Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about resubbing!

Well I played at launch, and had a 80 TOS within like 9 days (Farmed the camps :P)..

I quit shortly there after due to lack of end game, since we rushed it..

I decided I would like to come back, but should I make a new account or renew my old one? What are the perks for both? Also, How are TOS endgame right now?  Does the level 50 char still in effect?

Thanks alot!!

Comments

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Age of Conan is better then ever. I just went back myself, and it really deserves it's "Most Improved MMO for 2009".

I would use your already made account, as you still need to buy the game. Usually like $19 which includes a months time.

TOS are fine end game. ALL classes can be effective end game. The lvl 50 should still be good. It's a 1 use option. It was good when I returned.

I would also advise leveling a new character up also as there is a ton of added quests, along with everything that has been fixed/polished.

AoC now is how it should have been released. The new Rise of the Godslayer expansion looks really good.

• peacekraftpeacekraft Member Posts: 189
    Originally posted by Evile

Age of Conan is better then ever. I just went back myself, and it really deserves it's "Most Improved MMO for 2009".
    I would use your already made account, as you still need to buy the game. Usually like $19 which includes a months time.
    TOS are fine end game. ALL classes can be effective end game. The lvl 50 should still be good. It's a 1 use option. It was good when I returned.
    I would also advise leveling a new character up also as there is a ton of added quests, along with everything that has been fixed/polished.
    AoC now is how it should have been released. The new Rise of the Godslayer expansion looks really good.

QFT.

If I wasnt stuck on my laptop at uni I would be playing now for sure. Conan really deserves everyone giving it a second chance. It really deserves most improved.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Well I came back to the game back in Dec. I never really got that far my first time around only to level 32. I am a casual player these days Have a level 60 HoX and I have to say the game is absolutely amazing. Not many bugs. Yes you will run into a few here and there but they are continuing to squash them. The guild I am in is doing T2 raids regularly and starting off in some T3 as well. Cant wait to get up to where I can join them.

As for Content I am playing on a PVE server and there is plenty of it to go around even at the higher levels from the looks of it, and with the expansion coming up their will be much more in the near future.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843
    Originally posted by jmhoman3

I quit shortly there after due to lack of end game

Yeah they didn't add an end game yet so I dunno where people are getting it was much improved.  This time in WoW's time line it had at least 5 times the end game 40 and 24 man raids and group PvE content.  Plus it had PvP battle grounds that were popular and being done frequently by many....there are not many instances of PvP mini games going on, one at most and usually that is pre organized just so an instance happens.

I think the game needs higher quality and quality content to be considered "improved" imo.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

If you plan to stay 6 months, it's probably cheaper to buy 6 months, you don't have to buy the game if you do that, you get a mammoth mount, starter weapon of your choice that increases exp gained and chance of fatality, and an epic rarity helmet that increases exp at level 40. All these things are applicable to each character. If you don't really know just use your old account.

• jmhoman3jmhoman3 Member Posts: 10

Im up right now,

If the game is good, Ill stay 6 months. If its meh, then Ill probably stop before my month is up.

I still remember Land of the dead :P

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Tortage is amazing, but that is just the first 20 levels. I am on a trial myself, if you base it just off the starter zone it definitely does seem worth the 60 dollars. I heard that it loses some finesse after the Barachan Isles, though it is still greatly improved.

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

game is decent

very shallow though

pvp isn't dynamic enough

heavily instanced

grahpics, sound, etc, is goodgreat.   

combat is too simplistic.

all in all its worth the 20 bucks and the 15 dollars a month to kill some time for 4-6 months

After that, its pretty crappy

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

I'm giving AoC a go for the third time, I usually never come back after I dump a game once , I did it with AoC because I recognized the potential at launch.

It improves at a much slower rate then other MMOs but it does improve for the better every time i come back.

My issues with the game are of a PVP balance nature but they are getting close to making it enjoyable again, we'll see.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

I was just thinking today, what MMO do I miss playing....

Age of Conan

I really enjoyed the fighting system, the music and the level designs.

The game has so much great stuff in it, the only thing that really killed it was the Story after level 20 and riding mounts really hurt gameplay. 

I've been reading up and seeing some great updates towards this game and I think I'll give it another shot.

I never did play any PVP/Siege battles, maybe I'll shoot for that as something to look forward to.

Here's to re-downloading  the 12gig client. =)

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

Well, I am going to get on now.

Want to level new chars together? Anyone? Let me know!

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

re-downloaded it last and and been playing the unlimited trail since.  Getting a good feel for the classes and which one I like best but I'll def. be purchasing a subscription plan.

Well message me a ventrilo or something and Ill hop on

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

I just resubbed and the game is running great and very stable now.  Actually with the fail that has been MMO releases the past year, AoC deserves a revisit.  It is a beautiful game. 

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• DexyDexy Member Posts: 63

I too am downloading the game as I type this. I played back at release for 1 month and no more due to... well I'm sure you can guess ;)

But from everything I've read it looks like funcom have turned things around enough for me to give it another go.

• ULQQKEDULQQKED Member Posts: 28

I will try it for the third time when the xpac comes out.  I ran out of quests in the 40's the last time.  Other than the lack of quests and the jerk GMs it was a great game.