Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miracle patch slightly less than miraculous.

RaknarRaknar Member Posts: 192

Not only was it completely underwhelming in the patch notes (one new mob, lol), what they did promise doesn't work anyway. Mob AI is still broken. Watched mobs running in place against rocks still. Invisible gazelles still attacking randomly. And check out the known issues.

KNOWN ISSUES - Do not report these.

At the moment, the server content is faulty. This causes a lot of bugs.

The worst of them so far are:

* Armor Durability is 0.0 for all armors.

* Starter weapons are not showing up as intended.

* The day/night cycle fails to initiate on some client log ins. Relog fixes it.

* Dismounting a horse flags you Gray.

* The added skill books are not added.

* Floating NPCs.

* Keep Plans and Palisades are not added.

* Most likely many issues with the new spells and their graphics.

* Multiple Stamina Issues.

* Priests and Teleport locations missing in the new south-west region.

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

What did anyone expect?  Its Starvault, every patch they have released in the closed/open beta is full of bugs and it takes about a week for them to fix it. (even though some have been there since block A) 

From my take since being in the beta since July of last year, they have no strategy.  They throw stuff together.  They do not test any patch before they release it, they just "hope" it works.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

They said there would be bugs.  Have faith!  SV knows what they are doing!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Drache1985Drache1985 Member Posts: 28

thing is they ad 1 feature = 10 extra bugs

so its literally one step forward two steps back

and they still havent fixed the lag issues and desyncs, which are the most important part of the whole game imo 

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

They said there would be bugs.  Have faith!  SV knows what they are doing!

Have faith... lmao... 

• RaknarRaknar Member Posts: 192

Introducing new bugs wouldn't be such an issue if old bugs got fixed. But the old bugs are still there, new bugs were introduced, and the sparse bit of content they tried to add doesn't work. And this is close to release?

Originally posted by Raknar

Introducing new bugs wouldn't be such an issue if old bugs got fixed. But the old bugs are still there, new bugs were introduced, and the sparse bit of content they tried to add doesn't work. And this is close to release?

Have faith, Starvault is full of professionals, they know what they are doing!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

There never is a miracle patch, fixing as much stuff as this takes a lot of work. But the game is still in beta and so long as they fix all the issues before release there isn't a problem.

If not then it is time to take out the rotten tomatoes.  

Originally posted by Loke666

There never is a miracle patch, fixing as much stuff as this takes a lot of work. But the game is still in beta and so long as they fix all the issues before release there isn't a problem.

This was the last major patch before the release, they will have to make multiple hotfixes to even get half of the stuff working that they broke with the latest patch.  That still leaves desync and lag that has been there for months. 

True, there never is a last minute patch that fixes everything. But at least most companies don't break what little was working with the Hail Mary patch. The game is getting worse, not better, each patch.

True, there never is a last minute patch that fixes everything. But at least most companies don't break what little was working with the Hail Mary patch. The game is getting worse, not better, each patch.

Its enjoyable to watch for some reason though.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by Drache1985

thing is they ad 1 feature = 10 extra bugs

so its literally one step forward two steps back

and they still havent fixed the lag issues and desyncs, which are the most important part of the whole game imo 

Game plays great... must be user error.

Have faith in Sv!

Keep the faith!

Next miracle is reviving the miracle patch from the dead.

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

"The angels sang out in an immaculate chorus; as down from the heavens, descended Mortal Online; a miracle to behold, who delivered a patch into every player's Chode. the result was dreadful, leaving everyone writing in pain, as SV gave up, and went insane."

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

The game is getting worse, not better, each patch.

I completely agree!!!  Not surprising when they add "features" that are really half-ass workarounds.

I win!!! LOL@U

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

actully these bugs we arent supposed to be there the patch got curropted when they uploaded it to the server (something with them patching the wrong database

• TJ_420TJ_420 Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by downtoearth

actully these bugs we arent supposed to be there the patch got curropted when they uploaded it to the server (something with them patching the wrong database

...AND THEY HAVE PEOPLES CREDIT CARD NUMBERS. lololololol.

This gets better daily.

Originally posted by downtoearth

Whatever....     

I win!!! LOL@U

• MO.MrWinterMO.MrWinter Member Posts: 25

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/34623-upcomming-patch-delayed-24hrs.html#post728958

Posted By Maerlyn:

No. And please don't call it "miracle patch".

• AndrewDoKAndrewDoK Member Posts: 24

Hey, I know theres a lot of flaming about this game and i understand this.. but really guys, go easy on them. At least they are trying to create the game that we want to play and not just what is easy. They're also trying to do it with a very small crew and limited budget. It must be frustrating for them catching all this flak when all they're trying to do is create a good game, it must be hard not to get discouraged. Anyway, all I'm saying is it's okay to criticize (and easy to do so behind the veil of these interwebs).. just try to do it constructively instead of the 'omg lol sv fail again' posts.

Anyway, that's my 2¢, flame me if you wish.

Originally posted by AndrewDoK

They're also trying to do it with a very small crew and limited budget.

Then perhaps they should charge accordingly... That excuse is getting so old.

I win!!! LOL@U

• AndrewDoKAndrewDoK Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by HanoverZ

Originally posted by AndrewDoK

They're also trying to do it with a very small crew and limited budget.

Then perhaps they should charge accordingly... That excuse is getting so old.

If you don't feel the price is fair then don't purchase it. If you already have then it is your fault for not doing your research.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

lol did u play in Block A? ye the game is still buggy and stuff, still need alot of work. but they have made a HUGE progress since Block A.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• Padre-AdamoPadre-Adamo Member Posts: 61

Block A was a true alpha in every sense of the word. Unfortunately it was labeled as a "beta." Anyways... who wants to buy a limited edition loot bag??!?!!?! :-)

• jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280
    1. 1 patch away from release? Ha! this Game is NO WHERE NEAR ready, if they bring it live now, crash and burn.

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

Originally posted by KiDBlaiR

people just need to stop b*tching when its done its done.. you cant force it... you cant knock up ur girl friend and kick the baby out of her .. shit takes time so quit ur crying .. get a tissue and some cheese its and stfu.

No one is trying to rush it genius!  

I win!!! LOL@U