Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's me again, asking about the AA slider :)

joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

Hola!

Well I saw a post when i first logged into MMORPG and it was about EQ2and i replied to it.  well anyway long story short, i got interested on how EQ2 is on the pvp server side.

The AA slider they introduced back in GU53? well it only went to 50% on the pvp server.  there was some peeps(me and some others) upset about that since they said nothing of the sort that it would be only set to 50% on the game update notes.  But like anyhting in a game or business.  if enough peple complain bout it, it Might get changed

SO. . . have they allowed the AA experience slider on PVP servers(well server now) to goto 100% or at the very least 75% conversion rate?

pls let me know as I cannot post in the EQ2 forums(you need an active account)

thanx for the info peeps

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Comments

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Why would you want there to be 100% AA xp?  Sounds silly at first, but if you do that you're effectively allowing for super twinks.

Woohoo if you're the twink... but if you think about the health of a pvp server you're adding more and more reasons why someone wouldn't want to join.

(Not to mention the rampant cheating).

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

angier.  most may agree with you.  but not me.

in the pvp server realm if your gonna be efective in pvp, especially as you level9not just end game pvp) your gonna have to keep your AA points maxxed for ur level(3 points for every 2 levels so a level 12 character can use 18 AA points)

in order to do this, your going to have to half your character's level progression.  you do this by turning off Quest experience and combat experience.  Now when you do this, your character will not get regular experience when he/she completes a quest.  but he will get AA experience.  And when you have combat experience turned off, you will get no experience for killing mobs.

most "twinks" have these two options turned off, so that they do not level.  and the only way they gain experience is by PVP, which i am sad to say will take them quite long considering there is a pvp level restriction in EQ2.  so effectivlly there is already a way to keep your character at his level.  now if we would have the AA exp converter goto 100%, i'm pretty sure the same rules would apply.  as in the converter does not convert PVP exp into AA exp(at least it didn't when i came back for a short stint after GU53 went active)

the main reason why i want this instituted is the fact, i Hate being made to do something.  and to keep your AA maxxed out, you have to do a TON of quests, and quite frankly, they get Really boring after a while.

I really like EQ2 but not enough to do all those horrendous quests over and over again for my chars.

it'll prolly happen, so hence why i came on here to ask about it :)

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

So it's not fun for you, but it's okay that it leads to more lowbie ganking (ie not fun for a lot of people)?  If you make the barriers to entry high enough all you'll have to play with is the hardcore super twinks..(not that many of you)

There was a very ironic post on the vanguard forums where this guy was whining that he has no one to play with on the pvp server... and in his sig it had a screen shot of him bragging that he camped a guy so much he stopped playing.

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

So it's not fun for you, but it's okay that it leads to more lowbie ganking (ie not fun for a lot of people)? If you make the barriers to entry high enough all you'll have to play with is the hardcore super twinks..(not that many of you)

Did you even read my reply? 1. There are ways in the game presently to halt your char's level progression, except Via PvP(and trying to lvl via PvP takes a LONG time).  2. What i am asking for will not totally eliminate level progression, but will give the peeps who feel as i do another way to earn the much coveted AA points. If i had it my way, you would earn double points for pvp kills, as they are a player and not a computer.  But all I'm asking about is if they had made the AA conversion bar goto 100% on pvp servers

Do you play on the PvP server Angier?  if you do, have they made it to where you can put the slider to 100%

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by Angier2758

So it's not fun for you, but it's okay that it leads to more lowbie ganking (ie not fun for a lot of people)?  If you make the barriers to entry high enough all you'll have to play with is the hardcore super twinks..(not that many of you)

There was a very ironic post on the vanguard forums where this guy was whining that he has no one to play with on the pvp server... and in his sig it had a screen shot of him bragging that he camped a guy so much he stopped playing.

Sorry for barging in, but you wouldnt happen to have a link to that thread would you? =D

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.