Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lookin for ps3 games

SlyGamer79SlyGamer79 Member Posts: 278

ok people heres the deal i need help with some good games to look for for my ps3 when i get it for xmas.i know of afew games i want i have my g/fs ps3 and games sitting here but getting my own only been playing FFXII and Oblivion and wanted to get smackdown vs raw 2010  and maybe god of war collection however dunno about any other games that i should look for new or used i don't care lol.  and as far as dragon age origins i have friends tell me to get it for PC which i might do that lol.

PSN-SlyFox5679
Xfire-Slyfox5679
raptr-slygamer1979

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

There's loads to choose from but check out these 

?

• PyrosanPyrosan Member Posts: 4

Dragon Age

Well the plot, which deals with the impending invasion of a horde of demonic creatures called the darkspawn, isn't where the story's biggest surprises lie. The shocks, the joys, and the disappointments spring from the repartee among a number of remarkable characters; they lurk within books of lore and stories of martyrs; and they burst forth during spine-tingling moments when you must choose from a selection of difficult choices that affect the tale's direction--and the way your associates interact with you. Ferelden is a colorful and fascinating kingdom that takes enough cues from well-known fantasy tropes to be familiar, but bends enough conventions to feel original. Dragon Age features dwarves, but their caste-based society and the social paragons that rise above it twist the norms enough to keep you intrigued. Mages remain under the constant watch of templars, a restriction that doesn't sit well with those who view such policing as virtual slavery. The role of religion in human circles is of particular note. Chantries provide refuge to those worshiping the all-powerful Maker, and chanters recite the holy word near their houses of prayer. But lest this world sound too serious, don't despair: One such disciple slides food references into her chant, and a few dwarves warn you not to fall into the sky. Small, humorous touches like this are plentiful. Even if you aren't the literary sort, Dragon Age may inspire you to read every note, every character bio, and every creature description, thanks to the richness of the world and the consistency with which it's presented.

You'll learn even more from the companions who join you, and you'll grow to care about them on your quest for glory. There's Morrigan, the cynical apostate mage bound to your cause for reasons that become clear only late in the journey; Sten, the strong, silent type who isn't so quick to reveal his innermost thoughts; and Zevran, a darkly mischievous would-be assassin with a wild streak and a playful disregard for the law. There are others too, including Alistair, a wisecracking, vaguely insecure member of the Grey Wardens, an elite group of champions that recruits you early on. Great dialogue and fantastic voice acting make these characters leap off the screen as if they were real friends, and the way they interact with one another feels authentic. Morrigan and Alistair banter about the role of templars in the lives of mages, and the sweetly devout Leliana tries to communicate with your trusty canine cohort in some amusing exchanges. You may even develop a romance (or two) before all is said and done. The course of love isn't always a smooth one, though it can be a bit steamy, in a PG-13 sort of way

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

If you like the God Of War games you might enjoy Conan and Heavenly Sword. They are similar to GOW as they have the button combos. They are older games and you can pick them up fairly cheap now.

• You should get Dragon Age for PC.

Anyway, Fallout 3 is a good buy for PS3 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming soon

• MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

If you like the God Of War games you might enjoy Conan and Heavenly Sword. They are similar to GOW as they have the button combos. They are older games and you can pick them up fairly cheap now.

I dont know about Conan but Heavenly Sword is a good game. I also like Assassins Creed.

• Daemonic-DazDaemonic-Daz Member Posts: 16

Darksiders is a fun game if you just want to rip through demons and angels with a apocolyptic horseman. :D

• AevenathAevenath Member UncommonPosts: 116

I'll be getting one hopefully within the next month, there are a LOT of good games coming out for PS3.

There's Darksiders and Bayonetta, but I'm playing them on the 360. There are a lot more games then this, but once I get my PS3 these are probably the ones I will focus on more.

White Knight Chronicles

Heavy Rain

God of War 3

Final Fantasy 13

Final Fantasy 13 Versus

Uncharted 1 & 2

Alien vs Predator

Last Rebellion

Star Ocean 4

Demon's Soul

Resonance of Fate

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Heavy Rain ftw. I pre-ordered. =D

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

Heavy Rain ftw. I pre-ordered. =D

The one game that might force my hand into getting a ps3, that and Demon's Souls.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Not to hijack the thread or anything...but can anyone list a few more games? Aside from my list, I'll be picking up Little Big Planet definitely, and maybe renting Heavenly Sword. I know there are a lot of games I missed, so someone speak up! 

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Dude no Ps3 owner should be without these three games.

Metalgear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 2

Its like not playing Gears of War or Mass Effect on Xbox 360. Bloody criminal if you ask me.

Must haves seriously!

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

Originally posted by Rockgod99
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Amazing game. Just be prepared to be watching a movie as well as playing a game, heh.

I'd also look out for Heavy Rain.

Doh, how could I forgot MGS4 or Infamous. More titles added to my list. >_>

Any other launch or close to launch titles that are worth checking out? I'm caught up on current releases/future releases.

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Have you looked at Folklore?  Was a very interesting game, kinda flew under the radar.  And honestly, it'd be a crime not to check out Valkyria Chronicles.

Oh yeah, Folklore. It's an RPG, right? That's fine by me since RPGs are my favorite game genre.

Now, Valkyria Chronicles...the combat system looks a bit weird, but it's hard to pass up an RPG so what the heck, I'll give that a try too. :P

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746
    Originally posted by Aevenath

Oh yeah, Folklore. It's an RPG, right? That's fine by me since RPGs are my favorite game genre.
    Now, Valkyria Chronicles...the combat system looks a bit weird, but it's hard to pass up an RPG so what the heck, I'll give that a try too. :P

It looks odd, but it works rather well.  Used to be a demo for it up on PSN, would probably be your best bet, gives you a nice feel for how the game plays. 

• MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181

The Orange Box if you havnt played those games on another platform. I enjoy the Half Life episodes and of course Portal is included as well.

I just played MAG for the first time...it's epic. So insane but so great. SOCOM's guys did a good job.

I'm looking into White Knight Chronicles and Fret Nice as well.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I just played MAG for the first time...it's epic. So insane but so great. SOCOM's guys did a good job.

White night is nothing fun, i had high hopes for it but was disappointed.

Originally posted by Gabby-air

White night is nothing fun, i had high hopes for it but was disappointed.

Seems the critics agree. </3

I don't even go by reviews any more. I've liked so many games that were given bad reviews I just play them for myself now.

WKC looks fun, so screw them. :P

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by Aevenath

I don't even go by reviews any more. I've liked so many games that were given bad reviews I just play them for myself now.

Amen.

So many really fun games that have gotten 6 and 7 ratings on review sites.

I just cleared Turok a fps that got scores of 5 to 7 and it was bloody awesome.

Great storyline.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP