Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've played the trial for 3 weeks now, and still am entertained, buying the game.

MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

I've literally played the trial for 3 weeks trying to decide whether or not I want to purchase this game. Then it hit me, if I am having this much fun JUST playing the trial, and getting this much entertainment for this long...why am I not playing the game? I will be purchasing the 60 dollar trial upgrade pack, which gives me 6 months, the primary game purchase, and extra items all for 60 dollars. :) I am pretty excited to have finally found a game that gives me as much enjoyment as SWG did before it was ruined. I always want to urge other people to try this game out, it is spectacular, and has improved GREATLY since release.

Comments

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

You have only played the best part of the game, it get much worse. I had 2 accounts for a few months and couldn't stand it anymore. I tried it again a few months ago and it is still terrible.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Im glad to see all of this posts lately about this games improve.

Gratz for you to have found a game that entertains you and I hope this can push some more ppl to trial this game out

• YamaedaYamaeda Member Posts: 22

I really loved the first 20 levels with all the spoken dialog and such, but once you leave Tortage it's silent. Would be nice if they had some dummy-words, like simlish. Still it's an impressive and beautiful game, so good luck to you.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by Yamaeda
    I really loved the first 20 levels with all the spoken dialog and such, but once you leave Tortage it's silent. Would be nice if they had some dummy-words, like simlish. Still it's an impressive and beautiful game, so good luck to you.

Originally posted by tankage
    You have only played the best part of the game, it get much worse. I had 2 accounts for a few months and couldn't stand it anymore. I tried it again a few months ago and it is still terrible.

I know that Tortage is the best part of the game, but I have definitely done my homework. After making the mistake of purchasing Aion I will not be making it again. I understand that the voice acting disappears after level 20 (besides in story line quests) which I have to say are the only ones I care about. Also from what I understand a buttload of content has been added to the game to take you all the way to 80, it doesn't just stop at level 55 anymore. Also, may I add, I've played MMOs for about 10 years or so now, so I could say I am quite seasoned, and no MMO I've played has even attempted voice acting for EVERY quest. So I can deal without the voice acting... I do agree it is a beautiful game, and I can say the combat system alone is enough to entertain somebody. Though the beautiful landscapes and interesting storyline quests are nice perks.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

dont now if they changed it but when you leave tortage at lvl 20 the next story line quests is at lvl 30.

Originally posted by Onigod
    dont now if they changed it but when you leave tortage at lvl 20 the next story line quests is at lvl 30.

Yah they haven't changed that unfortunately, its 30, 50, 70

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

The only fault I see in the game now is the fact that you need to wait until level 40 to craft.

Otherwise it's awesome.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Haha, ya that and the fact that i can't read my lifgt meter.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I started on the free trial mid-Dec and finally went to a paid sub just a week and a few ago.  Checked out some of the servers, different classes and then after settling on what I wanted, leveled up and finished all Tortage had to offer and opened up the mainland part just yesterday.

It is a fun game and has numerous quests, although not all the regions seem to be created equally.  That's not such a problem since you can go anywhere and do any of the quests. 

As a quest junkie that's really how I rate a game and while I've found some to be 'go here - fetch that' type, most seem to be enjoyable little stories that surprisingly weave together at times.

Now there are those that tried the game and disliked it.  For them; as many others have said, the game is only now where it should have been at launch.  If Funcom follows through on their plans, it'll only get better.  That really only applies to the PvE side of the house.  Pvp and the Pvp servers I think will remain the same.  Oh they'll get improvements and they do get the same PvE stuff everyone gets, but the servers alone seem to defeat themselves.  It's Pvp for the kill count and xp which promotes load in zone and rez point camping which just drives newer players away.  If that single point could be changed then I really think both sides of the game could shine.

Originally posted by Yamaeda

I've always heard this and it's probably 99.9% true but I just today ran into a non-Destiny quest mission in Khemi that was fully voiced.  Guy on the pier was looking for his friend.   It's almost like Funcom had set up the outline of full game VO's since you have full VO in Tortage, this one I found, some with partial and most standard click and read.  I doubt if they'll ever go back and full VO the game at this point since it's the least of thier problems but it would be nice and with the game broken up into different zones, it could be done just like Turbine re-did the LotRO zones - a couple at a time.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The game was supposed to have full voice overs and have Tortage Quallity... but they ran out of funds..

The main reason why MMO's are sold unfinished anf half way through develoment is preasure from the financial world.  They run out of funds and need to sell boxes to get money to either pay their funders part of their money back or to finish part of the development.

Juts wished that someone could make an mmo on an unlimited budget... and sell the game when its stable and all imprtant feautures are finished.

Just imagine hoe great this game would have been if it would have been released this month totally finished with voice acting for all 80 levels...  Lets hope they do more voice acting in the expansion pack

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

me and my wife recently subbed, and we are loving it. 

It is a nice new experience for us, as we've played most of the other mmos out there, and were rdy for something new (new to us)

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The game was supposed to have full voice overs and have Tortage Quallity... but they ran out of funds..

The main reason why MMO's are sold unfinished anf half way through develoment is preasure from the financial world.  They run out of funds and need to sell boxes to get money to either pay their funders part of their money back or to finish part of the development.

Juts wished that someone could make an mmo on an unlimited budget... and sell the game when its stable and all imprtant feautures are finished.

Just imagine hoe great this game would have been if it would have been released this month totally finished with voice acting for all 80 levels...  Lets hope they do more voice acting in the expansion pack

Actually, the game was never meant to be full VO as this was a special for Tortage and the story that started there, thats all really. FC never ran out of money, but I guess someone (owners? bosses?) wanted some income, not only expenses for several years...sadly!

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    Originally posted by MisterSr

I've literally played the trial for 3 weeks trying to decide whether or not I want to purchase this game. Then it hit me, if I am having this much fun JUST playing the trial, and getting this much entertainment for this long...why am I not playing the game? I will be purchasing the 60 dollar trial upgrade pack, which gives me 6 months, the primary game purchase, and extra items all for 60 dollars. :) I am pretty excited to have finally found a game that gives me as much enjoyment as SWG did before it was ruined. I always want to urge other people to try this game out, it is spectacular, and has improved GREATLY since release.

I just bought it today also. I am on EU server.