Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for something new, maybe

tryionn66tryionn66 Member Posts: 11

I just got done playing WAR and I want a new MMO something perhaps that doesn't require the 'attention' that WAR did.  What I mean by that is something I can play a hour or so a night when I'm not  busy and feel like I got something done.  I have played many MMO's and right now cant decide if there is something new out there I want to play or an old love I want to reconnect with.

I have played EQ, DaoC, FFXI, WoW, Vanguard, and WAR.

I have thought about picking up FFXI, WoW or EQ again.  I loved a little part of each game.  However i quit each of them as i played them for years and go sick of them.

FFXI i know is a painful game to play sometimes but i am looking for a game that I can just slowly work my way to where i want to be.  Just enjoy playing and bettering my character  The same goes for EQ

WoW was a second favorite game of mine and i loved every bit of it before BC, after BC i felt lost becasue i felt like the past 2 years of earning my "place" was all gone and i had to start over.  The pvp was fun however im not sure the state of the game anymore.  

Could i possibly get some feedback, pros and cons for the games, if someone plays any of the aforementioned games, are they worth coming back to as a complete noob, which i would be doing, or are their any new games out there that i might be interested in instead?

thank you very much for your time

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Guild wars would be a great choice.

• tryionn66tryionn66 Member Posts: 11

i totally forgot about that game lol.  i played it for like a week or so i was too into WoW at the time to give GW much thought.  That is a good option, thank you.

Whats the word on GW2

Also does anyone still play FFXI?  Is that game the same as it always was i recently found my version for the 360 with all my account info and 3 xpacs

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

Yeah going back to FFXI would be a terrible choice if you actually have less time to play.

No other game I know can suck up as much time as FFXI, it is also one of the reason I can no longer play it.  Not enough free hours in a day to continue.

Truthfully I am not even sure if MMO is even a good choice for gaming in intervals.  Good luck on your search

I should clarify that I don’t necessarily “play in intervals” but I am in college( set to graduate in the spring) so there are times when I have lots of free time when I have no work to do for like a week at a time so I have a TON of time to play, and other weeks where I will be slammed and lucky if I can even think about a game. So I am looking for something that will be friendly if I put it down for a week or two at a time and then when I have the time pick it back up.

However I am thinking that GW might work the best for me since it is F2P and I won’t feel bad not playing it for chucks of time and if I ever do pick up a P2P MMO I won’t feel bad about having them both.

40 bucks for the game with all expansions isn't too bad especially since thats where the damage ends.

• EpicLootsEpicLoots Member Posts: 12

I would go with GW if I were you. and once FF14 online comes out go with that. FFXI was great but so much time it consumes and the grainy graphics just doesnt appeal much anymore. Wow isnt too bad these days, most gears could be purchased or bought thru farming heriocs for badges and the such to trade in for epic gears. You could probably get geared in a few days. 

i think I might go with GW at least until FF14 comes out I really want ot give that game a try.  Plus like I said I won't feel bad if i put GW down for a while.  Thank you guys for the help.

I just finished downloading the trial to keep me busy until i get paid agian and can play the real thing.  anyone that plays that can give me aid/suggestions/tips would be appriciated