Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do they find each other?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

each dot is a star system ?if so it is actually impossible for anybody to find anyone if the player so chose!right?

i could be max level and be in your zone and you never know?

its so vast how much of the game as been actually discovered or faught for?

why jita?why not any other area?

last question how come there is this big hole in the center of the star system nobody owns it yet its the most crowded star system in the whole map?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

The core of the map is NPC Empire sovereignty space. Jita belongs to the Caldari faction. Some of the gaps at the edges are also NPC space, but they belong to the pirate factions.

Not shown on the map are another ~2500 or so wormhole systems, which can only be reached by temporary wormholes, and cannot be claimed. They have no sovereignty at all.

Al of player sov and NPC 0.0, and quite a bit of empire, is regularly fought over in battles ranging from skirmishes with a handful of light ships, to full fleet actions with 1000+ people involved (not so many of these lately because there is a bug that makes the system node basically die when large battles start)

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

If someone wants to 'claim' sovereignty over a section of nulsec (0.0 space)

they have to plant a huge signpost that says "we are here!!" in big neon flashing letters

in lowsec, just get a route planner, enter a valid 0.0 to hisec route, somehwere that route will pass through lowsec

this is where the pirates will wait to get thier easy kills

in hisec, just look for the stations that contain a L4 Q10+ agent. the mission runners will flock to it like sailors to cheap ho's.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Rodentofdoom

in hisec, just look for the stations that contain a L4 Q10+ agent. the mission runners will flock to it like sailors to cheap ho's.

I laughed pretty hard at this, due to how true it is.

Well played.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

grin!wow!this game is epic!i didnt understand one thing of the stuff you mentioneed but its sounded interesting !

ty for fast reply

• ErhunErhun Member Posts: 170

Eve is one of the greatest games I have ever played if not the greatest. The only flaw is a massive learning curve which throws people to give up on it.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

They will know you are there because your portrait and character name appear in local chat. If they wanted to they can launch scan probes and hunt you down.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

Originally posted by mrcalhou

They will know you are there because your portrait and character name appear in local chat. If they wanted to they can launch scan probes and hunt you down.

what,what,what the fuck!you mean like bounty hunter.i arrive in your zone my name pop in your chat then you can send

probe (and i bet if your lucky you find me )or is there a quality for those probe too!men no wonder a lot say the lurning curve is steep ,i bet the average eve player know about 35 % of the game possiblilitys lol!

ty guys!

• DizsenDizsen Member Posts: 27

really 2 ways to scan

side scanner (no skills needed but is only a rough est): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2TH9_ZKm0

probes (takes skills and time but can pinpoint): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07y7zRA40c

second stream made me crack up lol!first serie that came to mind

FIREFLY!GREAT INFO BY THE WAY! TY

• CerrianCerrian Member Posts: 141

As part of a merc corp, hunting down specific targets is a multi-step skill that is required for all pilots in the corp.  It usually breaks down to:

1.  Is the target online? (add target to your buddylist)

2.  What system is the target in? (use locator agents for this)

3a.  Is the target on the move in a major travel pipeline?  If so, then what direction and what is the most likely destination?

3b.  Is the target in a mission running system, trade hub, or system with stations where pilots tend to rest?  Is the target likely to remain in that general area.

4.  Send a scout, preferably from outside of the merc corp, to the either the system provided by the locator agent or the system you believe your target is heading towards.  Get a 2nd locate if you need an update to the target's current position.

5.  Once the scout has identified the target in the local system (all pilots' names are listed in the local chat channel) the next step to narrow down the target's postion.  The target could be out in space, at a local mission location, docked in a station, etc.

6.  Scout obtains the target's ship type and the ship name.  That way if you ever lose visual of the target you can perform a system search and filter your results using those 2 pieces of information.

edit - When you're part of a corp or alliance that operates in 0.0 there is an intel channel that your organization is in.  Basically this is where all hostile and neutral ship movements are reported and tracked.

• CerrianCerrian Member Posts: 141

deleted for redundancy

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png
    each dot is a star system ? yes if so it is actually impossible for anybody to find anyone if the player so chose!right? no first of all there are 'locator agents' who can tell you the location of someone. Also scan probes are effective in locating someones presise location in system.
    i could be max level and be in your zone and you never know? When a 'max level' [which doesant exist in eve] enters your 'zone' his name shows up in local chat channel.
    its so vast how much of the game as been actually discovered or faught for? all of it
    why jita?why not any other area? its a convenient system at a travel hub
    last question how come there is this big hole in the center of the star system nobody owns it yet its the most crowded star system in the whole map? its Empire [npc] space its there for those who dont want to pvp 24h a day.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

If you want to find the were abouts of any player you can dock at a station with an agent and pay them to tell you the last station this player docked at.

But of course that person could be logged off or cloaked up, or they could be docked up or they could even be in another universe through a worm hole