Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mytheon: Closed Beta Begins!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

True Games Interactive has announced that the Closed Beta for their upcoming mythology themed MMOG Mytheon, is now underway.

While the beta is technically a closed beta, it sounds like anyone can receive a key simply by signing up at the official Mytheon website.

Mytheon will also be on display at this year's GDC, so stay tuned for more information!

UPDATE: It has been brought to our attention that it may take applicants up to one week to receive their beta key. It should also be noted that there is an NDA in effect.

Comments

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Me Me! Pick Me!

/em Raises hand and jumps up and down.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I'm confused... I wonder if the NDA is dropped then? Probably not.

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Can you not make accounts yet for them?

Both of my e-mails will not work for signing up and when I try password retreval, it says the e-mails do not exist in their database.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

http://www.mytheongame.com/en/news/community-news/closed-beta-test-begins

After signing up, you will have to wait up to one week before receiving your beta key for CB access.

There IS a NDA.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Zyllos

Can you not make accounts yet for them?
    Both of my e-mails will not work for signing up and when I try password retreval, it says the e-mails do not exist in their database.

yeah something seems to be screwy with their system, likely due to the linking to warrior epic accounts or something. i had a WE accoutn, but that login info (which im 100% sure is accurate) doesnt work. When trying to register, using either the name or email address i also used for WE, it says theyre already in use. When i try to retrieve my password, using eithe rthe username or the email, both say theyre not recognized. Makes lots of sense... "that names already in use"...."that name doesnt exist in our system".... theyve gotta get that stuff straightened out.

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

I had no issues signing up at all. Now, just waiting to get in.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Closed beta begins..? That's odd... I was invited t participate (and played) in the 1st closed beta half december 2009. They called it the technical load test at the time...

BTW.. I played it for 1 hour and left - game sucks IMO

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Every time you make mistake (like password without number..etc) the email you entered is "used" and you need a new one...

I ended using 3 emails on that  :D

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

This confuses me. I've been in the beta for over a month now. Without breaking the NDA all I'll say is I couldn't have been more dissapointed.