Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player - which class?

Hope this is the proper place to ask.

I've played the beta and a bit into release, got bored fast however. With the reports that the game has improved a lot, I've picked up a trial and am planning to resub for a month or so. Question is, after all the overhauls and fixes, which melee class is the most fun/least broken atm? I'm looking mainly for a good soloing class for lvling/some dungeon runs, no raiding/pvp.

Back in the day I had a conq, which was initially fun in Tortage but grew stale around lvl 40. Been thinking about either a barb or assassin, but word on forums has it barbs are pretty much broken, using the same 2 combos over and over and there's supposedly a lack of appropriate armor drops while lvling. So maybe an assasin - how do those fare in solo play? I've heard there were some recent changes to that class.

Which of the two would people suggest? Or should I pick something different?

Comments

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

After the fix I hear sins are good now. Still squicy and you will die alot bc of this. 

Myself found HoX easier to play to max than sin; but thats mainly taste. 

If you have the effort and stayerwill you might like barb. Some of the best players I have seen plays barb so its possible to do good; its just harder:)

Try alittle. Find your kind of playstyle in AoC and keep going at that.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Dark Templar has seen alot of love thrown its way and you cant loose with a bear shaman! Rangers, necros,and assasins are still good at pvp. Play what you like based on your play style.

(BBBBBBBWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH raises plunger in salute to Conan who now uses plungers in combat!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Bear Shaman is a great class, I've enjoyed it very much. Also the improvements on Sin make the class fantastic from what I hear.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

HoX was my favorite class when i played, Ranger was alot of fun too loved how that class was on there being able to track a single person anywhere in the zone you're in.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

play the class you like most they all got some fixes.

sins was the was the most broken class but got alot of fixes lately that made sins playable. from what ive heard they are still foccusing on sins.

Bear Shaman is a great class  not the easiest one but once you master the class you will have a great time!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Casters and mellee play totally different...

Mellee is more fun in PvE (personal opinion)

Casters is easier and therefor better in PvP for most.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

PVP: Sin was revamped recently so it's a FOTM atm.

PVE: I've played all classes and Barbarian has been the most fun for leveling no contest.

Playing a caster is a snoozefest PVE or PVP, but that's just me, I'm  melee in every MMO.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

I always personally liked the Necromancer in AoC.  Mainly due to the fact that they could summon their own army of the dead instead of just one undead minion like necromancers in other MMORPGs.  They are the closest to the necromancer class in Diablo 2, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

For melee, the two classes that I liked were the Bear Shaman and the Barbarian.  Course, the last time I played was over a year ago, so I may have to give the game another go.