Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game features in FFXIV are you looking forward to the most.........

LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

........OR what would you LIKE to see in this game. FFXI at its time was beautiful in character and environment as well as playability with a good community. So as we see now, visually, this game looks great. But what matters most to YOU!! For me I would like a seamless environment where you are free to roam where ever. A broad selection of character classes. ESPECIALLY a Monk. I would like to see open world PvP as well. Random world quarrels suck, but you deal with it in real life and I want my MMO to have some sort of reality. If someone of an opposing league or faction bumps into you, it's only natural to engage in combat. But that's just me.

Getting too old for this $&17!

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The harder missions, that tell the story basically. 

Or whatever feature it is that presents hard bosses to beat with your friends... and as a reward you're presented with a kick-ass cutscene that rolls the story onward.  

Open world PvP is not going to happen most likely. Like all other FF's, the online counterpart is very cooperation based instead of competitive. The lore shown so far only supports this.. while the nations of Eorzea are not the best of friends, they've given up fighting each other because of a greater evil threatening them. There's no time for quarreling when that's the case.

Cooperative PvP will most likely happen though, and maybe even competitive PvE.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • borockborock Member Posts: 42

I would like for the keyboard layout to be a bit different. I couldn't get into the last game because of the funky controls. u guys know if they are changing the keyboard set up for this game?

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Originally posted by borock

I would like for the keyboard layout to be a bit different. I couldn't get into the last game because of the funky controls. u guys know if they are changing the keyboard set up for this game?

Yes they actually built the console version and PC version seprately, so the PC one will have the more tradtional set up. FFXI was built for the console, then ported, hence the awkward mouse/keyboard controls (though once you got use to the controler/keyboard set up most everyone liked it)

As for open world PVP...that will never happen and that a 100% garuntee. SE is all about bringing the community together, not watching people kill and grief each other all day. ALso when a game has both PVP and PVE it throws the balance off from one to the other when they get updated so this will be a very PVE focused game.

• FawarendanFawarendan Member Posts: 98

Well, it's Final Fantasy and it's launching for PC. I guess it'll be a good game, its hard to mess things up so hard. The only thing i dont want to see here is some cookie-cutter shit, better be freakin hard to level and have a load of content. Also good community and some crafting maybe?

Playing: Starcraft II.
    Played: Tibia, Ragnarok Online, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft.
    Wanna play: Guild Wars 2, SW:TOR, Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo III.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

WASD & a hotbar?  Mouselook!!

Hell, i'd still be playing ffxi if it had wasd mouselook and a hotbar :D

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• I'll just list a few of the things I hope for myself  in no particular order.

1)  A vastly improved UI with a hotbar, and some customization abilty.

2) A improved crafting system where we do not have to do the same combine 55 times in a row for a .1 skill up.  I understand them wanting it to be a challenge for us to max out crafts, but at the end it just got a lil silly when it came to actually maxing out our various crafts.

3) I would like to see more of the world being seamless, though I guess if it isnt that really is not a make or break factor for me.

4) The Storyline CS's to be a little more dramatic. I loved many of the minor side quests cs's better then the main story line. Star Onion Brigade,  Shanto's(sp?) quest lines are a few examples. I'd like to be more roped into the story because the story is what makes a game Final Fantasy.

As to what some have said about pvp, while I dont see this happening I would hope that it would be optional or have its own server set up for it.  We did have Balista pvp in XI which for the most part failed  horribly due to lack of  interest.

Im sure more things will pop in my mind, but these are just a few things Im looking forward too.

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

Well it IS Final Fantasy so as a fan I get I could deal with it being community driven. Besides....I'll have Tera and WoW's cataclysm to feed my PvP hunger. Nothing like getting revenge on someone who's ganked at lower levels. Sorry but I enjoyed going back to Southshore and exacting revenge. I love living in a time or faction based war. But a seamless environment would be great. Less loading screens please.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Yes, there are different games to cater for different people. Even though XIV might not sport PvP, other games do and you always have the chance to play them alongside of XIV if you want a PvP experience. 

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

The ability to level every class on one character. I can't believe how much i miss this aspect, as i believe it makes your character progression more fulfilling. I just don't get that same feeling from hopping on different characters.

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Difficulty.

• Second2LastSecond2Last Member Posts: 40

I would like to see voice acting, I haven't heard anything about that.

Originally posted by Second2Last

I would like to see voice acting, I haven't heard anything about that.

They announced they will have all the story based CS's will have full VA in english and i think JP (all others in english with subs) and i believe they said some major NPCs will too (not sure on this) but im happy enough with the CSs having them, it would have made me pay attention more to them in FFXI (i spammed through some here and there)

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Final-Fantasy-XIV/review/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Full-Update

this lists off quite a bit of info in a more summed up way. The bit for VA in FFXi is under japanese interviews. Take a poke at this first and if you have other questions let me know (im not sure if this is fully up to date.

Also this Sunday the 28th there will be Vana-fest 2010 which is the FFXI fan fest they will be doing some stuff for FFXIV. keep your eyes peeled for that info ( i know www.Eorzeapedia.com  will be letting us know what FF14 stuff will come from that) 

Well some VA is better than none I suppose. It will be awkward going from speaking NPC's to non speaking ones though.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

The ability to control it without going insane. That is all I ask.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

Originally posted by Second2Last

Well some VA is better than none I suppose. It will be awkward going from speaking NPC's to non speaking ones though.

I think they are basically just having the CSs be voiced. But to fully voice every NPC would cost a ton and take quite a long time to do (i dont want to wait any longer for this game lol) 

Usualy games that have alot of VA's they tend to repeat alot or they hire cheap crappy actors and by then you end up muting it because of how embarrassing it is.

Not to imply that XIV should be anything other than it is, but SWTOR is fully voice acted with dialogue tailored to your personal decisions as a player, and even SWG played around with voice acting. I don't think it would be difficult or time consuming for the XIV devs since the games conversations will be completely railed with little or no personal choices. All they would need is a smaller dev team dedicated to VA to work on it. But again that's just my opinion and I don't want to criticize it for other games achievements.

well that is true, SWTOR is also by comparison a much smaller game by,  graphics, classes, world (which i was told is more like star treck and guild wars, where is more hub based [not 100% on that]) so they have the time/work space to put  more detail into things like VA and diolog trees. They also don't havemore traditional things like endgame raids, crafting and the VA works well becuase the main story is a single player, linear (you actually have NPCs with you,making it feel like KOTOR basically) where as all other MMOs like FFXI its purely open world (and not to meantion a seamless  one) .

They are very much diffrent games that focus on diffrent things, hence why im not suprised it wont be fully voiced.

That's a good point, I'm still excited for XIV with or without VA. =)

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

I don't care what language it is as long as it's not a crappy english voice over like Aion. The Japanese and Korean girls grunts and yell are more suitable for games rather than the english babaric helga like butchy voices.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I dont think it could be done well, and it would be a huge drain on resources.  I say skip va.

Originally posted by svann

I dont think it could be done well, and it would be a huge drain on resources.  I say skip va.

well they already said the CSs will have VA, but nothing else really, which im tottaly fine with, like you said it would be a big drain on money and time, which id rather them spend on the actual game and getting it to us quicker.