Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Do you Expect To Happen In Runescape in 2010?

ZacruneZacrune Member Posts: 126
I heard there was a new skill- and im waiting for it-

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Please post this on the runescape forums instead.

I'm actually looking forward to jagex's new game, one of my most anticipated game to say the least.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

I expect the game to fail harder then ever as jagex continues to speed toward that inevitable cliff of runescape getting abandoned by the developers.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Zacrune

I heard there was a new skill- and im waiting for it-

New skill? There have been rumors of sailing since 2008. Unless they can introduce a totally new way of doing things and a less repetitive process, forget about new skills and concentrate on grinding out your current skill.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

New skill, new quests (tying up some storylines and beginning new ones), at least one new Grandmaster Quest, some new features to level and improve high-level skills (80+), and more attacks on one of the only half-decent sandboxes out there (as evidenced already in the first 4 posts of this thread, right?).

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Comnitus

New skill, new quests (tying up some storylines and beginning new ones), at least one new Grandmaster Quest, some new features to level and improve high-level skills (80+), and more attacks on one of the only half-decent sandboxes out there (as evidenced already in the first 4 posts of this thread, right?).

It's the most popular browser MMO. What more do you want?

You said: new skill?

What new skill? No new skill has been released yet. Let's summarize:

A new patch, a lousy Q and A from the audio team, another yet exp+++++ update for the grinders-the only class you could play as in RS.

Don't believe me? Try to actually play the game instead of typing out things that don't exist(yet).

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Please post this on the runescape forums instead.

I'm actually looking forward to jagex's new game, one of my most anticipated game to say the least.

Heh, most likely a rehashed version of the canceled mechscape.  I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by Comnitus

Runescape a sandbox? rofl lmfao. Please learn what a sandbox game is, as Runescape is about as sandbox as WoW. That "grandmaster quest" had the same gamplay value and length as a short master quest. The only difference was the title of "grandmaster" which nomads requiem did not deserve.

The new features that you're talking about were very small ones and older updates used to have about 10-20 times the content that was added in those small recent upgrades.

More attacks? Are you talking about those failed spells they came out with in magic?

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Zacrune, yes the new skill is out - 'Dungeoneering' - oh no it's a minigame, no it's what Gabby-air wanted as another jagex game but it failed so they stuck it in Runescape to stuff up all their games.

Yes this seems to be what happened to Mechscape, it was a total failure that so few would ever play. Now it's stuck in Runescape it makes the point of playing Runescape long term bit by bit a wasted lot of time. Jagex will shurely have ruined this game of ours lots more again, a lvl120 skill thats harder to gain experience than any skill before and needing 104m experience to max it out - after 8 years playing I have about 92m experince, so how long would it take me for all 99s except Dung-flinging and lets forget Dung-flinging even exists.

Maybe now i'll finally quit too as I always said one game was enough - to jam a second game into our game makes playing so worthless but I live in hope everyone will go to forums and upset them with complaints to remove that disgrace.

• Elitekill4Elitekill4 Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Jalice888

Zacrune, yes the new skill is out - 'Dungeoneering' - oh no it's a minigame, no it's what Gabby-air wanted as another jagex game but it failed so they stuck it in Runescape to stuff up all their games.

Yes this seems to be what happened to Mechscape, it was a total failure that so few would ever play. Now it's stuck in Runescape it makes the point of playing Runescape long term bit by bit a wasted lot of time. Jagex will shurely have ruined this game of ours lots more again, a lvl120 skill thats harder to gain experience than any skill before and needing 104m experience to max it out - after 8 years playing I have about 92m experince, so how long would it take me for all 99s except Dung-flinging and lets forget Dung-flinging even exists.

Maybe now i'll finally quit too as I always said one game was enough - to jam a second game into our game makes playing so worthless but I live in hope everyone will go to forums and upset them with complaints to remove that disgrace.

Have you even tried the new skill?

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Like most of my friends that are trying to keep playing, yes I did for one attempt in a few levels with party people low lvl running too fast to kill everything and failing to investigate whats in each part. Clearly non-skillers that won't play long take control and make a mess in there. The only ones to benefit best are the lesser number of teams that play runescape as compared to years ago. Over 2.5 hrs on I got 4 levels with about 614 experience when to max this you need 104m experince. Jagex claim when logging in that pre-Dung era was 65k hours of playing so with Dung thrown in you add another 25-30k hours to play a totally different game simply to try to get all skills up equally.

Bugger that, get lost jagex. I paid to play so will use that up to see what changes. No change with removing Dung i'm more likely to simply quit then. At least there's always F2P simply to keep in touch with friends if any of them stay on.

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

I hope Jagex can release they're sci-fi MMO this year ... I'm looking forward to that. I've seriously outplayed RuneScape - must've spent like 400 hours in it ages ago :P

• jp-skate122jp-skate122 Member Posts: 3

they will continue ignoring thewir customers...

• Pain_K1llerPain_K1ller Member Posts: 7

The new duegoning is quite fun if you have some friend with you, not if there are more than 5 though.

Perfect site if you want to grab free ultimate game card lol