Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG: Tradeskills with Complex gameplay.

TriMoonTriMoon Member UncommonPosts: 57

Hi,
I've been playing mmorpg's for a very long time and stopped counting at 100 yearsssss ago.
I've kinda become weary of trying one game after another to try to find the one who keeps me interested for longer as 3-months, thats why i post here to get some help.

Here's what im looking for: (this is an AND list, not an OR...)

1. Free To Play (F2P) only. Item shop's with convenience stuff are ok, but content that's only accessible to paying-players is not. Thus no mixtures of F2P except these and that...
  2. Full 3D, No less. eg: must be able to rotate camera in all directions and zoom in/out.
  3. Trade-skills:
    1. Collecting resources:
      1. Requires dedication to a single line. Eg: You can't gather all materials with same character.
      2. Mining / Lumber-jacking / Herbalism / Farming / Leather working / Fishing.
      3. Materials from monster by killing or skinning them.
    2. Combined effort:
      1. Requires resources from all character classes for best products.
      2. Requires skills from all character classes for best products.
      3. Certain skills only enabled while in a guild with appropriate skilled members. Example: To craft turrets you need both an alchemist for gunpowder, an architect for construction and an officer with political skills to command your men.
    3. A crafting system that:
      1. Has end-products that are not clones/same with each craft.
      2. Requires dedication to a single line. Eg: You can't make all items with same character.
      3. Technologies unlocked by server wide skill-progression.
      4. Technologies unlocked by individual-guild's skill-progression.
  4. Economy:
    1. Server wide trade exchange where you can place buy and sell orders, with a minimum fixed NPC price.
    2. Item degradation. Eg: You won't have that same axe until you get bored by it, No repairing, but replacement by new craft.
    3. Global Financial system with interest. EG: You can lend out money you don't need to others against an interest rate using the bank. You could also call this a Stock-Exchange.
  5. Game-play:
    1. Skill based. Classes which appear after choices made by players. Thus every character starts same but progresses into a specific class-type by player made choices of their game-play-style.
    2. No "Jack-of-all-trades" classes, thus each class having its specific use in game-play. Eg. no tank's/warriors that can heal them self.
    3. Requires team-play from the start, no solo or at most very hard to solo play.
    4. Real-Time, don't want turn based like chess ;)

I might update this with even more criteria but this is all so far while i write this.
Am i too demanding? i guess...

If there is no game yet that has all of the above: I'm willing to wait until some game developer makes one :D
(In which case pm me to test your game while in development)

Well thats all for now, 3M

Comments

• TriMoonTriMoon Member UncommonPosts: 57

*edit*
    Because editing my OP screwed the layout of it.

Adding "e5":
    Global persistent game-play where you interact with all players.
    Eg: no instances, except for dungeons and the like which are semi-instanced but still accessible by everyone at all times.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

It's not 3D, but Luminary has a lot of that...even a stock market. xD

EDIT: In general, yeah, you are  a bit demanding. No such crafting exists lol.

I have a friend who wants to make a game working in some of these directions though...mainly a bit deeper than the crafting system you described.

Well i only mentioned some main-criteria to which the crafting should comply to, i didn't describe the specific implementation of it in-depth ;)
    But tell me more about how deeper hes thinking of?

Originally posted by TriMoon

Well i only mentioned some main-criteria to which the crafting should comply to, i didn't describe the specific implementation of it in-depth ;)

But tell me more about how deeper hes thinking of?

Heh, it's just an idea. It'll take him years but he seems determined. Nonetheless, I'm not gonna just say it. Not my idea and I don't wanna be blamed if someone else finds it here and decides to use it. >.>

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

It doesn't exist, and yeah that's a bit demanding, but I can understand being demanding and knowing what you want.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Can't help but try i'm not kidding do harvest moon rune factory it's not really online but it has skill gaining and tradeskills (kind of) I'm kind of a fan of 1 char being able to do everything like runescpae, wurm online etc which probly doesn't really help you but those games have everything anyones looking for and complains that there is a lack of these days.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

I can't believe how empty-minded these last games are that are being developed lately.
    Why are there so very few, has the industry hit a stall?
    It's like all the designers of "good and interesting content" have retired and the new ones only copy&paste old ideas into new graphics, while leaving out the quality gameplay...
    gah i'm bored as hell atm..

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

LOL.

"I want it all, and I'm not paying a damned nickel for it!"

Best of luck.

Anyone found anything yet?
    (And keep the lame remarks,like previous poster, to yourself)

After actually playing it, LinkRealms could be your game.

Thanks for the tip.
    I have checked-out that games website and video.
    Although it has a lot of what i was looking for, it didnt comply with my point b:
    "Full 3D, No less. eg: must be able to rotate camera in all directions and zoom in/out."

Also it's beta registration is closed so even if i wanted to check the game-play, i would not be able to...

Anyway thank you...

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Anyone found anything yet?
    (And keep the lame remarks,like previous poster, to yourself)

Poster you refereed to did not make lame remark. He told you the truth. If such game existed you can be sure it's wouldn't be F2P. You must be new to mmorpg or completely ignorant living in your own world. Not even P2P games have such features and F2P are generally a lot less complex.

Anyway, good luck and let me know if you find such game.

The real truth is that there are more ignorant people around the globe that can only do bashing of others...
    It's a company's decision to make any game F2P or P2P, it has nothing todo with the inner works of the game mechanics.
    Sure more people would be more willing to pay for a game that has the things i listed in it, but that does not equal a P2P game...
    Just take television as an example, you have free channels with adverts in them, but also pay-per-view channels. It's just a decision of those that supply it to you...

So to summarize: That poster DID infact make a lame remark, and not tell the truth (scientific facts are truth's)

And no im not new to mmorpg's neither am i ignorantly living on my own rock called world, so don't even try to camouflage your own flame here...
    In general if you want to vent some frustration in a thread because you don't agree with what someone is asking for, then please cut off your hand before you hit the submit button...
    Thank you.

• KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

I don't think anyone's bashing you. We are just saying that you're being too demanding and expecting such game to be free to play is silly and greedy. Prepare to pay a monthly fee or demand less, if you want to find a game. MMORPG gaming is pretty damn cheap hobby to have anyway.

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

Developers can make a good game, we know they can as they have proven it in the pst with WoW, Lotro, EQ 1 &2, I just don't understand why they can't seem to get it together to make another one.

We have the knowledge to make a open non instanced world, engaging quests, housing, crafting, mounts, PvP, ect, as all those elements are spread out across many games already, it's just going to take one Dev team with a clue to finally be able to combine them into a game worth playing.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I do not think the game you are looking for exists.

I would suggest either broadening your horizons or finding something other than MMO's to spend your time on.

As a consumer we almost never get exactly what we want and have to compromise or go without; MMOs are no different.

Good luck to you.

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    It's a company's decision to make any game F2P or P2P, it has nothing todo with the inner works of the game mechanics.

The decision between a F2P or P2P is not that simple for a company, each model requires certain adaptations for the revenue model to work successfully. 

Anyway, I don't know any game that features even half of the qualities you seek. Which is quite unfortunate, I would love to try this game, though being F2P and not featuring mandatory/game-effecting stuff would be not viable for the budget size this MMO would have.

I wish you luck on your search, and perhaps you should try existing games while you don't find your perfect jewel. I haven't found mine either.