Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there any?

davidbzrdavidbzr Member Posts: 71

Ok I just would like a F2P mmorpg with lots of PvE grouping and perhaps an economy system (that you need to join a comunity in game), that is not so easy to advance and has a decent craft and PvP system. The other things would be pluses or minus.

Thanks.

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

You'll all hate me for this one, but you just described Age of Armor, lol.

• davidbzrdavidbzr Member Posts: 71

They'll hate you? Why?

Should I try it? 

You should give it a go, but it's received a lot of negative reception.

Ok I will, do you have any other suggestion for F2P games that are worth playing? (Graphics are not important)

Perfect World can be cool, but it's not a game that really encourages grouping.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I never heard of Age of Armor and if i never heard of it,it is probably a pile of junk F2P game.

There is ONLY one true grouping game that is FFXI,NO other game exists,they are all single player games PRETENDING to be mmorpg's.

FFXI has the pvp and craft system,but it is not an outright PVP system,but more so an organized event setup by two players or two teams.

I do not know of one single game that needs you to join an in game community to be able to take part in the economy.

I would say EVERY game is rather easy to advance,but if you want to actually do ALL the content and play each level to it's fullest,then some are much harder,example FFXI.A lot of the "HARD" mode depends on cheating/exploiting/high level help/RMT use,FFXI is IMO the hardest game out there if played totally legit.An example is your first party on normal mobs,nothing special in the DUNES.All players level 11 no experienced players ,i would guarantee many deaths.In comparison i can literally waltz through EQ2/WOW or any other game with not a worry of death and with no help at all,play them totally solo ,easy mode.The comparison of HARD>Easy is like flipping a light switch,FFXi is the ON mode.

I know of literally hundreds of games and have tried every game i know of and the COMPLETE package you are asking for does not exist.I am afraid you are just going to have to do like the rest of us,try a bunch of trials and find something you are happy with.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry
    There is ONLY one true grouping game that is FFXI,NO other game exists,they are all single player games PRETENDING to be mmorpg's.

This is full of crap. Ryzom still exists too, you know.

Thanks for the answers.

And I'ld love to play ffxi but I just can't, due to the country I live in. I'd finish almost every old school ff's till 9, those games were basically my initiation and what create my passion for rpg's...

Ryzom looks good too and it seems to have what I'm looking for, I'll download the trial and find the way to know if I can pay the sub in BOLIVARES :D thanks again, and if someone is playing Ryzom let me know please. I'll be downloading it now. 

I'm on the Ryzom 21 day trial currently also. I can pal around with you if you want, but my time will be limited to evenings (EST or GMT -5).

Yes, it's so so the hours I play too, mmmm gmt -5? Latino?

I'm GMT -4:30 from Venezuela.

Yeah, about that. I'll start in-game with you tomorrow if you want. I could use someone to help with quests and there's a few hunting quests I can think of that were tough alone, lol.

Originally posted by johnmatthais

Yeah, about that. I'll start in-game with you tomorrow if you want. I could use someone to help with quests and there's a few hunting quests I can think of that were tough alone, lol.

Ok them. I'm downloading the game when It finish I let you know throug here what my char's name is :)

Alright man, I'm either Johnak or Johnki in game. Can't remember which, lol.

• UnsungTooUnsungToo Member Posts: 276

If that doesn't work out for ya, R.O.H.A.N. might be worth considering, it's a free to play with crafting. Hmmm.... Karos is basicly based on crafting, you might like that one too, it's F2P also.

If you don't mind older graphics, there's always Anarchy Online, it's a really good game. F2P

Godspeed my fellow gamer

Originally posted by UnsungToo

If that doesn't work out for ya, R.O.H.A.N. might be worth considering, it's a free to play with crafting. Hmmm.... Karos is basicly based on crafting, you might like that one too, it's F2P also.

I've heard both of those are heavy grinds, as well as being very cash shop dependent. Just saying.

I've heard both of those are heavy grinds, as well as being very cash shop dependent. Just saying.

Yeah, they're pretty grindy, gameplay isn't dependant on the cash shop, but they do have cash shops. R.O.H.A.N has a really cool setup for how they do theirs. You don't really need to buy anything from those cashops like in some games. In the year that i played the game, i only spent $20, but I didn't need to.

Godspeed my fellow gamer

Naah, I wouldn't like that, CS depending games aren't my thing if it is that those are like that.

Thanks anyways Unsung :) 

Yep, no problem... There's Bloody Requeim... I haven't played it yet so i can't really say anything good or bad about it, but I'm heading over there right now to download it and see what it's all about.

Godspeed my fellow gamer

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

Alright man, I'm either Johnak or Johnki in game. Can't remember which, lol.

I just completed the 21-day trial...and subbed for 3 months!   Unfortunately, I work nights Monday thru Thursday. 

Quick note to you two (and any others who might be interested in starting Ryzom:

1.  Read the Missions (not quests in this game) thoroughly on the starter island.  Unlike many games, they are vital in order to understand the VERY different aspects of this game.

2.  Complete at least one line of Missions for either magic or fighting before moving on to the Mainland.

Hope you have as much fun as I've had so far.  I'd be interested in hearing of your observations.

Sekrog, I've been having fun! =D

Yeah, I'm a few missions into the fighting quest line. Probably will go through all 3 if possible just to be safe.

In any case, yeah, I'll try and hit you up in-game once I get off the isle.

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

Sekrog, I've been having fun! =D
    Yeah, I'm a few missions into the fighting quest line. Probably will go through all 3 if possible just to be safe.
    In any case, yeah, I'll try and hit you up in-game once I get off the isle.

Matt,

Judging by your last post:

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3407735#3407735

Do I assume that I won't be seeing you in Ryzom or is it the 1 game you've signed on to?

• LotosSlayerLotosSlayer Member Posts: 247

If you don't wanna sub to Ryzom, play the free version of Anarchy Online. Exactly what you're looking for.

• cjy420cjy420 Member Posts: 27

Perfect World can be cool, but it's not a game that really encourages grouping.

I have to disagree with this.  Grouping is essential to some parts of perfect world and encouraged to get some of the quests done.  For example every 10 levels you have a dungeon trial in order to go onto your next spiritual cultivation.  The dungeons are spaced like so: 19, 29, 31, 51 (for quest reasons its considered 51), 71 (same as 51, quests needed before entering), 79, 89, 99/101 (havent reached that high yet but some people say to wait to 101).  These dungeon runs usually require 3 main types, of course they would be DD tank and cleric....with maybe a veno to lure out group mobs etc.  This is where the group role comes into effect.  There are also quests within dungeons (twilight temple, frost covered fortress for example) that absolutely require a group to go into or you cannot access it. Not to mention at 80+ there is a quest to go back before the "modern perfect world" and explore the past, which is a place you dont want to really solo your first time. There are also Rebirth Orders (think of a angry group of mobs, in waves, each getting aggressively more difficult coming at you all the while having to defeat a boss on top of it....not something you can solo, in fact the game requires a group for that too).  Friendship quest which is a small social quest requires you to have a group to pass the crystal onto (think of a chain letter).

Territory wars which require 80 people from your faction, zen parties (group aoe grinding on charms and xp boost scrolls) and just plain questing together.  This is all in PWI and why i cam back to it after a few months break.  The grouping here is required on some and needed by other quests and you will never see world chat empty...there is constant requests for grouping, i mean constant.  "LFS for tt1-3, lfg for FF 90+ please, Need squad for my fb29 pm me"  this is what you will see among the drama jokes and trading.  

Personal leveling up, grinding/quests is a more personal endeavor that you can still group on but in order to progress up in the game grouping is definitely a major role, for the teaching aspect and in order to survive these trials.

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by sekrog

Matt,
    Do I assume that I won't be seeing you in Ryzom or is it the 1 game you've signed on to?

I'd say his lack of an answer pretty much says it all.

Originally posted by cjy420

(group aoe grinding on charms and xp boost scrolls)

I think when the OP meant F2P, he meant as spending as little or no money as possible. I've tried PWI myself, and from personal experience, feels more grindy than anything else.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• cjy420cjy420 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by eldanesh117

Originally posted by sekrog

Matt,

I'd say his lack of an answer pretty much says it all.

Originally posted by cjy420

(group aoe grinding on charms and xp boost scrolls)

I think when the OP meant F2P, he meant as spending as little or no money as possible. I've tried PWI myself, and from personal experience, feels more grindy than anything else.

Yeah like alot of f2p out there you will grind.  And i have gotten a toon almost to cap without spending a dime on anything.  Everything was gained with in game coin.  Thats the nice part about it theres tons of ways to make money in the game so that should not be a problem.