Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back to Vanguard!

ElquinElquin Member UncommonPosts: 47

I took a long break from Vanguard due to money issues and family matters... from that time I kind of figured I should move forward and try other games instead of limiting myself to one game.  I've tried various free to play games and few P2P, but nothing quite held my attention...

After my long and overdue break... I am finally returning to vanguard!  It's installing as we speak and hearing the music of vanguard in the background is truly exciting!  The adventures had and adventures awaiting!  I've never played a game so open and full of life!  I am truly excited to come home.

Playing- GWII.
Played-VSoH, EQII, DF, PotBS, AC2, UO, AO, FFXI, WoW, EQII, DDO, KO, VSoH, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, GB, SWG, TR.

Comments

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

I would be interested to know what the population is like.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Well, have fun.  I would join you too if it didn't look like it was going to close within a year.  After the news of them shelving all the projects they were working on for the game I said bye bye. 

• ElquinElquin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Margulis

Well, have fun.  I would join you too if it didn't look like it was going to close within a year.  After the news of them shelving all the projects they were working on for the game I said bye bye. 

It takes members to keep a game going... I'm definitely willing to subscribe and give my support for this gem.  Even at it's state a year back, it's one of the best games I've known, to date.  I'm truly hoping it keeps on going... It will be a sad day if Vanguard were to close up shop.

Playing- GWII.
    Played-VSoH, EQII, DF, PotBS, AC2, UO, AO, FFXI, WoW, EQII, DDO, KO, VSoH, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, GB, SWG, TR.

Originally posted by Adoni

I would be interested to know what the population is like.

I will report on the population shortly... still installing.  ;p

Playing- GWII.

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I'm interested to know how it is too. I don't have high hopes but I would love to be surprised.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

I was pleasantly surprised actually.  I logged onto my 50 Ranger last night to see what I can do about making up that 5 level gap with the cap raise ;p  I didn't have much luck besides solo quests that were added, but hey... it was about 2am EST so I wasn't too worried.  I decided to log onto my 25 Disciple and played through the night knocking out solo quests with ease.

I logged in today around 9am EST on my Ranger and right away I found a group in Magi hold where I was camped for the night.  We went along doing some quests and we were met by a few other groups and ended up competing for spawns.  I was happy with this, though... Just enough groups in Magi hold to show there's still life in VG, but not too many where it's impossible to finish quests.  It's looking good so far... I will say, though... Not sure I'm entirely happy with the Ranger changes.  I guess it's something I have to re-learn.  I was very happy playing my Disciple... I'm glad I have the ability to change between different alts.  Each class is so unique that this game promises something new all the time.

Playing- GWII.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by Margulis

play it while its there ? :P

heh well I too like to "commit" to an MMO dont get me wrong ;)