Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cash shop is open and Gpotato has just showed... *Updated*

12346»

Comments

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

Jeeez, people, you are overreacting. You dont need these items and you will not need them for a long time

You guys want everything easy way. Just play with freakin 18item bag and chill down

Man....you sound like gpotato hurt your family

I will probably uninstall allods but for different reasons. It didnt fit my taste in temrs of character models (ugly wowish) and low melee damage (grind). Still, i dont like your nerdrage 

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Justarius1

This is the "future" of all RMT and "F2P" (Pay to Prosper) games.  Read the writing on the wall, people.  Today it's a valentine's day outfit in Aion; tomorrow it's a $45 dollar service to buy a "level" or something ridiculous.
    Mark my words.  This is why I will only, only pay a sub-based game.  Like my unlimited cell phone plan, I pay one monthly fee, get all the data and voice and text messages I want, and I never need to worry about being nickel and dimed to death.
    Right now, the sub based game getting my money is Fallen Earth; and I also pay for a Warhammer Online sub - a PvP game with absolutely no cash shop or RMT involved.  (Except for server moves or whatever, which I'm fine with.  Paying an administrative fee to transfer servers seems fair; paying a fee to become "better" than other people - especially in a PvP game - is just disaster.
    This is gonna hurt the young and stupid the most; they'll become addicted and as prices skyrocket and they need more and more perfumes or dusts or rocks or whatever the Hell they're trying to sell you for real market cash...
    I estimate it's 1-2 years before we start hearing about the "growing problem" of these games preying on the young with these RMT practices.

Right there with you Just, but trust me when I say this isnt an argument you will win until most people are ripped off enough to notice, or finally leave their 'addicted' phase with whatever cash shop game they play.

Until then they will defend it until the death, because to condem MT would be to condemn themselves, all the while lieing about how much they actually in truth spend on their so called 'F2P' game (most will even say nothing...), while secretly gorging themselves at the trough of virtual shinies as if that new armor they just bought actually means anything.

it's all really sad tbh.

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by Hrayr2148

I was debating between playing WoW tonight and grinding on the same content or going back to open beta for Allods.  After I saw the cash shop items, first word that popped into my mind, "greedy SOBs."

I will be uninstalling the game tonight and maybe catching a movie instead. 

Also, I have a career, I have the money to buy these items and then some.  Just because I have the money doesn't mean i'm stupid.  The last thing I want to do is support a company where its ONLY goal is money.  Yeah, that's the goal of every company but I don't feel scammed when I pay 15 bucks to play WoW or any other game.  

Cash shop is not a bad idea in and of itself.  But when the items you sell are part and parcel to the quality of the game, and place some people at a competitive disadvantage, then the buck stops here.

Good luck with your game... I won't be supporting any of it.

Kudos to you sir! I only wish there were more like you. Companies like this need to be cut off at the knees!

Sadly, there are too few of 'you' out there and far too many that will feed this monster, perhaps not enough presently to keep gPotato from eventually lowering their prices. However, does a person really want to give a company like this their money, ever, even after they've lowered prices to prevent a mass exodus. I guess as far as I'm concerned, it's the principle. It's sort of like catching someone you may have trusted while they are in the act of cheating on you. Yeah, they may feel sorry or regret and even apologize, but are you ever really going to trust them again?

Your fail comment, failed.