Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about PLEX

gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Do you use it to play for free? If so, how do you pull in enough isk to pay for a PLEX card and still have time to do other activities within the game? Just curious. I've played EVE off and on for a while and am tempted to come back, although I am also trying to save some money at the moment. I'd be alright paying once, but I'd rather to pay for the game's monthly rate via PLEX cards instead of dollars. So does anybody have any advice for me? Thanks.

Comments

• ndodgendodge Member UncommonPosts: 55

it's fairly easy later in the game. all it would take is a few level 4 missions a week, a romp through a WH, null ratting/complexes, cosmos sites, research, trade or industry skills, a good miner, ransoming a not-so-good miner, etc. etc.

There are so many ways to make money in that game it's unreal. I geared down this february and raised enough to put 8 plexes towards haiti via their campaign. And it's only my 3rd month.

I play in a sandbox.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by gingus418
    Do you use it to play for free? If so, how do you pull in enough isk to pay for a PLEX card and still have time to do other activities within the game? Just curious. I've played EVE off and on for a while and am tempted to come back, although I am also trying to save some money at the moment. I'd be alright paying once, but I'd rather to pay for the game's monthly rate via PLEX cards instead of dollars. So does anybody have any advice for me? Thanks.

How is one making ISK is pretty much trade secret unless they grind for them.

At least it is for me because if I tell people, I won't be making any :)

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

At the moment, a PLEX is ~260 million ISK. Making 9M a day is a pretty easy amount - assuming that you play every day. How many hours a month do you see yourself playing? If you're playing for 3-4 hours 5x a week, you should easily be able to support yourself just by ratting or missioning. If you find you have an aptitude for things like trading, industry, or invention, you can make billions.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Let's say that I had time to play maybe 1-2 hours per session and could play 3-4 times per week. Would there be a way to support myself with only playing such a small amount of time?

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by gingus418

Let's say that I had time to play maybe 1-2 hours per session and could play 3-4 times per week. Would there be a way to support myself with only playing such a small amount of time?

Yes - eventually. Assuming you got good at trading or manufacturing, then no problem. But that would take a while to set up and get the working capital for.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Well, last time I checked I had around 60mil isk sitting on my character. Would that be enough to get something started?