Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mourning has been BANNED...

ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

from my preorder money. But seriously, why would anyone preorder this game?

We haven't seen any screenshots with player interaction, nor any with even a working UI.

The closest thing we have to an ingame shot is some naked character standing next to 2 brown rats and "a buggy" LOL.

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/attachment.php3?s=&postid=165691

Haven't seen any movies besides that flythrough, which hardly counts for anything.

They just announced they will still release on Feb 28...9 days from now. 4000 beta slots are promised, but no start date for it.  Are they trying to appease the masses to make up for the latest behaviour on the forums? Does this game actually exist? If it does, are they trying to hide how incredibly crappy it is?

Too many uncertainties for me to give them cc info, or even go to a game store looking for a copy. I'll give it a month or so after release, see what ppl have to say about "the real thing".

Comments

• radlinradlin Member Posts: 266

I'm telling you.  I've been trying to warn people about this stupid BS game for a long time now, only to get slapped down and basically called a "newb" and told to STFU its gonna be a great game and on and on...

I refer you here for my warnings some time back, where I got slapped down for my efforts of trying to prove to people this game is "shady" at best, and a scam at worst.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/33970/setstart/1/loadclass/35

Problem is people are too quick to protect a game they think they may like until ofcourse, they themselves are banned from their forums, get their CC balance jacked, or simply wait for 2 years for a game full of promises only to come out at the end in a huge battle on their forums.  If only their PvP in game was as exciting as their PvP on their forums eh?  :P 

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by radlin

I'm telling you.  I've been trying to warn people about this stupid BS game for a long time now, only to get slapped down and basically called a "newb" and told to STFU its gonna be a great game and on and on...
    I refer you here for my warnings some time back, where I got slapped down for my efforts of trying to prove to people this game is "shady" at best, and a scam at worst.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/33970/setstart/1/loadclass/35

Problem is people are too quick to protect a game they think they may like until ofcourse, they themselves are banned from their forums, get their CC balance jacked, or simply wait for 2 years for a game full of promises only to come out at the end in a huge battle on their forums.  If only their PvP in game was as exciting as their PvP on their forums eh?  :P 

Not flaming you or anything, but who has had their CC balance messed with?
  • LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Sorry, for some reason my test didnt show up in my previous post.I was gonig to say

Not to flame you radlin, but who has had their CC balance messed with?

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

There have been claims....

1st thread by this guy... http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=bb4a7f2be84982ef7f4d7c9fb8cd7dce&threadid=17357

Second (more civil and believable) thread...
    http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=bb4a7f2be84982ef7f4d7c9fb8cd7dce&threadid=17352

So far that's what I've caught word of... who knows how legit it is, he was banned after his second thread before he could provide evidence to the community, and told simply to contact a dev.

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

These people (the ones making claims against Mourning) are Internet trolls who take a rumor and mix it with some screwed up logic and add in the "possibility" of OMGTHeY$RtehHAXxOrS.

You people need to come with some serious proof before you trash people. As Ive posted on other threads - Ive seen the alpha. It did exist. You people need to shut the heck up.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

We haven't seen any screenshots with player interaction, nor any with even a working UI.

There have been screenshots posted on IGN that show the user interface, albeit, they are a bit old (03/04).  There are also sneak peeks that have been posted on IGN for awhile.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Arawnite
    from my preorder money. But seriously, why would anyone preorder this game?
    The closest thing we have to an ingame shot is some naked character standing next to 2 brown rats and "a buggy" LOL.
    http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/attachment.php3?s=&postid=165691
    Haven't seen any movies besides that flythrough, which hardly counts for anything.
    They just announced they will still release on Feb 28...9 days from now. 4000 beta slots are promised, but no start date for it. Are they trying to appease the masses to make up for the latest behaviour on the forums? Does this game actually exist? If it does, are they trying to hide how incredibly crappy it is?
    Too many uncertainties for me to give them cc info, or even go to a game store looking for a copy. I'll give it a month or so after release, see what ppl have to say about "the real thing".

The beta date is the 28th idiot.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Originally posted by superhero13

These people (the ones making claims against Mourning) are Internet trolls who take a rumor and mix it with some screwed up logic and add in the "possibility" of OMGTHeY$RtehHAXxOrS.

Prove it image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

You people need to come with some serious proof before you trash people. As Ive posted on other threads - Ive seen the alpha. It did exist. You people need to shut the heck up.

Proove the game is real or stfu.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Originally posted by Grunch

check out IGN (search for mourning), and check their site.  Better yet, why don't you provide some real proof that this game does not exist.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by vmoped

check out IGN (search for mourning), and check their site.  Better yet, why don't you provide some real proof that this game does not exist.

Because if its on ign it has to be a real game lol. Your kidding right? Dawn was on there as well whats your exscuse for that?

Check out the Mourning website that should be enough proof that the game will never see the light of day. Its a concept being worked on by kids from what I gather.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

Dude. I dont have to prove crap to you. For all the real people out there who are normal...dont want to prove they are "733t" by trying to disprove an MMO exists....Im letting them know that a real person has seen and run through the alpha.

Now I do have several screenshots of while I was inside, but that would be breaking the NDA now wouldnt it?

I dont care what you believe, because people like you will never be satisfied. Heck after the game comes out your kind will still be saying..."its a scam to get your credit card!!"

You have no credibility.

I guess you have credibility because you say you do.

Im sure you really ran through alpha. image

Where is your proof?

You have no credibility.. wow that was easy.

• EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Grunch

STFU
  • ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

Dude. I dont have to prove crap to you.You have no credibility.

Right... because it's absolutely *not* the salesperson's responsability to prove to the customer that their product exists...

And, I'd have to agree with Grunch on this: you are one hell of a hipocrit. "You have no credebility, but I do because I'm me and I'm special" might as well have been what you said.

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    Lol Superhero...... coming to terms with the adult world where not everyone (like your mom) agrees with everything you say can be both frustrating and challenging cant it.image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

LOL. Whatever. You know nothing about me or my age or my profession.
    Make all the idle insults you want and watch them bounce off because you know nothing.

Obviously I know that you dont believe me. I dont care. I could post a screenshot or two but that might break the NDA.

I didnt post what I did for f'tards like you who are having fun bringing a game down just because you are 'leet'. I did it to let reasonable people who are wondering after all your shenannigans if its worth a try.

It is worth a try and its not a scam.

If you cant debate me in a civil way...youre not worth the effort.

I didnt post what I did for f'tards like you who are having fun bringing a game down just because you are 'leet'.

Read that again. That was written by YOU. It is one of a few postings you have made where you have either sworn or used acronyms of swearing like STFU and you have the hide to ask others to debate in a civil way.

Not only are you immature and border line illeterate, you are clearly gullible and very probably a liar and most definately rude and immature.

When you are ready to abide by your own rules then come back and make one of these so called civil posts you are refering to.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

Superhero Dictionary, v.13
    Civ-il
    (adj.) - admitting superhero13 is right, all of the time, every time.

No?

Troll all you want. Im just balancing out your drivel. Ive posted calmly and logically. Wish I could say the same for others.

I didnt post what I did for f'tards like you who are having fun bringing a game down just because you are 'leet'.

Yes, yes. Mature.

• Groundzer0Groundzer0 Member Posts: 16

I'm pretty sure they do have a game that they have been developing.

But the way they have been treating people in the forums is Bullshit.

And that is why I will not ever buy this game no matter how good it is.

*sigh* Arcarius hes not worth it. Im sure he will just say his brother was using his acount that day or something. He seems to dwell in a reality of his own creation that is well beyond the understanding of us "non superhero" types.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

• WagnardWagnard Member Posts: 21
    Well, Mourning IS actually the game I'm most anticipating. But at the moment I'm beginning to feel uneasy. The newest release date seems to be the 15th of March, and all we got up to now is another bunch of vague screenshots with no signs of UI. The whole thing is starting to look suspicious...
    One of the devs noted in a post yesterday something to the effect that if the open beta is being delayed by well over a week now it goes without saying that the release will be pushed back by a similar time period. Its pretty obvious that March 15 will not happen. I mean lets face it the boxes would have to be on the trucks heading to the stores like now to pull that off...

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+