Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nDoors threatens testers

tihoatihoa Member UncommonPosts: 30

nDoors recently also threatened some of their "Open Test Server" members. If they're so open, what are they trying to hide? Ironically after posting this, they tried to advocate their "transparency" through one of the interview articles. Rule #1 and 2 are "to not talk about the test server" as a reference to Fight Club.

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/346/feature/3954

Comments

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

huh?

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

OT: are you the 9Dragons tihoa?

Come on... Give me a break!

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186

Hmm As what I know the testers should not talk about the test server to other user  except the GM's.. sigh.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Well, to be fair, most games have people on the test server sign some sort of NDA. Since they don't want info to get out so people can take advantage of things.

Then again, the testers generally already just do this themselves. So...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

Here's an example of what may happen:

What if the players disclosed information from the test server but never got to be released on the real server? That would be a big problem. And I think trancejeremy is right. I'm not really sure but I think players made a contract or agreement of some sort before they are allowed in the test server.

So I don't agree that they are threatening the testers. ^^v

Originally posted by uhjpae

Here's an example of what may happen:
    What if the players disclosed information from the test server but never got to be released on the real server? That would be a big problem. And I think trancejeremy is right. I'm not really sure but I think players made a contract or agreement of some sort before they are allowed in the test server.
    So I don't agree that they are threatening the testers. ^^v

Agreed. Ndoos trusted you to be a testers and you should know the terms and agreement that you signed on. :)

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

lol.. Im too lazy to read the whole article. can someone enlighten me.

• korndog22korndog22 Member Posts: 62

Yeah this is no Threatening of Players.Actually , if they signed a NDA and then talked about the beta test and such,They should be Perma Banned without question.For those of you that do not know.Most games these days have a NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) which says "If you participate in our Beta you must not reviel any info on the game unless we say otherwise".

Anyone who goes against this should be banned as they are doing nothing but bringing to light features that may or may not be implemented when the game goes live.Which can cause Chaos.

On LoTRO they instantly perma ban anyone who gives even a vague idea of anything that goes on in beta test.These agreements are in place to protect the game and its community,and to make sure  that false hopes arn't given to eventually fail.

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

I still haven't read the article but yeah... They do have a non-disclosure deal. Its great enough that you will know the future contents and such so you have ideas on what to hoard. I've been a beta tester on other games and yeah... it's not really threatening but just an agreement.

All I can say is the player should read first that NDA.. maybe he just too lazy to read it...

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Agreed...when you sign on to an NDA it is a contract  and you are bound to that contract.