amazed at how they plan to do it monthly though, even the World of Warcraft magazine is quarterly, though it isn't digital and more meant as a collection item (adding the nasty shipping fee which for most places outside NA and EU could cost you more than the magazine itself), not to mention bigger.

And I also wonder from WHERE they will be getting enough content for a monthly magazine, but we will see.

If you ever read an "eye on community" or "monthly address" you would know that each one is essentially the same: more news about the news coming soon.

I imagine this magizine will not be 60 pages of content, but rather 50 pages of advertisements with a few snippets of low level content guides and sarcastic protips. Maybe a sneak peak of something that was exposed on aionsource weeks before mag release making the whole thing a joke.

What could they possibly do, spend each month making a guide for the campaign quest line even though each set of story line quests are essentially the same?

Originally posted by Electriceye

I don't see why anyone would feel so hurt by this news. As long as they don't give out game play advantages in any way, it's perfectly fine.
    This is an optional magazine which will undoubtedly have cool info and stuff for subscribers, but non-subscribers wont be missing out on anything really important. I might pre-order for one month just for the black/white dyes and see what it's about but I doubt it's going to be anything mind-blowing.
    HINT: They are NOT forcing anyone to buy the magazine. You don't want it, don't buy it. People who find a way to complain and frustrate themselves about this news need serious help.

People who preorder this get a pair of wings with 60 second flight time. The in game equivalent to this costs 10 million kinah. This is a huge advantage to everyone that isn't a 6 month veteran. Vanity items also do give a big advantage in agame whose main selling feature is character customization. Furthermore, people who buy this will be given a couple hundred thousand kinah worth of potions... money that could have went to a real alchemist player.

HINT: Durp tehy not farcing anyone durrr IS A fallacy. Stop posting it. It's almost bad as the justification of "this is a business and businesses must make money at any possible cost".

Originally posted by IceAge

Our game is plauged with Bots  and Gold sellers, and has the single worst community of any other MMo (Think Xbox live meets south park ) and is bleeding subscribers at an unprecidented rate.

Again, someone who have no idea about the game, yet .. he makes false accusation.

I can't remember when I saw the last gold seller, but I can remember when I saw a bot. I think was around 1 week ago and yes, I did report him.

So stop trying, making Aion look bad. If you have something against the magazine, then go ahead and rage about the MAGAZINE and not say some false infos about the game

Ever use the item broker? All those people selling thousands of materials are bots, buddy. Botters are still around in force, as are their gold selling counter parts. They have just stopped wasting their time making accounts to spam 24/7.

Originally posted by Electriceye

Originally posted by Otakun

The idea that they ain't going to add anything that wont effect gameplay is unrealistic. Adding stuff like dyes and fluff items doesn't seem like enough for people to get into the magazine. So they are eventually going to add something that people are going to want or need which then means more money you got to spend.

If / when that happens then it's a totally different issue.

Dyes and "fluff" items as you call them are enough for people to subscribe. It's a way to look cool / unique, plenty of people in my guild are going to pre-order the first issue just for the dyes. Cosmetic appearance is worth it for lots of players.

However If they start adding stuff that give any advantage whatsoever to the subscriber game play-wise, then they're going to be losing ALOT of players. It is possible, just not very likely IMO.

They won't lose any meaningful subscriptions when it gets to that point. Every time you give ncsoft an inch on this RMT scam, you are sending a clear message that it is acceptable, and that there is a high probability that the next RMT scam will be successful.  RMT is a cancer, it doesn't matter if it's some white guys in the ncwest offices or some chinese guy doing it.

These changes are being done in baby steps. First it was some harmless potions and dyes, now they are giving out wings 99% of the player base can't afford in game. Are you really going to stand there like some drooling retard and wait until the worst case scenario hits you in the face before you do something?

• HerukhutiHerukhuti Member Posts: 5

I had to register just to ask the question of why people keep giving out false information on how long Aion has been around. The game was released in Korea over 1 year before it was made available to the West. So the statement above is false, yet people keep trying to use US release time period to support their argument that the game is too new to complain about its content level. I find doing that to be disingenuous to say the least. 

Yes, I'm aware of this. However, the point that you and many others seem to be missing is that all new content for Aion, first needs to be localized and adapted for the western market before it can be released. It's not like other MMOs which are created specifically for the western market. Therefore, as new content is created for this game, it's not going to be released as soon as it is released for the Korean version.

So, the statement is accurate and you are false. The US release is extremely relevant.

The US release is not relevant when the content in the east has not changed. You can look at what they have in the east and see that they have not really added anything to them either. Your statement would be true if the East did have more content than the West, but it does not. Therefore the relevancy of the US release is minimized, since the content levels in the east are really no different than the content levels in the west.

So, again your statement is false and misleading.

The US release is not relevant when the content in the east has not changed. You can look at what they have in the east and see that they have not really added anything to them either. Your statement would be true if the East did have more content than the West, but it does not. Therefore the relevancy of the US release is minimized, since the content levels in the east are really no different than the content levels in the west.

So, then you wouldn't mind providing proof to support your claim? I for one would like to see it. I'm not calling you a liar, I just find it difficult to believe that they are playing the same variation of the game that we are, with absolutely nothing new.

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

So, then you wouldn't mind providing proof to support your claim? I for one would like to see it. I'm not calling you a liar, I just find it difficult to believe that they are playing the same variation of the game that we are, with absolutely nothing new.

Go look at the Korean Aion site?

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519
    Originally posted by Christopher8

Haha.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

Originally posted by Leviathonlx

Go look at the Korean Aion site?

Are you serious?

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

The magazine is nothing but an item shop disguised as news. Fact is: we are longing for news for months now, and when the devs, CMs announce something to be told to us, the magazine appears. So we are to pay for news now. Great stuff. I am pretty sure those dyes and stuff will reappear with each issue, because they want to sell consumables (dyes, food) for real cash like the valantine packs. It is a plain dumb method to earn even more money, but since enough people are willing to pay, so they will go on and on and...

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by etikilam

Originally posted by IceAge

Ever use the item broker? All those people selling thousands of materials are bots, buddy. Botters are still around in force, as are their gold selling counter parts. They have just stopped wasting their time making accounts to spam 24/7.

Absolutly correct. They gather the hell out of themselves, because of really bad game design (i.e. using LOADS of resources for high level crafting) they can sell ores and woods and aethers for more kinah, than mob grinding with surprisingly bad drop rates would ever generate. You don't believe it? Just look at the names of the gatherers or those who sell hundreds of stuff in the auction houses...

Oh btw, all those hacked accounts are because of RMT guys as well. Don't believe a second they are gone...

• AernisimmAernisimm Member Posts: 14

Are you serious?

I would be.  This is the latest 'teaser' from Korea.  Note:  They are on the same game patch as the western market is.  So yes, they have the exact same content as we do.  Their next patch will be 1.9.   This is the teaser for 2.0:

http://aion.plaync.co.kr/board/tazz/view?articleID=126&page=

We don't know when the content will be released in Korea and, when it does, it will then take time to be brought over to the western market.  Some guesses place the 'new content' (if it is free, there was talk of it being a paid expansion) at the end of 2010.

As for the people saying that the kinah spam, bots, and kinah sellers being a thing of the past:  that's exaggeration at its best.  There are still plenty of bots, some people get whispers on an almost hourly basis (or more often) from 'polite' kinah sellers, there are kinah advertising private stores in all major locations, there are kinah spammers in the channels..  It's all there. 

When you play outside of the support hours the spam starts to pile up.  When you play during supported hours the kinah spam is pretty minimal. 

Oh, and for those saying that the items from the magazine don't give any advantage:  the wings do.  They are an in-game item that give the players who get them a distinct advantage over those who do not have them.

• I really wish they would they would stop messing about with, double xp weekends, magazines and stupid paid services and fix the levelling issue.  Then they wouldnt have to subsidise the game with these things, people like me would return.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

The main problems for this is that all the items you can "purchase" online are for a SINGLE CHARACTER. That's just stupid. The game encourages (I dare say forces) multiple characters for things like the Daeva armor set yet all the nickel and dime crap they are pulling are 1 character only.

Highway robbery. Pure greed on NCSoft's part. Until they give items to all characters on an account I won't fall for any of this company supported RMT nonsense.

Also this "magazine" is nothing more than some password protected webpage. It's not even a PDF that looks like a magazine.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

true about the 2x, this thing hurt the economy then help to lvl, but I don't care much, because I have at least some equips so I can kill easily any lvl rusher I come across.

people complain about the grind and xp gain, and I alwyas come here and ask where is the damn grind part? where is the slow lvling speed? only time I take a lot of time to lvl as on 49, and that because I stoped to do SR and other instances and dregion because I was faming calydons for the coin quest (that is a grind this one you can complain but still easy enough).

too much 2xp events, the gold seller and bots depend on the server the one I play its almost free, if you server have mroe then ir means people are still buying gold from then, one reason we get a lot of phishing is because a lot of bots are banned, also other motive any moron who pm me to sell gold was a ticket open telling the name of the seller and the time.

issues I can see with the ncsoft way of do things, trying to get any kind of money selling items over the sub price (with it should be banned,  they raised the xp you can get from quests and kills but they didn't change the drop so we get less drops /kinah over time so its need a fix a raise in the same amount of the xp gain,

i'm already paying a sub so I don't see a damn RMT market here, if I wanted a Cash shop game I would play another for free), and when people still pay for dyes who should be in game they will push for more yesterday was just potions and some fluffy items, now is more flufly items and a wing who gives you a 60 seg wing with of course you can buy it for 11M from a npc, so its almost like you give 11M to the player who is paying for that damn magazine, now I wonder what they will sell tomorrow, weapons? enchants? or just more flufly items who give you 2m of flight plus 200hp and mp? maybe a potion who make you invencible for 30 sec? when people just pay whatever they toss on then they will keep tossing more and more things till they push things to a certain degree and break the game

if they make dyes be craftable in cooking or hand craft and just charge for server transfers and the plastic ticket maybe things will improve, or maybe I should join the mob train and after FF14 or tera or yet SWOR come out I leave aion behind, a pity a good game being killed by the creator greed, when will people learn?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Originally posted by Aernisimm

Are you serious?

I would be.  This is the latest 'teaser' from Korea.  Note:  They are on the same game patch as the western market is.  So yes, they have the exact same content as we do.  Their next patch will be 1.9.   This is the teaser for 2.0:

http://aion.plaync.co.kr/board/tazz/view?articleID=126&page=

We don't know when the content will be released in Korea and, when it does, it will then take time to be brought over to the western market.  Some guesses place the 'new content' (if it is free, there was talk of it being a paid expansion) at the end of 2010.

As for the people saying that the kinah spam, bots, and kinah sellers being a thing of the past:  that's exaggeration at its best.  There are still plenty of bots, some people get whispers on an almost hourly basis (or more often) from 'polite' kinah sellers, there are kinah advertising private stores in all major locations, there are kinah spammers in the channels..  It's all there. 

When you play outside of the support hours the spam starts to pile up.  When you play during supported hours the kinah spam is pretty minimal. 

Oh, and for those saying that the items from the magazine don't give any advantage:  the wings do.  They are an in-game item that give the players who get them a distinct advantage over those who do not have them.

Thank you for providing some clarity. I was mistaken and stand corrected.

Were they not at one time ahead of us? For some reason I recall the Korean version being some patches ahead of us. However, I could be wrong.