Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dates and Details of the Third Closed Beta in Korea Announced! [Videos inside]

LocienLocien Member Posts: 87

The 3rd closed beta in Korea has finally been given set dates. The test will start on 2/26(Friday) and will continue for 10 days until 3/7(Sunday). There will be 20,000 participants which were chosen through applications or for contributing greatly in the discussions helping to develop the game.

Hopefully we'll get to see tons of new ingame videos taken by the thousands of participants!

Here's what we know so far about the new beta:

The new world map. The caption mentions that the game now has over 200 hours of gameplay.

A screenshot showing the skill window of a Berserker. The caption says that 68 new skills have been added to the game.

A screenshot of a bulletin board. These will be scattered across the game and will serve as a group matching system.

A screenshot showing off a raid boss and some improvements on the UI. The beta is adding 3 instanced dungeons with raid bosses to test in the game.

Here's a video shot at a press conference showing off several new archer and berserker skills and some more new features.

Here's another video which in the beginning displays the diversity of zones in TERA and at the end customization of the newly added male Castanics and female Humans. In the middle there's a slideshow with pictures, but unfortunately no one has translated what's being said in the videos yet :(

Comments

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Posted this on TERAblah.com's front page. Awesome info! :)

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

Man. Hurry up with the open beta. Screw those "selected" peons. I wanna play!

Getting too old for this $&17!

• YamiVegetaYamiVegeta Member Posts: 15

Can't wait for the third beta to start.

Since there's 20.000 players I'm sure we'll get a lot of videos and pics out of it :P.

That's right! It wasn't me who was wrong. It was the world!

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Curious, the same style as in Aion, in fact the characters look the same, and they are using the same lineage 2/aion menus and windows.

How can this crap worth anything? For real, if someone wanna be taken serious, better to be original and do things by themselves.

Mark my words, this will be another crappy lineage 2 clone with better graphics and destined to fail, at least in the west

Originally posted by tryklon

Curious, the same style as in Aion, in fact the characters look the same, and they are using the same lineage 2/aion menus and windows.
    How can this crap worth anything? For real, if someone wanna be taken serious, better to be original and do things by themselves.
    Mark my words, this will be another crappy lineage 2 clone with better graphics and destined to fail, at least in the west

Since you're a WoW player I can't really take you serious.

And probably you don't know too much about the game either, judging by your post.

Well, you don't have to play it.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370
    Originally posted by YamiVegeta

And probably you don't know too much about the game either, judging by your post.

Maybe thats true, but I can judge the pictures, and the story they tell is thats another crap clone is on their way.... time will tell.

Plus, all of that wow player story is soooo last year mate... In fact, I bet you've been there yourself, but suddenly, on a surge of "adulthood" you found out wow is soooo bad, and only asian lineage clone crap is good.... Well, nice for you, have fun

Originally posted by YamiVegeta

Maybe thats true, but I can judge the pictures, and the story they tell is thats another crap clone is on their way.... time will tell.

Plus, all of that wow player story is soooo last year mate... In fact, I bet you've been there yourself, but suddenly, on a surge of "adulthood" you found out wow is soooo bad, and only asian lineage clone crap is good.... Well, nice for you, have fun

Yea I did play WoW, but then I realised it's not my cup of tea.

And yeah, I do like asian games.

Well, I guess we need haters like you around too.

• LocienLocien Member Posts: 87

Mark my words, in 2011 this game will be among the top 5 MMORPGs and I'll be laughing at you and everyone else who didn't give this game the benefit of doubt just because it's made in Korea and because it has spectacular graphics.

If you actually cared to take a look at the first video in my post you'll realize that this game is groundbreaking and nothing even remotely similar has been done earlier in any MMORPG by experienced developers with a high budget.