Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which mmo to go to next :( ???

grahf2k7grahf2k7 Member UncommonPosts: 10

I'm trying to find a new mmo for me and my wife to play, we were playing wow for years but got bored of the game and sick of the greedy community that didn't care about anything but epics and w/e made them feel better then other people.we later moved on to aion at its release but we both r pretty burnt out on the high lvl grind from 40-50 and are not happy with the pve content at all.so i'm currently looking for a pve heavy mmo i was thinking about lotro,AoC or EQ2 or anything else that has strong pve content and a good community,do you guys have any suggestions or recommendations for us?.

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Community is subjective, so only really you can decide what community you like the best.

As for a great PvE focused game, Id say either AoC or Lotro. Both have free trials so give em a shot and see what you guys like. Ive played both for an extended period of time and greatly enjoyed my time in each.

• zephyr86zephyr86 Member Posts: 25

If its a choice between the three you listed, I would probably suggest LotRO, because I feel, and this may be generalizing slightly, but the community there is a lot more intelligent and courteous than other MMO's.

But you have your bad apples in any games, sometimes you just gotta take the bad with the good.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

I second the Lotro suggestion.

EQ2 is also a very good game and has a good community, but the lower level areas are pretty empty. If you don't mind that, then give EQ2 a shot.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• grahf2k7grahf2k7 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Not only thinking of the three listed but ye i was thinking that lotro might be the best choice.just gotta get the wife to try it because she thinks it looks boring and bland she loves the movie but the game just doesn't grab her attention.

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

I would recommend EQ2. IMHO it's hands-down the best PvE game out by a really wide margin. The housing, crafting, tons of classes and races, tons of spells and abilities... it's mind-boggling.

The lower level areas aren't densely populated since most of the player base is at the end-game, but if you're going to have a dedicated duo there's nothing you won't be able to experience on the way up except the really tough dungeon crawls.

Feel free to try out LoTRO, but I don't think it offers anywhere near the fun, flavor, customization, and overall FUN gameplay.

Another thing about EQ2... if you take crafting skills that will complement each other you can mastercraft all the gear you'll need while leveling up, and make yourselves decent money in the process.

And honestly, I freakin' LOVE the spell effects in EQ2. From a purely aesthetic point of view, they're just so damn pretty. :P

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Oops misread. xD

LotRO sounds the best for you.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

i would say give lotro a try :) , good PVE content and great community.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ShastaHawkShastaHawk Member Posts: 31

Personally, I think Dungeons and Dragons Online is great and as a bonus, it's F2P

• grahf2k7grahf2k7 Member UncommonPosts: 10

thank you all for your suggestions, we are gonna try  lotro out this weekend hopefully we will like it.