Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars ?

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Does Guild Wars Trilogy cover all of the available content for guild wars?

Is is worth picking up at this point? 

Do people still play?

Will a new player be able to find a group?

You know the usual questions.

thanks in advance.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

guild wars is amazing, but its prime has passed. if you do pick it up now, be prepared to play alone. alot.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Toquio3

guild wars is amazing, but its prime has passed. if you do pick it up now, be prepared to play alone. alot.

not quite true it can be tough to find groups and most of the time you have more fun if you solo but you can find groups

not in the lesser areas but the main quests usually there are tons of ppl and since thier are zaishen quests everyday your bound to run into someone who needs something done plus finding a guild can help you find ppl but i do understand what your saying

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Thanks for the response. 

Back to the drawing board.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• LoveImagineLoveImagine Member Posts: 17

i'd say a significant amount of ppl still play GW. though if you haven't played it at all i'd recommend doing the trial first to see if u like it since it's practically all instancing. if your into pvp i'd say its probably the most balanced ive ever seen(getting ready for comments on tht one) personally i like it a lot and i was playing solo 99% of the time. getting all 3 campaigns gives you a lot of content to work with as well as skills, classes, and such. either way i'd recommend trying it first. hope tht helps.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

Does Guild Wars Trilogy cover all of the available content for guild wars?

"nope missing eye of the north"

Is is worth picking up at this point?

"sure will still be running well past the launch of guild wars 2"

Do people still play?

"yeah there still is very healthy amount but i think this is because it's free after store purchase can pick up and play without payment hassle"

Will a new player be able to find a group?

"actually i still see players making low levels asking for groups"

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Is there a boxed version that comes with all of the content? I only found trilogy.

--John Ruskin

• MMOGamePlayMMOGamePlay Member Posts: 5

Don't give up on this game!

The Trilogy cover 3 of the 4 games, well content, Eye of the North doesn't come with it but you can pick that up for $10.00.

The game still has a very large player base, and the community is great with newer players. Yes, you will be able to get in groups if you so choose and the game will be around for a LONG time, even after GW2 is released. 

You can check out my youtube channel, GWFarmData, i'm one of the more popular GW video makers and my channel might help you answer some questions. 

MMORPG Channel

Guild Wars Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/GWFarmData

Adobe/Tech Channel

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I strongly recommend trying the trial first. Guild Wars is not for everyone and before you buy any of the campaigns you should first find out if you like the gameplay.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    Originally posted by arenasb

I strongly recommend trying the trial first. Guild Wars is not for everyone and before you buy any of the campaigns you should first find out if you like the gameplay.

I agree. On a whim, I picked up the game  with expansions included at Best Buy awhile ago. Really did not like it. It was a total waste of 50 bucks, but it wasn't the first and won't be the last time I ahve wasted money. it happens.

A real frustration for me was the restricted movement. What do you mean I cant walk over that grassy bump, I have to go around it on your little proscribed path?  Just stupid.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Senadina

I agree. On a whim, I picked up the game  with expansions included at Best Buy awhile ago. Really did not like it. It was a total waste of 50 bucks, but it wasn't the first and won't be the last time I ahve wasted money. it happens.

A real frustration for me was the restricted movement. What do you mean I cant walk over that grassy bump, I have to go around it on your little proscribed path?  Just stupid.

You get used to the movement restrictions, and yes it's one of my complaints of the game even though I've played since it was released. This is why I say try the trial first. It's not a game for everybody but if you do like it you can get a lot of mileage out of it.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Senadina

yea but i think thats trying to find something wrong the"little bump" is small potatoes really the game has alot of good things about it i myself wasnt that big on it when i first started 4 years ago but the fact i can pick it up and play it whenever i want puts it miles ahead of any other mmo but it does have its downsides like the dp is a pain and the fact that you can only lvl to 20 and the fact that everything is getting nerfed into oblivion