Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lookin for a space simulation game

2»

Comments

• rellorello Member Posts: 186

air rivals?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by joojoo1975

Yea Jumpgate was my first MMO.  but what i didn't like was the fact it's all about just shooting and stuff, nothing breaks down until your dead.  then . . .well your dead, riding your lifepod back to the station.  And vendetta online I've tried twice, when it first came out, and about a year ago.  Still couldn't get into a Space shooter that's A LOT like Jumpgate except for the fact that VO doesn't use shields. . . A Space sim without Shields??  Anyhoo.  I DID find my CD of Terminus and I'm playing it when WoW is Slow(basically use the dungeon finder and if it's more than 10 miutes, i'll play on Terminus for a while)

What I Really Wish was that they took Starfleet command 3 and made it into a MMO.  Yea i still Have SFC3 installed on my comp, and currently twiddle around with the generations at war mod.  but considering the game has basically 10 missions that you do over and over again and in fact everything dealing with that game is basically the same thing over and over again(ship V ship fighting in all aspects)  it gets pretty boring.
         I mean if they would take SFC3 and added mining, transporting, and exploring aspects to it.  you would have more diversity.  but SFC3 was never meant to be that from the vanallia standpoint.  but how you did battle was Sweet.  it was what i am looking for.  not like a fast paced shoot a ship till he goes boom.  you had "strategy".  do i take out his warpdrive(which supplies power to everything) or do i take out his engines.  do i target his sensors(which makes it harder for him to hit me) or do i blast his cloaking device right when he tries to cloak.  Like i said, if they had a SFC3 MMO. . . i would deffinantly be watching it(basically like i'm watching STO atm)

was hoping that was what sto was going to be, but oh well

closest i've found is earth and beyond but it's closer to wow than eve enb-emulator.com/index.php so will wait and see what they charge when it goes live

other than that there is a browser based space rpg/shooter called dark orbit, can't say i lasted more than a few minutes in it though

bounty bay was quite close if you don't mind sailing ships rather than starships