Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does SOE hate Digital Downloaders?

winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Ok So we all pay the same amount for a monthly subsciption to EQ2 (more or less) and basically we are all gonna pay the same amount for the sentinals Fate expasion. So why does SOE hate those that don't want to pay extra and order snail mail So much that they make the digital download players wait a whole extra week to play? hell I'd go pick it up a a store but my cars in the shop and the cost of a taxi would be more then same day shipping, and Buses would take way to long as i do have to work today. Grr... /rant off

Comments

• indyonlineindyonline Member Posts: 6

Lol, sounds like a dilemma! You know you want the game though... =)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Very possibly has something to do with an agreement with various retailers.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

its so stupid its their own game and they don't even offer it ON THEIR STORE on release. another idiotic move by the clowns at SOE.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

Its a delayed rollout.  Keeps everyone from bumb rushing SF all at once.  Also why would you pay the same price for a digital download as retail just to be able to play later than retail?  Never understood the DD crowd.  Eat my bandwidth, time, no cost savings and more importantly nothing to read on the pooper =P  When DD costs what the publisher gets from a retail sale, I might consider them.  Until then its silly unless you live in an area where access to retail is an issue.  For me there are 3 stores within a 5 minute drive to get the retail box... so DD no.

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

and they have the DL on THEIR on site dude open your eye ! move at sony station, click sentinel fate there u go dude ...

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by winter

Ok So we all pay the same amount for a monthly subsciption to EQ2 (more or less) and basically we are all gonna pay the same amount for the sentinals Fate expasion. So why does SOE hate those that don't want to pay extra and order snail mail So much that they make the digital download players wait a whole extra week to play? hell I'd go pick it up a a store but my cars in the shop and the cost of a taxi would be more then same day shipping, and Buses would take way to long as i do have to work today. Grr... /rant off

its a deal that had to do to have shelf in ebgame like store!ebgame doesnt usully sell older game

and if they do it better sell million.

so eq2 had to give something extra to those client

so its avail in local store but digital is locked it garanty all fan their copy trough ebgame so game will sell like candy this thursday

and soe will still sell a lot of copy in digital for those too far from civilisation

i think its a good deal for average joe who buys nothing online but love gaming!

by the way you got this backward

everquest 2 will be avail for general sale on the 23 of february(thats the official release date

BUT it is avail on pre-sale(beta)on the 16 of february .aion did something similar we had a while before the game was officially released.this is sony version of it!

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Why the hell is it a week delayed? If anything the dd copy should be out before physical.

Maybe steam will have before the SOE store, you could get it from there...

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

but op you buy a boxed copy online and receive it trough ups on average in 24 hours ,why do you need digital desparetaelly

they ll send it to your wherever you want lol .ebgame is like that amazon(the online store)

and even ebgame local has it .only the digital version isnt avail ,all the other boxed version are avail!online or offline

boxed means 24 hour delivery so you ll get it tomorrow

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by neosurfeur

and they have the DL on THEIR on site dude open your eye ! move at sony station, click sentinel fate there u go dude ...

No they don't, at least not for US residents perhaps you should check your facts before telling others to open their eyes.

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

People crack me up. For the longest time, the main method of getting expacs for eq2 was digital download. The playerbase screamed and shouted from the roof tops for soe to get the game into brick and mortor stores and put more of a presence out there.

So they did just that.

The purpose of the early entry week for boxed copies was to give incentives to players to use the brick and mortor vendors.

If the game would have let the digital download folks in too it would have removed the incentive for most people to go off to the best buy and bring home the box.

Originally posted by SgtFrog

store.steampowered.com/app/24190/

Thanks but the link reads "this item currently unavailable in your region." ie USA

Originally posted by drbaltazar

but op you buy a boxed copy online and receive it trough ups on average in 24 hours ,why do you need digital desparetaelly
    they ll send it to your wherever you want lol .ebgame is like that amazon(the online store)
    and even ebgame local has it .only the digital version isnt avail ,all the other boxed version are avail!online or offline

Next day delivery generally cost about 10-20 dollars

. (admitted i haven't checked in several years.) So call me Cheap

Originally posted by SgtFrog

store.steampowered.com/app/24190/

Thanks but the link reads "this item currently unavailable in your region." ie USA

ah wow that is odd hehe, i guess this is one of the few times that something in UK/EU only :/

how about this one mmorpg.dlgamer.com/buy-everquest_ii_sentinel_s_fate_all_in_one-download-p-6517.html

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

onlinecdkey.com

worked for me.  quick (digital) delivery of key.  downloaded expac via the patcher in like 30 minutes.

be warned, they are not an "official" distributor.  but they sell everywhere and like i said, key was good and delivery was quick.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• midmagicmidmagic Member Posts: 614

Boxes on store shelves are important for drawing in new players.

Forever looking for employment. Life is rather dull without it.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Don't feel TOO bad, because SoE also hates players that HAVE the damn discs and want to play with their spouse who has FINALLY given in to play the trial, but has to wait endlessly while they're downloading a CRAP ASS TON of patches too.

I'm so pissed right now I can hardly SEE straight. Could the game TAKE any longer to patch than it DOES??  What is the deal?  I have to patch for what...two days or something while she levels to 20 on her OWN???

You'd really think they could do a LITTLE better. I've never had any game patch so slow in all my life.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• wertaxwertax Member UncommonPosts: 68

There are multiple ways to install the game :

1. use the discs if you want (they will patch ) *usually less then the 10GB

2. http://everquest2.station.sony.com/freeTrial.vm streaming client. (possible to start playing within 15 minutes.)

3. http://launcher.station.sony.com/ station launcher (downloads all the 10GB)

4. http://everquest2.station.sony.com/en/install/  regular old installer. (downloads all the 10GB)

the streaming client will get you online and playing the fastest (since it wont need to download all the 10gb game files)

the station launcher will most of the times profide a smoother download then the regular installer.

IF you want to you can also copy-and-paste the game client data from another system in your home thats already pacthed.

* a free-trial installation is the same as a regular install. only difference is the account you are using to play.

Hope to have helped you out a bit,

Ortahr.

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Next day delivery generally cost about 10-20 dollars

. (admitted i haven't checked in several years.) So call me Cheap

check ebgame they had a deal on delivery i cant say what it was since my copy is at the ebgame local(will get it tuesday)