Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game...

DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

...is a piece of shit. OK, let's say I HAVEN'T played it before, but by determining by the ads and doing some research, it turns out this game is ran by a bunch of hackers and gold famers (and sellers), which basically violates their own ToS. Pretty sad, huh? The best part about it is that you can't make any mules! NO MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS, apparently! Yeah, I guess this game is pretty shitty and it isn't worth playing.

I hope this game closes down in a couple of months. The ads are REALLY disturbing and annoying, and the company probably is making enough money to run the game, anyways, unless there are 7-year-olds buying subscriptions or mall items or whatever.

Comments

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Did you honestly expect a good game? Their advertising is clearly there to draw men in rather than keep them playing.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

No... I never expected anything. I never had an interest in this game or the ads. Apparently this company is REALLY desperate. I just want them to die, that's all.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621
    Originally posted by tehikk

Did you honestly expect a good game? Their advertising is clearly there to draw men in rather than keep them playing.

You got to be one horny 12-year old to fall for that.

Or one lonely 32-year old.

Either way, these are people that won't be missed in other games, glad there's a consumer trap for them.

• IthilidIthilid Member Posts: 1

They have a few normal ads but the more 'offensive' are prevalent.

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

They hacked my friends email so they could spam all his contacts with their shitty advertisements

• banecrowbanecrow Member UncommonPosts: 93

Yeah game gets boring fast. But you are wrong about the multipul acconts, I had 3 for the short time I played. Just had to create them using different e-mail addreses.

If it's true that they hack accounts, the creators need to be arrested and sued...

Just like to say that I had a shot at playing this game like a week ago late at night. I can totally understand why people spend so much money on this game and it's addicting to them. The reason is pretty obvious, you build your own little "kingdom" and level up each of the buildings. However, in order to upgrade or build a new building, it will take some time, and Evony decided to "help" people by making it so you can "buy time" so you don't have to wait. Each time you upgrade your building, it will take longer. To help this, they have more items sold for real money to help you wait a shorter time. And so, people waste their money on this bullshit.

Addicting, what? You may question that at first, but once you get it, you may find yourself obsessed with the game because you want to have the best kingdom, though it requires way too much money to be the best, you'll find yourself waiting there for your building to level up and stuff. It can be addicting, if you chose for it to.

Watch out, and don't fall for the big trap.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by DerekHarumi

...is a piece of shit. OK, let's say I HAVEN'T played it before, but by determining by the ads and doing some research, it turns out this game is ran by a bunch of hackers and gold famers (and sellers), which basically violates their own ToS. Pretty sad, huh? The best part about it is that you can't make any mules! NO MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS, apparently! Yeah, I guess this game is pretty shitty and it isn't worth playing.

I hope this game closes down in a couple of months. The ads are REALLY disturbing and annoying, and the company probably is making enough money to run the game, anyways, unless there are 7-year-olds buying subscriptions or mall items or whatever.

It appears that said hackers, gold farmers, and sellers can't code worth shit then.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• teknicianteknician Member UncommonPosts: 270

Evony is a huge time and money sink if you get hooked.  I played for a while and had several account and admit to spending a few dollars.  I wound up rage quitting over an alliance fallout and I realized I didn't need the stress from a game that I was supposed to be playing on the side when I was taking breaks from raiding or other games.