Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Direct x 9 VS 10

WaveyWavey Member UncommonPosts: 11

Hi everyone.

I recently downloaded Conan and am currently on the trial. I have the ability to run the game in both direct x 9 and 10, however with some limitations. I was wondering peoples opinions, etc.

With Direct X 9 I can run the game with every setting maxxed to the full, including the distances, and have a fps of 50+

With Direct X 10 I can run under the default high settings, and it looks nice, however my fps hovers around 30 -20.

Is it worth sacrificing some fps for a better visual quality, or am I really not missing much?

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

I'd take the FPS, especially in an action-oriented game like AoC. DX10 is nice, but it's just the icing on the cake and your life won't suddenly end if you don't have it.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Play with Dx10, 30 FPS is playable. You might want to lower some settings for some extreme PvP, or raids, but thats the only case when FPS drops and it matters (well, main cities also, but no fighting there) 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Try Dx 10 and then tweek the Dx 10 settings. I found that I get good enough fps if I max most settings..then un-check occlusion under the dx10 settings. the occlusion sometimes looks good but seems to cause a lot of fluttering of shadows...it looks particularly bad on building corners..stairs..and various edges..plus it really affects performance..imo. I don't have a terrible rig...but the occlusion setting still drops my  fps considerably.