Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try before you slam

vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Mourning should be offering an open beta soon (crosses fingers for friday 2/18/05) and there has been alot of negative comments made about this game so far.  My suggestion is to try before you allow your opinions to be formed by the comments of others.

Check it out.

Info at: http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=97d83b485bf55d635ca175aeead7d75e&threadid=11575

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Comments

• thedrakonthedrakon Member UncommonPosts: 213
    I Totally agree with what you said.
    Mourning is coming up with a lot of new ideas, and, not like Dragon empire, they haven't stopped the production in the mid way ...
  • radlinradlin Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by vmoped

Mourning should be offering an open beta soon (crosses fingers for friday 2/18/05) and there has been alot of negative comments made about this game so far.  My suggestion is to try before you allow your opinions to be formed by the comments of others.
    Check it out.
    Info at: http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=97d83b485bf55d635ca175aeead7d75e&threadid=11575

That's great fanboi. Perhaps if you'd take off your obviously too dark of a red rose colored glasses you keep drooling at this game over, you'd notice that the link you submit is OLD info.  This is when they wanted to start open beta on February 5.  What's today? February 15 and counting so you don't have to ask someone... and still no open beta. Still no "big message" they have been promising that would be out since early February and they just keep putting it off until the next week every week. In fact, there still, even though promised, is not even any screenshots yet of the actual game client in action. I mean with the user interface showing. Health bars, inventory, etc etc. Not many battle pics at all and those that are there have to be searched hard for and are very, very old. So they have nothing to show of all they promise so close to release, huh? I mean nothing except more words about a big announcement week after week after week.

What am I saying? I am saying this: This is simply the MOST PATHETIC pre-launch of any mmo to date ever! Even the games that sucked when released (like HORIZONS) or that got canceled (like WISH) had one hundred times better pre-release information and screenshots, and movies and didn't just fill the forums acting like any questioners of their own announcements that were proven as lies were idiots.

1) Totally unprofessional PR

2) No "actual screenshots" of what the game in action looks like

3) Week after week after week of waiting for "a big announcement next week they promise"

4) No movies worth a damn (just flying through a dungeon tunnel and lame spider movements etc)

5) No idea or clue as to when the open beta will even happen, no idea of when a stress test will happen, hell no clue as to when ANYTHING will happen period on the website.

6) PR and mods and admins treating and/or banning anyone on their forums that doesn't act like a total fanboi on his knees working up his suction skills.

7) All the supposed "beta testers" that they do have are obviously not beta testing the game, but rather spend all day every day refreshing the forums every five seconds so that they can all make rude obnoxious remarks to any newbie who posts any legitimate question or doubt (even if respectfully asked)  Responses from "beta testers" such as "its in a previous forum thread from around March 2002 noob go find it" and "Go back to WoW neub." are common style responses.  This instead of actually playing the beta they are supposedly in, huh huh, suuure.

8) They are so scared of people thinking the game might be thought of as a scam they block out the word "scam" with "****" on all forum threads.

9) Both links on this very website under Mourning "links" to what used to be other websites supporting the game, are no longer valid websites about Mourning. Seems they just vanished. Hmm, wonder WHY?

10) Last but not least, the customer support for their own credit card customer service number results in a "This number is no longer in service" recorded message!  Now that is a place I'd want to give my credit card info to and be pre-paying for this game with!

Yep, I'm sure that Mourning will be out next week as promised, on every store shelf, (even though no retailers have even heard of this POS game), will kill all other mmos out there (look out WoW, EQ2, DAoC and FF11... I know they are all shaking in their boots)

This game is gonna ROCK man!     .... right down to the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

For one, nice argument by starting off with the name calling.

Two, they have announced on their website that the open beta will be one week before launch, and that launch is still planned for the 25th of february.

Three, Im not saying this game is the cats meow, just that people should check it out for themselves, rather than believing the comments of others.

Four, you seem more obsessed with seeing this game this game fail, than I have been with trying to inform people about  this game.

Five, if you hate this game so much, then why do you frequent this forum which is dedicated to this game?  If you don't like this game, then move on, you have made your thoughts clear on numerous posts already.

You obviously just want others to blindly follow your opinion and bash this game, that's fine, to each their own.  I will not resort to name calling like you to prove my point, because my point is that people should try the product while it is offered for free, and make their own opinion, rather than joining a slander wagon based on the opinions of others.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• NoldarNoldar Member Posts: 13

One week before going live they're going to stress test? Great, if they do go with that plan, we're basically going to play for beta.

E.T.B.A Team Leader

• radlinradlin Member Posts: 266

For one, nice argument by starting off with the name calling.

Oh, I haven't even begun.  I'd hate to have such a low self esteem as you seem to have to be so crushed to be called a Mourning fanboy.  You obviously are, so just be a man and admit it.

Two, they have announced on their website that the open beta will be one week before launch, and that launch is still planned for the 25th of february.

Sooo, can you honestly tell me with the 10 FACTS I have listed above about this game in it's current situation actually "believe" that an open beta will start in barely two days??    ... If you do, then my oh my.. you are even a much bigger fanboy then I thought.  Not to mention hopelessly naive.

Three, Im not saying this game is the cats meow, just that people should check it out for themselves, rather than believing the comments of others.

HAHAHA!  You're not all over this game like "white on rice" eh?  {LMAO some more}  Check it out for myself before bashing it. gotcha.  Ummm check WHAT out?  I suppose you mean all the lame screenshots most of them months or even years old and all the empty promises and the unprofessional PR on their forums.  Nothing much else to check out, so what the hell else do we have to go on there Mr Fanboi?  Hmmm?

Four, you seem more obsessed with seeing this game this game fail, than I have been with trying to inform people about  this game.

No, actually I would love to see it succeed.  But I am simply stating facts as of what is actually real and obvious with this game.  You are the one stating complete BS that you gotta know yourself isn't even true... such as the open beta will be starting Fri, Feb 18.  You aren't trying to inform people of this game, but instead are making yourself look like a rabid fanboi fool with very high "on your knees for mouring suction skills".

Five, if you hate this game so much, then why do you frequent this forum which is dedicated to this game?  If you don't like this game, then move on, you have made your thoughts clear on numerous posts already.

You obviously just want others to blindly follow your opinion and bash this game, that's fine, to each their own.  I will not resort to name calling like you to prove my point, because my point is that people should try the product while it is offered for free, and make their own opinion, rather than joining a slander wagon based on the opinions of others.

I don't frequent this forum, but when I do and I see obvious fanbois trying to hype a game that 
              is in the obvious dis-array that Mourning is, I somehow see need to be REAL about it all.

GET REAL.  

WAKE UP.

MOURNING RIGHT NOW IS IN TROUBLE.

The sooner that you realize these obvious facts, the less disappointed you'll be when they announce a very similar statement to that announced for "Wish" just   last month.  It's just a matter of time.

• NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by radlin

[...]
    Oh, I haven't even begun. I'd hate to have such a low self esteem as you seem to have to be so crushed to be called a Mourning fanboy. You obviously are, so just be a man and admit it.
    [...]

Regarding fanboism... I had a good laughter reading this thread:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/33601/setstart/1/loadclass/35

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Radlin, do you also review movies that you haven't seen?

The lamest thing on this site is people bashing games they have never played.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Well said.

Originally posted by ghoul31
    Radlin, do you also review movies that you haven't seen?
    The lamest thing on this site is people bashing games they have never played.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• TeiohTeioh Member Posts: 88

Well, I don't think you always have to watch of play something before you can pass a fairly accurate judgment. Sometimes something is so horrible you recoil from it just after seeing the preview. For example, could anyone honestly say Catwomen had even the slightest chance of being anything other than horrible.

Of course, Mourning isn't really showing any signs of being a horrible game, just having a bit of poor PR.

• DraculaineDraculaine Member Posts: 20

People may not like this game and bash it, but I'm gonna see for my self if it sucks or if it is worth the money spent to buy it.  I never go by what people say on a forum because people were saying WoW and EQ2 rocked, well I bought both of those and didn't like them and gave them away to someone else.  I like alot of the ideas this game has and am gonna stick with it till I see for myself how GOOD or BAD it is.  Anyways, that's my 2 cents on the matter.

Take Care

Drac

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by Teioh
    Well, I don't think you always have to watch of play something before you can pass a fairly accurate judgment. Sometimes something is so horrible you recoil from it just after seeing the preview. For example, could anyone honestly say Catwomen had even the slightest chance of being anything other than horrible.
    Of course, Mourning isn't really showing any signs of being a horrible game, just having a bit of poor PR.

Regarding your last statement about Mourning, I completely agree. Mourning has some very interesting concepts that would make for a cool game. Problem is, besides the sometimes immature PR team, they have next to nothing to show for the game, thus I am not really suprised they have so many critics.

While I think the game has potential, it does tend to make people suspicious when they don't have gameplay videos or even a screenshot of the HUD to show anyone this close to apparent release.

Just my thoughts.

• RPGPorksterRPGPorkster Member Posts: 77

...My suggestion is to try before you allow your opinions to be formed by the comments of others.

I totally agree too.   Check the game out before any money is signed away.

Originally posted by radlin

...This game is gonna ROCK man!     .... right down to the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.

Funny and disturbing post.

Originally posted by Teioh

...For example, could anyone honestly say Catwomen had even the slightest chance of being anything other than horrible.

Yes Cat Women was really bad a movie.

When you start looking into Mourning there are all the signs too it's a bad game.  Lets hop they can open some game resources up so people can see what's install.

• whiplashwhiplash Member Posts: 27

Mourning has a great concept, but the developers need to release more screenshot, movies, etc. I think it is going to end up becoming vaporware.

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

[quote]2) No "actual screenshots" of what the game in action looks like[/quote]

Theres literally hundreds of screenshots of the game around..  in the screenshots section , on the forums  and in 50+ IGN peeks..

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

Those screenshots are all "touched up" in photoshop, is what he's saying.

There are no screenshots of what the game *actually* looks like.

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

no they're not touched up.. keep beleiving lies..  All you have to do is watch the movies to see they are not touched up.. the screenshots look exactly the same quality as the movie clips taken in game.

http://www.realmsofkrel.com/movies/little_lost_dwarf.avi

that one video alone taken last year proves they are real in game screenshots..

""10) Last but not least, the customer support for their own credit card customer service number results in a "This number is no longer in service" recorded message!  Now that is a place I'd want to give my credit card info to and be pre-paying for this game with!""

There is no phone number like that. So how can a number that doesnt even exist be out of service?.. you moron.

go spread your lies somewhere else you loser.

Even if they aren't touched up, the screenies that are there lack content. Player interaction, being the most glaringly apparent thing.

i dont care bout that.. thats your own opinion..

no one is making anyone play any games they dont wanna play..  if you dont like a game than go play somethin you like.  why are people here  postin and making up lies...go away if you dont like something..

and doesnt this place have moderators or sumthin?

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

This game is totally piece of crap from everything we have seen so far. Mabye the fanboys should try the game before they support it::::20::

Originally posted by strouse
    i dont care bout that.. thats your own opinion..
    no one is making anyone play any games they dont wanna play.. if you dont like a game than go play somethin you like. why are people here postin and making up lies...go away if you dont like something..

That's not an opinion, it's a fact... the presence or absence of screenshots with substance is not debatable.

What exactly is so wrong about people speaking their minds that threatens you?
    Why would this situation require a moderator?

Do you play the game? If not, then on what grounds do you try to say that others' shouldn't do about Mourning. Shrubber has a good point when he says you have no grounds to say we have no grounds to voice concerns.

And I did go away, I came here to mmorpg.com to defend people that have valid concerns about the game who have been shunned by the community for raising those legitimate questions.

• whiplashwhiplash Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by strouse
    i dont care bout that.. thats your own opinion..
    no one is making anyone play any games they dont wanna play.. if you dont like a game than go play somethin you like. why are people here postin and making up lies...go away if you dont like something..

This place does have moderators, but they aren’t like the Nazi over mourning. I’ve have never seen a website that is that eager to ban someone for saying something stupid. All they had to do is make a few video or take some screenshot (something other than scenery) and they could have saved themselves this headache. But no, they resorted to banning people and now have a bigger problem on their hands.

On a plus side for them, they are getting allot of publicity. Now it may be negative, but the word is getting out.

Well, that thing about "No publicity is bad publicity" is only valid in markets with low elasticity. The MMORPG market, which has more and more substitues monthly, does not obey that "rule".

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

One of the easiest ways to spot newcomers to the MMO community is that they believe every release date announcement they read. Then they go on forums and tell others to STFU for making critical observations about the game they are currently in love with for this 5 minute period. Whilst regurgitating the marketing hype to try and prove their points...

Open Beta Slightly Delayed

Date: Feb 18, 2005 Author: Craig McGregor

Dan Antonescu - Mourning's Community Liaison Manager announced today that they will be slightly delaying the open beta test phase of the game until no earlier than March 1, 2005.  The game's release date will be delayed accordingly.

For more information, please visit this link to their forums.

You were saying fanbois ?

<wow this game really is giving my signature a work out, so much BS and so many bulls to deposit it>

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon