Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Exclusive Screenshots, Week 4

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Every Friday during the month of February, the team from Earthirse will provide us with three new screenshots from their upcoming MMO.

Check out the latest shots here.

Comments

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Hmm, a little disappointed that two shots are just different views of areas shown in previous weeks. Definitely ready for some video.

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455
    Originally posted by Harabeck

Hmm, a little disappointed that two shots are just different views of areas shown in previous weeks. Definitely ready for some video.

Indeed. I suspect that this whole series of screen shots was made at the beginning of the month from those few places.

No weapon special effects are shown either despite the action indicating that the weapons should be firing. In December the devs stated that while the art was finished the dynamic special effects were not so this is probably why. The stances look very fluid and sophisticated but I would like to see then in action now.

One does get the scale of the defensive turrets built to defend a guild territory though. That image seems to show the after effects of an attack mech being destroyed. The black streaks on the ground from that are impressive.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

I'm hesitant to call that a guild base. There is actually a crater in the ground. So either the game is waaay more awesome than even I thought (dynamic craters would be amazing), or what we see is actually part of a scripted event. I suspect it's some sort of quest area or possibly one of the common resource mines that players can defend.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Well, the game looks good enough, but these days its not hard to make a game that looks good. I'd like to see screenshots of the various UI elements, for example. The inside of buildings, etc.

I follow Earthrise quietly, from afar, but with interest =)

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Oakstead

Originally posted by Harabeck

Indeed. I suspect that this whole series of screen shots was made at the beginning of the month from those few places.

No weapon special effects are shown either despite the action indicating that the weapons should be firing. In December the devs stated that while the art was finished the dynamic special effects were not so this is probably why. The stances look very fluid and sophisticated but I would like to see then in action now.

One does get the scale of the defensive turrets built to defend a guild territory though. That image seems to show the after effects of an attack mech being destroyed. The black streaks on the ground from that are impressive.

GIMME MAH PEW PEW! I WANT MAH PEW PEW!

Hehe. I really do! Hopefully, these things shoot as cool as they look. But I'd be happy with good ol' fashioned lead.

I'm also ready for a video... maybe if we're lucky, and if we were good last year, then March will be the month of Video Fridays.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Needless to say, once again, looking forward to another mmorpg (Earthrise) that hopefully transcends the mediocrity of what we've been delivered over the course of 2009-present.

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322

I'm really getting nervous and I had high hopes. 2 of these shots are diffeent views of screens that were posted AGES ago...

Come on ER... Dont do this to me... I was actually gonna play MMo's again.

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Earthrise... a game to look forward to.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein