Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape - List edited!

tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

If by now you haven't played Runescape, you should be ashamed of yourself!

But really, I'm just here to point something out, and ask a question.

Everyone knows that Runescape is the only MMO to put in Quests that actually mean something and add a not to complicated Sandbox element.

So, who here would go back to Runescape in a heartbeat if they added the following:

• A slightly larger world.
  • A group system ala WoW or EQII.
  • A decent Clan system.
  • Free trade.
  • Things for groups and clans to strive to achieve together, such as epic quests requiring teamwork.
  • Wilderness was put back in.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Comments

• Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

I still wouldn't go back to it. The game is flat out to old.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Great game, always was.

The biggest problem with it is it has an even worse community of children than wow.

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497
    Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

Great game, always was.
    The biggest problem with it is it has an even worse community of children than wow.

Probably created by the fact that no one has to work together for complete anything.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• CitiusCitius Member Posts: 69

I would go back if they put the Wilderness back into the game

Played: World of Warcraft (5Y), WarHammer (3M), Anarchy Online, Runescape (5+Y), Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, City of Heroes/Villains, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth (1M)

Currently Playing: Guild Wars
    Currently Trying: None
    Taking a Break From: EVE Online

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497
    Originally posted by Citius

I would go back if they put the Wilderness back into the game

I remember this being the reason many people I knew played the game, and then proceeded to quit when it was removed.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

People complain about the wildy but if i remember correctly jagex said only 1% of the population actually did pvp on a regular basis and 5% casually.

Runescape to me is the best game ever made, i just got burnt out after awhile so won't go back but really the game deserves much more respect than what people give it. Also im eagerly looking forward to stellar dawn, hopefully it comes out this year.

• a_namea_name Member Posts: 249

I'm a grudge holder, I can admit that.

When I left 2 other games I still have a pit of disgust in me and can instantly return to why I left and the problems that went unsolved or even discussed.

When I left RS it was on generally good terms. I played it wayyyyyy back before bigger mmos were shown to me then returned to it in between other games. I can't explain why I don't see myself returning there for any length of time. There are lots of things I really liked about it.

The quests were interesting. The fighting was varied. The ability to drop world items or find them <3. TONS of crafting. The random events were great. The graphics aren't life-like but the population was never dead - there were always people to laugh at and with. There was good competition for some resources. I'd really like to know why I don't play it - it's cheap and it's a fun game and being a browser game it's even accessible near anywhere you can login.

So, when you ask if X might bring me back, I can't put my finger on why I don't think I'd return right now. Maybe it just feels like a kids game sometimes with the chat like "Will you be my gf?" - that and the graphics are the only real downsides I see to it. The graphics tho are excusable, it's not a C program, it's running in a browser! Some days I might say that the RS graphics style is akin to those that like old school rap, wear "vintage" clothing, emulate old game consoles for retro appeal. For that reason I can't pin it all to the graphics because even black and white shows can be class acts - little rascals, dick van dyke, three stooges, i love lucy. They don't even have color but entertain well so cutting edge graphics aren't what I "need".