Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like it's true: SOE making another Star Wars MMO

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

No announcement has officially been made, but this has showen up on Station Launcher when you sub to an SOE game:

You might remember that there was a rumour going around towards the end of last year that stated that SOE is possibly making a Clone Wars MMO in the same style as Free Realms.

Comments

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

How can that be? I thought Lucas Arts banned them from making another Star Wars game?

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by ironfungus

How can that be? I thought Lucas Arts banned them from making another Star Wars game?

why? Lucas would do anything for money these days. ANd they never said noone else could make a star wars game

• fuzzi1983fuzzi1983 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Old news...its a kids MMO like free Realms

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

So after what they did to SWG, why would most customers come back to another Star Wars mmo made by teh same company?

• Sirocc0Sirocc0 Member Posts: 7

Just verified it myself, it's definitely showing under the games offered.

It appears based on this articlehttp://www.massively.com/2009/09/04/rumor-soe-to-launch-casual-browser-mmo-for-clone-wars/ that it is of the same ilk as Free Realms.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

why would anyone buy a lucas product then by your logic, since they also had a hand in the nge?

• ashfallenashfallen Member Posts: 186

Lucas Arts only speaking one language... $.

This wouldnt supprise me after reading they will rerelease all 6 movies ala 3-D avatar crap.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Sirocc0

It appears based on this articlehttp://www.massively.com/2009/09/04/rumor-soe-to-launch-casual-browser-mmo-for-clone-wars/ that it is of the same ilk as Free Realms.

Yep, that would be the rumour I was referring to :)

This game does indicate that LA doesn't hold an grudges with SOE in regards to SWG ;)

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Obraik

This game does indicate that LA doesn't hold an grudges with SOE in regards to SWG ;)

LA is at least 50% responsible for the NGE, so that would make sense.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

It is Lucasarts' who should be banned from it's own games, most of us know where the "iconic class system" was thought up.

As for Clone Wars... ugh, it had to be that franchise? (not interested)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• PabswikkPabswikk Member Posts: 108

At least my 10 year old cousin will be happy.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

That's what most on these forums wanted to believe, because it was easier to believe that LucasArts was just an innocent victim as well, heh.  That claim was never actually made by anyone official, however.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Pabswikk

At least my 10 year old cousin will be happy.

Heh, companies think that kids have disposable income, but they don't - the parents do... and a lot of kids of parents between 25-40 who *are* gamers and are not likely to give them money to spend in a cash-shop. Free Realms seems to be doing fine though. (yes, I'm guessing it will be a f2p model)

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Sirocc0

Yep, that would be the rumour I was referring to :)

Of course LA doesn't hold a grudge. LA helped push out the NGE when they did. SOE and LA both realize the mistake and it will forever go down in video game history of what not to do to an MMo.

• tryionn66tryionn66 Member Posts: 11

<p>If its just a "kids" mmo then its safe ot say the LA is allowing it simply for the dollars.  Afterall Old Republic looks like its going to be the breadwinner as far as Star Wars MMO's would be concerned</p>